Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Paragraph Contest Week 4  (Read 1281 times)

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
Paragraph Contest Week 4
« on: May 25, 2014, 09:28:29 PM »
Oh my there are so many  creative writers here at The Reality Buzz!  I really had so much trouble choosing a winner!  I loved the drama and the sci-fi. In the end I am choosing Merry Prankster as the winner.  I loved that it was really scary in the beginning and then became so light and funny with the Halloween prank.

Merry Prankster - please put a starting sentence for the next week in this thread.

Congratulations to everyone for a wonderful game!
Here's to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
Re: Paragraph Contest Week 4
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 10:06:40 PM »
Oh my there are so many  creative writers here at The Reality Buzz!  I really had so much trouble choosing a winner!  I loved the drama and the sci-fi. In the end I am choosing Merry Prankster as the winner.  I loved that it was really scary in the beginning and then became so light and funny with the Halloween prank.

Merry Prankster - please put a starting sentence for the next week in this thread.

Congratulations to everyone for a wonderful game!

Thank you trouble405.  I have read each paragraph posted for the duration of this contest and I couldn't agree more with your sentiments.  I believe each of the contributors to this contest would make a fine teacher of creative writing.  I am honored to be participating with such a talented group.

On with the contest!  This week's sentence is.....

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.........What?......  Someone already wrote it?  Darn!  (Sorry, the Prankster can't resist.)

Here is the REAL sentence for this week's contest:

Tears flowed down her cheeks in protest but she knew it was the right thing to do......

Good luck everyone!  I look forward to reading your submissions.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 10:28:00 PM by Merry Prankster »

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 10:08:15 AM »
All right! Game on!

Tears flowed down her cheeks in protest, but she knew it was the right thing to do. She lifted one foot, and then the other, cringing with every painful step. Slowly, so very slowly , Andromika inched forward, dragging her bloody sword behind her. She reached his side and her heart raced even faster, he was suffering so much. Not much was left of Julius. Shallow, panting breaths. Sweat drenched hair. A great gaping wound across his chest. Slowly Andromika raised the sword above her head and said, "Farewell, my love."

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 01:28:53 PM »
Tears flowed down her cheeks in protest but she knew it was the right thing to do...... she clicked the send button, thereby placing her life's work in the hands of another. She only hoped the ******* would hold up his end of the deal.

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 01:42:43 PM »
Tears flowed down her cheeks in protest, but she knew it was the right thing to do.  Her family would likely never speak to her again but Amy had seen her brother take those ballots from the migrant workers and mark them as HE wanted them marked.  She watched him place those ballots into the box and swear they were the true and honest votes of the workers. Now that the cheating scandal had become public, she was the pivotal board member and was being forced to testify.  As Amy raised her right hand and placed her left hand on the Bible, she saw the look of expectation on every persons face in the court room.  She took a deep breath and said "I do" to the promise to tell the truth.
Here's to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 05:54:17 PM »
    Tears flowed down her cheeks in protest, but she knew it was the right thing to do.  She could not blame Jerome because he was always adamant about not wanting one.  He said all they needed was each other and that it would come between them.  But how could she part with it.  She felt it was such a part of her, her very own, and she longed to keep it.  She felt as if her heart was being torn from her chest. Oh, the pain!  She didn't think she could bear it.  As she held it this one last time, she feel to her knees sobbing as she threw the cell phone in the trash.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 09:08:09 PM by Snowbird »
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 08:13:57 PM »
Tears flowed down her cheeks in protest, but, she knew it was the right thing to do. Katie knew she was not a bully. She knew that she was not in the wrong again. Today, she  just couldn't take any more.
Welcoming Suri into the family, she was told how hard it would be for her new "sister" to adapt to them. So, she had tried so hard, really hard to be a great big sister.
She knew how much this adoption meant to her Mom and Dad. She knew how happy Suri would make them.
They had talked about Katie's "sister' for so long and now it was finally happening. 
She, too, had actually been excited to have a new little sister, but, Suri didn't seem to feel the same way.
Every day there seemed to be another argument with another explanation from her parents ending with the words, "try harder".
Well, Katie had tried and tried just about as hard as she knew how to try.
Today, being called a bully, by the people she loved, was the day she would finally speak up and truthfully tell her parents just how she felt.
To keep peace,she had taken the blame for too long , and now amidst tears, she looked up at her father and began to speak.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 12:21:32 AM »
Caution:  This post contains sensitive subject matter, a daughter's decision to terminate life support for her father. 

Tears flowed down her cheeks in protest but it was the right thing to do.  He seemed so small, nothing more than a shrunken, frail approximation of the hearty, vital man she once knew.  There must have been a mile of plastic tubing and electric cords running between his body and the maze of machines and suspended IV bags that sustained and monitored his existence.  The only signs of life were the “beep….beep” of the heart monitor and the relentless mechanical inhale and exhale of the ventilator.  ‘Where are you, dammit!?  Why can’t you move?  Why can’t you wake up and speak to me?! I need you!’ she thought.   She had resisted for weeks, assuming every twitch of a limb, each flutter of an eyelid was a sign of impending recovery.  The doctors and nurses told her they were just muscle spasms and involuntary reflexes---but what did they know?  Had they known him for their entire lives?  She had refused to surrender and tried to bring him back to her----day after day she read his favorite stories to him, played his favorite music for him, recounted to him all of the wonderful times they had experienced together.  But now, at this moment, she knew.  She knew in her mind, in her heart, in her soul.  There wouldn’t be any new memories, just the old ones.  She took a few slow, deep breaths to compose herself, made herself numb to the pain, and temporarily filled the void with resolve.  Then she walked down the hall towards the nurses’ station to sign the requisite forms.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal