Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Doctor Who - BBC America  (Read 12212 times)

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
Re: Doctor Who - BBC America
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2017, 12:15:56 PM »
And we have the new Doctor Who -- David Tennant's coat, Matt's suspender pants.

http://tvline.com/2017/11/09/doctor-who-jodie-whittaker-season-11-new-first-look-photo/

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2018, 03:21:30 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/DoctorWho/videos/2256875947659753/?t=0

Hope you can view this.  New Doctor opening (I think).

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2018, 12:03:07 PM »
BBCA is doing a Dr. Who marathon.  Just announced new episode will be simulcasted on October 7 at 1:45 PM.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2018, 11:35:13 AM »
Did anyone else watch the restored Shada? I loved it! From dr. Chronotis to the unexpected ending...it was wonderful!

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2018, 09:18:12 AM »
Didn't see Shada but did see the new episode on Sunday.  Have to admit, I was surprised by the new Doctor.  She's good -- a mixture of Tom Bakker, David Tennant.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2018, 06:52:46 PM »
About the NEW episode...Tastes may very but I thought the episode was too dark visually. The monster was fine, but nothing special. I’m not crazy about a female doctor or her accent (I miss the Scottish one already). I did love the older couple and I admit to crying when they killed Grace off. The guy who can’t ride a bike annoyed me some of the time, I did like the lady policeman and I love that Graham is going along for the ride too. So happy to have at least one companion over 40. I also liked the cliff hanger ending because it reminded me of the old series frequent cliff hanger endings.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2018, 07:41:57 AM »
Okay - second episode saw sun and a new villain.  Not sure how I like the "mummy wraps" (as I call them), but the episode was very good.  Jodie is playing it as a cross between Baker, Davidson and Tennant which I like.  The companions are doing well and the conflict between stepfather and son is interesting.  Of course, we all know where this is headed.  I think I'll warm up to the new TARDIS.  I find it better than Matt's.  Since I didn't watch incarnate 4, I don't remember his TARDIS at all.  I love the opening.  It reminded me to the "Key of Time" sequence they used for Baker.  I expected to see Baker's head appear any moment.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2018, 05:43:47 PM »
I liked the second episode better. The new credit sequence is great. The story was definitely more fun. Still don’t like the new she doctor. Still think the kid with the ladder problem is annoying. Still love Graham. Don’t like the new tardis interior either...too dark again.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2018, 09:38:46 PM »
I haven't given up on it up to now and this week ....I'm glad that I didn't because Kerblam! was an actual fun episode. The evil robots turn out not to be evil. The obvious villainous white guy turned out to be innocent (but behaving very stupidly for an innocent person) and the real villain turned out to be ...the friendly guy! Ooh shades of Phyllis Whitney there.

One sad note is I was very sad that they killed off the family man and the one annoying note is Ryan's continuing insistence that he has a balance problem...its just not an interesting character quirk and we've heard the same speech every other episode. As always and forever...I love Graham. Just a well acted and well written character and whoever is writing for Ryan should take note.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2018, 12:14:04 PM »
I thought the Rosa episode and this one were the best so far.  This Doctor is good.  She's just got too many companions.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2020, 08:53:11 PM »
Jody is still flailing as The Doctor imo. The writing has been generally bad too.

For instance almost everyone in that last episode (Orphan 55) was a card carrying moron. As for the message they were laying it on with a trowel and it still didn’t move me. Bomb girl especially I hated. So her mom abandons her and her response is that she going to murder dozens of people to get back at her? Was I supposed to root for her emotional health? I just wanted those ridiculous rubber monsters to tear her limb from limb after watching her set bombs all around the place.

I still like Graham simply because he continues to be good.  :clap:

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2020, 01:16:26 PM »
Because of the real world, I haven't seen an episode yet.  The preview for Skyfall looked good though.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2020, 06:30:29 PM »
If this new doctor is supposed to be pre-Hartnell then she shouldn’t have a police box at all. The first doctor stole the tardis and took it to earth circa 1960s London where he made his tardis look like a police box, only the have the chameleon circuit get stuck. The new head writer is awful on every conceivable level.

On the bright side I enjoyed the Tesla episode. Granted that was because of Tesla and Edison and nothing to do with the current ‘team’ Tardis. Even Graham has been boring lately and he was the one bright spot in series eleven.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2020, 07:08:01 PM »
While I have pretty much despised the majority of this era of DW I did quite enjoy the last episode with Byron and the Shelleys. It was fun, held my attention throughout and I thought the Lone Cyberman was a suitably scary and interesting villain.

It’s just nice to have something positive to post about a science fiction show for once.  :57:

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2020, 03:26:31 PM »
I hear the two part finale is supposed to be great.  I'm waiting for it to become available as a DVD to watch any of it. 

Oh, I liked Eccleston and Tennant.  Tolerated Matt as soon as he lost Amy Pond.  Forget the next Doctor.  This one is okay.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal