Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: The Watchers on the Wall  (Read 1141 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
The Watchers on the Wall
« on: June 08, 2014, 11:21:51 PM »
Sam and Jon are pulling duty on the Wall. Sam is curious, he wants to know what she (Ygritte) was like. Jon--she had red hair. Sam is frustrated, he wants Jon to tell him what it was like to love someone, to have them love you back. He says, we're all going to die soon, and you're the closest I'll ever get to knowing. Jon says--so you and Gilly never...Sam--no, she just had a baby and she never offered...Jon--but if she had, you would have broken your vows. Sam tells him--interesting thing is, our vows never specifically forbid having relations. They say--I shall take no wife. And then Sam circles back to the original topic, what it's like to be in love. Jon tells him --it's like you're wrapped up in this whole other person, for a little while you're more than just a person...Oh, I don't know. I'm no poet. What did I get for it but an arrow 6" from my heart. Sam ends the conversation with--there'll be arrows for us all soon.They split up, Jon gazes mournfully over the Wall.

An owl caws (yes, it sounded like a caw, not a hoot). A lifeless head atop a pile of branches greets us at the Wildlling camp.The Wildlings are preparing for battle, a bitter Ygritte is trimming her arrows, arguing with the others, telling them--Jon Snow is mine. Anyone else tries to kill him, I'll have an arrow for them.

Sam is looking through Maester Aemon's books, trying to find information on the White Walkers. He is surprised by the Maester who tells him that he knows he is concerned about the fate of Gilly and her baby, and is looking for information on what might happen to her in the terrible stories. He tells Sam that he was once like he, how he was so in love and to this day can remember everything about her. He shoos Sam off.

As he leaves, he hears a desperate voice at the gate. It is Gilly and her baby. They have survived and have come to Castle Black. Gilly chastises Sam for leaving her there, and he tells her--from now on, where you go, I go, too.

The horns sound. At the Wildlings camp the head blinks, opens it's eyes, and says--It's time. The owl takes off.

Jon looks down over the wall and sees a sea of fire. Torches are being lit, preparations made. Ser Alisair Thorne talks with Jon about the coming battle. Tells him he was right, they should have sealed the tunnel, but this is not the end.

Sam hustles Gilly deep into Castle Black to a store room where she will be safe. She insists he stay with her, he will do no good above, he will just get killed and he promised to be with her wherever she was. Sam tells her he can't hide down there with her, he has promised to defend the wall and that's what he'll do---because that's what men do. He takes a chance and kisses Gilly, promising her he won't die.

Sam goes to post, and bolsters the courage of a new recruit who is terrified. The new Crow wonders if he is afraid, Sam tells him of course he is. The Crow wonders how he managed to kill a White Walker then, and Sam tells him he didn't know, he had to do something. He wasn't Sam of the Night Watch, he was nothing at all and when you're nothing at all there's no reason to be afraid. The Crow says, you're afraid now, and Sam replies--I'm not nothing anymore. (What one little kiss will do for you)!

Ygritte has been spying from her side of the wall, and goes back to report.

A battle cry sounds forth--Let's kill some Crows!

A horn sounds, and the Wildlings are on the move. They come in a monstrous mass of men, giants, and mammoths from the north.

Ygritte's party attacks from the south.

Thorne gives a pep talk from the top of the Wall. How the Night's Watch has defended the wall for thousands of years successfully, and tonight will be no different.

The battle is on. Ygritte's party quickly engages with those left below, Mance sends his giants and mammoths from his side to force the gate, and some of his men to scale the wall using spiked hammers.

The best part of the early portions of the battle were watching the giants and mammoths. Those giants have pretty powerful arms, and blasted arrows up to the very top of the wall, carrying the Crows away with the mighty force of their draw. Wow!

Thorne goes below to aid in the defense of the gate leaving the incompetent Slynt in charge, but he is soon called below, too, leaving Jon in command. Slynt, however, is looking out for his own neck, and heads to the same store room where Sam left Gilly.

Jon sends 5 men to hold the inner gate, the outer one won't hold.

Thorne has a well-matched sword fight with Tormund (who knew this Wildling could do the fancy foot work!) But Thorne is thrown over the side of the cat walk.

Sam's new friend finds his courage, kills a Wildling, but is in turn killed.

Jon turns over the command at the top of the wall and heads below to help out where he is needed most.
A giant has breached the outer gate, and is heading for the inner one. The 5 defenders recite their oath to the Night Watch and prepare to give it their all as the giant charges for them.

Sam frees Ghost, Jon has reached the action, and immediately encounters the cannibalistic Styr. Styr towers over him, and has inhuman strength. Jon fights valiantly, quickly, and well, but loses his weapon, is shoved against a wall, and about ready to be killed, when he reaches behind him, finds a big sledge hammer and drives it through the top of Styr's skull. He turns to find Ygritte with an arrow aimed at him. Jon smiles and gazes lovingly at her....and then an arrow breaks through her chest, fired by the boy whose village was destroyed by her gang. Jon rushes to her side, cradles her gently as the fighting continues around them. She dies in his arms, her parting words--you know nothing, Jon Snow.

From the top of the wall, the Wildlings are getting closer and closer. A huge scythe is released by the Night Watch that swings down over the wall of ice chopping and dropping everyone who is left clinging to it. (Pretty spectacular).

Tormund remains the last of Ygritte's band of Wildlings still fighting. He is overpowered and taken into custody for questioning. Sam goes to check on Gilly, and finds out that she has taken care of Slynt. (!)

The Battle is over for now. Jon and Sam are talking. Jon tells Sam that Mance was just testing their defenses, he has many more men, giants and mammoths. He almost did it. Sam asks Jon where he is going. Jon replies--to find Mance. Without Mance, they lose their leader, they will split and go their separate ways. Sam--you're going to kill him? Jon--I'm going to try. Sam tries to persuade Jon that it is a bad idea. They will boil him, flay him, make it last for days and Jon agrees. Jon says, it's a plan...what's your plan?

They head for the gate. Jon hands Sam his weapons and tells him to raise the gate. He squares his shoulders and sets off, alone, to find Mance.

Jon sends 5 men to hold the inner gate, the outer one won't hold.

Thorne has a well-matched sword fight with Thoros (who knew this Wildling could do the fancy foot work!) But Thorne is thrown over the side of the cat walk.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 11:38:37 PM by ponytail »

amor05

Re: The Watchers on the Wall
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 05:25:54 AM »
Hi,
 For the Great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you.very well information you write it very clean. I’m very lucky to get this information from you .

Game of thrones season 3 online
Game Of Thrones Season 6 Streaming free for PC mobile
release Latest Game Of Thrones 6 Hall of Faces

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal