Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Week 11 paragraph contest  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
Week 11 paragraph contest
« on: July 12, 2014, 02:42:59 PM »
Who will be the winner of week 10?  Does anyone care to guess?
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
Re: Week 11 paragraph contest
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 08:19:47 AM »
Despite rigorous competition from that weird bearded person, the obvious and deserving winner for week ten is...

PONYTAIL!

Congratulations Ponytail!
Please post the starting sentence for week eleven.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 12:55:12 AM »
Since Ponytail is away with her grandchildren I will put up a sentence for her.

"She was visibly shaking as she walked up to the witness stand."
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 05:34:00 PM »
She was visibly shaking as she walked up to the witness stand. Four years of college and 3 years of law school.  Today she would cross examine the witness!  And what a witness to start with!  Mrs Van Patterson had been kept safe for the last 22 months in a witness protection program and today would be the first time she had seen her Father in Law since the murder. The questions she was going to ask her could be the turning point in this trial and would most likely make or break her career in law.
Here's to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2014, 10:24:39 PM »
She was visibly shaking as she walked up to the witness stand. The bailiff warned her on her mortal soul to tell the truth. Ann shivered. She wasn't sure even twenty years later whether it was the cold winter wind or the cold hand of fear that made her shake so. The Crowner had to repeat the question twice before her frightened mind cleared enough to hear him. "I asked you, was your son, John, home ALL night or no?" Ann tried to be brave, "Yes!" she lied. "He was home with me all night. He couldn't possibly have left as I was ill and needed tending all night long." The Crowner frowned, "I trust you have recovered from your malady, my lady." he growled. "I must say I don't feel at all well, my lord Crowner." she replied. "Very well then," said The Crowner, "you may go." he waved the peasant woman down and called for a recess. When the he and the adjudicator reentered it was to return a verdict of innocent.  Ann sighed in relief. John may not have been home all night, but she knew in her heart he could never have done it. Kill the king's deer perhaps, were not they all starving thanks to the king's new taxes? But murder the gamekeeper? She could never believe it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal