Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: week 14 contest  (Read 1288 times)

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
week 14 contest
« on: August 02, 2014, 01:48:02 AM »
Congratulations to the winner of week 13.  Merry Prankster will soon tell us who that person is.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
Re: week 14 contest
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 11:16:33 PM »
I have read each submission twice and, as usual, each is excellent so my decision will be entirely subjective.   Outlast, you are the winner!  Your Caleb/Amber paragraph tickled me.  Congratulations!  Please provide this week's sentence.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 04:36:16 PM by Merry Prankster »

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 07:57:50 AM »
Thanks MP. Always happy to to provide a good tickle. :043:

And the new sentence for week 14 is...

Living in a fairy tale isn't as magical as you might think...

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 08:05:47 PM »
Living in a fairy tale isn't as magical as you might think. There was so much hard work to be done to keep the "kingdom" going. Kelly grew up thinking she would meet her Prince Charming and live happily ever after but her Prince turned out to be a toad! She would never admit her mother had been right about him though. Kelly vowed to never let anyone know that she was still a virgin and she and Kent slept separately. Tomorrow she had to tell Cook what the weekly menu would be and work with the gardener to decide what flowers to plant on the west side of the estate. The church ladies were coming for tea at two and everything had to be perfect or Kent would be angry again. She leaned over and turned out the light on her nightstand.
Here's to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 06:06:58 PM »
The Prankster apologizes for the length but the starter sentence stimulated his hyperactive imagination.

Living in a fairy tale isn’t as magical as you might think.  I should know.  The name’s Grimm, Jake Grimm.  I carry a badge. Along with my brother Will, I’m the law in The Emerald City and the Land of Oz.  It was a sunny, clear Monday in The Emerald City except for the smoky remnants of the latest sky-written message from the Wicked Witch of the West (Westy).  At 10:03 AM Westy flew into the station and landed in front of my desk.  I asked her why her skin had turned from green to blue.  She claimed to have been caught up in the Polar Vortex during a shakedown flight on her new, FAA-compliant broomstick.  Having been trained to be polite to the public, I poured Westy a cup of steaming hot Maxwell House Coffee*.   She wanted to file a stolen property report so I asked for “just the facts, Westy.”  Ignoring my request, Westy launched into a long-winded tale involving a flying house, a girl with a picnic basket  and her little dog Toto from someplace called Kansas, a pair of electrified ruby slippers, a chorus line of singing and dancing munchkins, a cowardly lion who sang, danced and walked on two legs….you get the picture.  When Westy finished I persuaded her to hold off on taking the law into her own hands and calling on her flying monkeys by promising to forward the report to the Wizard for immediate action.  I know it was a snow job but those monkeys are hard to apprehend so what was I supposed to do?  Speaking of snow, I no sooner got rid of Westy than Snow White burst into the station wailing and sobbing about her philandering husband, Prince Charming.  She told me Cinderella was his latest paramour and Snow wanted me to arrest Cindy.  I felt like saying, “What did you expect?  When the shoe fits…..” but, as a public servant I thought better of it.  So, once again I reminded her that adultery had been abolished as a crime since the lady, now old, who lived in a shoe had cut her swath through the Oz legislature.   Then I suggested Snow seek solace from the huntsman instead of those randy dwarves who dig her.  Finally it was time for lunch.  In the middle of our break Will and I received a call to go out and arrest Billy Goat Gruff for trollslaughter, a misdemeanor in Oz and his third of the year.  I suffered two cracked ribs when Billy butted me during the arrest but Will and I managed to leash him and take him down to the station for booking.  All in all, it was just another day in Oz.  Life in Oz isn’t a bowl of cherries but it could be worse; I used to be the Sherriff of Never Never Land.  Someday Will and I should write a book.

*If anyone can explain the reference the Prankster will be very impressed.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 07:00:37 PM »
Living in a fairy tale isn't as magical as you might think.  Cinderella thought she had it made when the prince married her and took her away from that wicked step-mother, those ugly step-sisters, and especially those rats who were her only friends.  They just didn't know how much she detested those rats but she had to be nice to them or otherwise she would have nobody or nothing.  Now she had this good-looking but lazy and spoiled husband and those interfering in-laws. Christine and Frank,  to put up with.  They kept urging her to have them a grandson but she didn't dare tell them that their only son, Frankie,  wasn't interested in women.  She had also been given the responsibility to keep the household running smoothly and it was a job keeping all the servants in line.  On the upside there was that handsome groundskeeper, Donny, that she had been sneaking around with.  Maybe life wasn't going to be so bad after all.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 12:34:53 PM by Snowbird »
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 10:45:17 PM »
*accessorizes with tiara snatched off Trouble's head*

:king:

Living in a fairy tale isn't as magical as you might think... for starters nobody can hide who they are. If you're beautiful then everyone knows you're good and kind and when you're ugly everyone knows you're wicked and twisted inside too. I never wanted to be a wicked step-sister! I had dreams too you know! But nooo from childhood I've been labeled as bad just because of how I look and is it any wonder I starting living up to my crooked face? I started out small; feeding those irritating singing mice to my cat. By the time I was sixteen I'd already moved on to tormenting my oh so sainted step-sister by shoving her into the ashes and cinders. When that wasn't fun anymore I moved on, finding other Uglies like me so that I could learn better ways to amuse myself and I learned plenty! At last, my journal contains a lot more than teen-age angst and revenge plots. I've collected dozens of spells now from poisons to shape shifters and with my new found glamour spell I've managed to seduce a king and make my own happy ending. Thank you very much. Now if I could just do something about that annoyingly perky daughter of his...
 -sneaky-

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal