Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Week 6 paragraph contest  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
Week 6 paragraph contest
« on: June 08, 2014, 12:25:50 AM »
I had three excellent paragraphs to choose from.  It was a difficult decision.  In the end I had to pick Prairie Dawn's as it caught me off guard and gave me a much needed laugh. 
I want to congratulate all three of the participants on a great job!

So Prairie Dawn, you can put up the next starter sentence for us. 
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
Re: Week 6 paragraph contest
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 05:51:30 PM »
Will do.... :)

My starter sentence is.....

"It was a quiet moonlit night when she jumped out of bed, alarmed.  There it was again, a soft snickering noise coming from the corner of her room......."

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 02:32:36 AM »
"It was a quiet moonlit night when she jumped out of bed, alarmed.  There it was again, a soft snickering noise coming from the corner of her room.  She stood motionless in the middle of the room waiting to hear it again.  There is was again.  It sounded like Jeff's laugh when he told her he was leaving her for another woman.  She walked to the corner but saw nothing, even as she heard the snickering.  It must be Jeff hiding under the floor.  She looked around the room for something to tear the floor apart.  It was strange, she thought, that her room was so bare with only a bed and a night stand.  Where was her other furniture?  She went to the night stand and opened the drawer.  All she saw was a toothbrush, toothpaste, a bar of soap, and a hair brush.  She picked up the hair brush and walked to the corner where she began beating the brush against the boards.  Suddenly the door to her room was opened and the psychiatric nurse said, "Miss Emma, stop that noise.  I won't have you waking everyone else up on this ward."
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 08:46:15 AM »

It was a quiet moonlit night when she jumped out of bed, alarmed.  There it was again, a soft snickering noise coming from the corner of her room... She could tell by the moon that it was past midnight, but she was now wide awake and too curious to resist investigating the noise. The house was silent as a tomb at this hour, the all-hours revelry of the city being so far removed from them here. As she approach the arboretum, Iphigenia easily spied the source of the nocturnal snickering. A horse that was tethered to a post in the garden. The horse was currently eating her delphiniums. Further Inside the arboretum she heard low voices. She knew one of them was her father, but she didn't recognize the other... 'I tell you Artemis had decreed this!' The stranger said, Iphigenia could swear she heard her father weeping. 'I tell you king if you wish to save your kingdom and appease the goddess then Iphigenia must die!'...

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 09:54:44 AM »
It was a quiet moonlit night when she jumped out of bed, alarmed. There it was again, a soft snickering noise coming from the corner of the room. Araminda rushed quickly over  to kneel down by a huddled figure on the floor. It was her little sister Louella, holding a crumpled, bloody letter in her hand, tears streaming down her face, and her mouth twitching uncontrollably with her nervous giggles. She cradled the despondent girl in her arms saying "Shhh. my little LouLou, shhh baby. Big sis is here, she'll take care of everything." But she knew that this time she couldn't fix it for her, this time it looked like her sister had gone way too far.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 09:58:10 AM by ponytail »

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 12:47:48 PM »
Ooooooh! Tough decision this week! Great paragraphs to read!  :Woot_Emoticon:

That being said, the winner of this weeks paragraph contest is..........drum roll please.......OUTLAST!

Congrats Outlast! Great job!  :1rij:

Please put up a starter sentence for us!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal