Non- Reality > Non Reality

Doctor Who - BBC America

(1/13) > >>

Outlast:
This is probably yet another show that only I'm watching in our group. But I love Doctor Who! So darn it, I'm starting a Who thread, even if I end up posting to myself most of the time.
 :043:

If you don't know about Who - Doctor Who is the longest running sci-fi show in history. It was first broadcast in 1963 and it's still going (despite two hiatus' between 1989 - 1996 and 1996 - 2005). The lead in the show is The Doctor who is a time traveler from the planet Gallifrey. As of the latest series he's well over 1,000 years old. Over the last 50 years The Doctor has been played by 13 different actors (including the newest Doctor Peter Capaldi who takes over the lead in 9 days). The Doctor's time machine is his Tardis which stands for 'Time And Relative Dimension In Space'.

The Doctor is rarely without a companion, usually a human female.

When talking to a Whovian (a Doctor Who fan) it is advisable to use words like 'Bad Wolf' or 'sonic screwdriver' if you want them to believe you know what you're talking about and to dress in cool clothes like a fez and bow-tie or even better an amusingly long scarf.

That's the basics anyway. Now all you have to do is watch 50 years worth of episodes to catch up before the new series premieres on Aug. 23rd. :043: 

trouble405:
well I was a faithful watcher when Tom Baker was the doctor!  I watch once in a while

Outlast:
Last nights episode (which I watched this morning) was awesome. I only wish the Doctor had let the female soldier come with him. I already like the new guy, Danny Pink. It will be nice to have a human companion once again. And I can't wait for next weeks episode with RobinHood!  :great:

Outlast:
Set your DVR's for a Whovian Christmas special coming to us on Christmas Day on BBC America! :a035:

LindaM:
Already programmed the television to turn it on tomorrow night.  I do love DirecTv.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version