Open Floor > Weekly Contest

Weekly Paragraph contest

(1/3) > >>

Snowbird:
We haven't had our paragraph contest for a couple of weeks.  Before we begin, I want to set some new guidelines. 
1. The contest will begin no later than Monday at noon EST.   However if the winner gets the sentence up sooner, anyone can go ahead and post their paragraph.

2. The contest ends on Saturday at noon EST.  The winner should be declared at that time and notified.  However if you are the one who picks the winner and will not be here on Saturday, please notify me so we can extend the contest or have someone else choose the winner.

3. If you have an entry posted try your best to check to see if you win.  However, if you know you will not be here from Saturday till Monday at noon, please message me so if you are the winner I can put your sentence up for you.

4. The winner should be notified by personal message and an announcement made in the shout.

5.  I will no longer make a new topic for each week.  We will just continue the contest on this topic.

These guidelines should help our contest run more smoothly.  I hope you all will continue to participate.

NOTE:  WE ARE GOING TO TRY SOMETHING NEW.  INSTEAD OF A STARTED SENTENCE, WE WILL PUT UP A SENTENCE TO END YOUR PARAGRAPH.   Remember, no other sentence should come after this last sentence.

The first ending sentence is - "I will never leave home without my underwear on again."

ponytail:
Got to work, and wouldn't you know---UPS dropped off a huge delivery of teddy bears, packed in giant boxes. I tackled them right away, smoothly fishing them out and setting them up in the giant display. Teddies of all sizes, kinds, and colors one after another in neat rows, stared at me as I continued my work. One, two, three boxes unpacked, disassembled and ready to be recycled. I wiped my sweaty brow and tackled the last one, wading through packing material, making sure I hadn't missed one of the precious little things. Finally, the last one came out. I turned to place it with it's mates on the shelf when I suddenly lost my footing and fell head first into the final box. Wedged I was...no wiggle room to speak of...I flailed my legs, tried to tip side to side...nothing worked. No one heard my muffled cries over the sounds of 'Jingle Bells". Ten minutes until they opened the doors for the biggest toy sale of the year...and I was about to be exposed in more ways than one to dozens of holiday shoppers--I will never leave home without my underwear on again.

Outlast:
^^^
too funny ponytail!  -rollinglaugh-

I wrenched the steering wheel to the left, hoping somehow to stop the skid, but up here in the arctic circle the ice is treacherous even at the best of times and in January ...it could be fatal. In a second's eternity my beautiful blue finally paid off corolla slammed about four feet deep into a snow bank. I wasn't hurt thanks to the airbag, my seat belt and the mercifully soft powdered snow, but I was stuck fast and royally screwed because I had failed to pack the one thing every Alaskan knows they need to have in their car at all times. Warm clothing. I had a good eiderdown coat to be sure, but the rest of my clothes were more suited to the wedding I'd just attended then to trekking ten miles across the frozen tundra of Alaska. In heels. What I wouldn't give to have my long underwear on! Or some decent cell phone reception! I felt like kicking someone. The trouble was I was the only someone available. So instead I wrapped my coat around my little black dress as tightly as I could and started my long frozen walk back to Juneau and trust me...I will never leave home without my underwear on again.

Snowbird:
Just writing on for the fun.   Here goes.

Moving to town from the suburbs had been a decision I had never regretted until the day I rushed out of the house and forgot something very important.  It was my custom to take an early morning walk each day which was so much better now that I had sidewalks instead of the usually overgrown grass by the side of my former winding road for walking.  That morning I received a phone call from my bird-brained sister-in-law who could have a conversation with a light pole since she rattled on without stopping to give the other person time to say 'excuse me, I have to go'.  When I finally got off the phone I knew I had to hurry and dress for my walk so I would get back in time to change for work.  I slipped on my walking shorts and a tank top since the temperature was already climbing toward 90 degrees.  As I was approaching the court house where all the old men gathered in the morning to sit on the lawn and gossip, I met Mrs. Snodgrass walking her all too friendly German Sheppard.  As we passed he turned around and took the end of my shorts in his mouth thinking he was going to get a game of tug of war out of me.  I was horrified as I felt my shorts being pulled down to my knees and felt the warm air on my naked behind while the laughter screamed at me from the court house lawn.  Then I knew I had forgotten to put on something very important.  I will never leave my home without my underwear again.

Merry Prankster:
The invention of the zipper was truly a stroke of genius.  Most men experience its benefits several times each day.  These benefits, however, are accompanied by certain perils.  I will never leave home without my underwear on again. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version