Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Doctor Who - BBC America  (Read 12428 times)

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
Re: Doctor Who - BBC America
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2015, 12:13:26 AM »
Spoilers for 'The Girl Who Died' & 'The Woman Who Lived'

The second half of the viking two parter was a bit slow and repetitive for me, but I did love the last ten minutes. I do think it would've been nice if the doctor had shown up when she was only eighty or so (instead of 800) after her family/friends had all died and took her with him on a few adventures. But like I said I loved the ending they went with (she's in the 'selfie'!). I wonder if Swifty is still with her?

Not super excited about next week. I'm not a big fan of Zygons unless they're impersonating Elizabeth I.

Oh and Linda you might be interested to know that there was a Captain Jack mention tonight. It's possible they might be planning to bring him back.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2015, 08:55:49 PM »
Saw much of last nights and did a google search because I heard that he was leaving.  This Doctor will do at least one more year.  I'll see what Barrowman is posting.  Haven't checked in a while but he's getting long in the tooth to be our Captain Jack.  They've hurt that franchise with season 4 which shall not be names.

The Viking was better than some last year.  Do like the guitar playing one.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2015, 09:28:24 PM »
The Viking was better than some last year.  Do like the guitar playing one.
Yeah, I thought Capaldi was pretty cute, but with the guitar... even cuter! :great:

I hope he isn't leaving soon. I like him.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2015, 08:18:23 AM »
I hear BBC is in a panic mode.  Ratings for Doctor Who are down and they don't know who to blame -- Moffat or Cap.  Now with Jenny's departure (although she's moving on to play Queen Victoria), they're really worried.  That's one reason I bet River Song is coming back.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2015, 08:10:20 PM »
I listened to a podcast recently that said the ratings drop was due to BBC moving Doctor Who to a later less family friendly hour where it's against much stiffer competition. Sounds like the crap sci-fi pulled with my Stargate at the end. Shifting it around to the worst night they could find and then moving it again as soon as you got used to the new time slot. No wonder the ratings slipped even though the show was getting better and better... Right up until it was cancelled.
  :33:

As for the last episode.meh. I don't like the whole found footage genre and I don't think the episode was done well. Easily the worst of the season to me.
 ???

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2015, 08:21:57 AM »
Good, I won't watch it this week then.  And Clara's death is either this week or next.  First time an assistant has been killed since the old series.  Colin Baker's reign I think.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2015, 12:33:46 PM »
Good, I won't watch it this week then.  And Clara's death is either this week or next.  First time an assistant has been killed since the old series.  Colin Baker's reign I think.
Death? Are you sure. I'm not sure I knew that. I just remember that she's leaving.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2015, 01:41:25 PM »
Whoops -- maybe I shouldn't have said that.  I got wind of it from a friend in London who said it's all over the news there.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2015, 11:04:46 PM »
Well it seems you were right LM. Clara is dead. The episode (Face the Ravin) was pretty good really, though what the heck is going on I don't know. I can't wait for next week!

Also I caught the end of Lion, Witch and Wardrobe (the newer one) earlier (that ending is hard to resist) and I starting thinking about Narnia movies and how they never finish them and who would they cast if they'd kept going this time... Don't you think Peter Capaldi would make a good Puddleglum? It would be quite fitting to cast another Doctor in the role don't you think and sometimes when I listen to Capaldi I can almost hear a certain cadence that reminds me of Tom Baker.

Rebecca Mader might make a good White Witch/Jadis or possibly The Green Lady from Silver Chair?

Sorry babbling. But I know you love Narnia too so I didn't think you'd mind.   :57:

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2015, 09:49:04 AM »
 :c029:  WOW  :c029:

Heaven Sent ...it was strange and repetitive in places but my initial reaction is that it may be a masterpiece. It's certainly going to mark a very important moment in Doctor Who given the ending. I don't know if this is going to be a popular episode or not. I know I like it. But I've always loved TNGs 'Cause and Effect' so maybe I just love timey whimey stuff.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2015, 05:15:04 PM »
I'll catch it later.  I missed Saturday because I fell asleep on the couch with the dog beside me. 

Regarding Narnia... I've often wondered how they would do the final book.  Regarding casting of Puddleglum, I agree.  More later.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2015, 10:34:20 AM »
I utterly refuse to spoil one moment of that finale!.   :whoo:

Can't wait for Christmas!  :86:

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2015, 10:48:51 PM »
I enjoyed the Christmas special. Capaldi and River have great chemistry. If I have any nits to pick it was that River seems far too aware that this is the last time she'll be with The Doctor and she is upset, but when you re-watch Silence in the Library (one of the best on all of Who imo; even better than I remembered), which is supposed to directly follow this special in River's backwards timeline; she is clearly surprised that The Doctor doesn't know her and seems to have completely forgotten that she knew (in the Christmas special) that this was coming. I'll have to re-watch the special soon as well and see if my impression changes.

I did love that they brought in him giving her his sonic and the singing towors and all that stuff that ties directly back to Silence. Beautiful.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2015, 07:41:15 AM »
Waited on the special because I knew I would cry.  Will watch it soon.  From what I know, the time with Doctor Who is always backward.  Did he know during "The Shakespeare Code" he was married to Elizabeth.  No, we found that out in the 50th anniversary show. 

I just can't seem to warm up to Capaldi.  He's good in some episodes but not in others.  He's more like the William Hartnell Doctor than any of the others.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2016, 09:12:28 PM »
If anyone else is interested PBS has started playing old Doctor Who's on Saturday nights again!!!! -Dancekick-

Tom Baker  kiss1

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal