Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: 2015 -- New Paragraph Contest!!  (Read 2077 times)

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
2015 -- New Paragraph Contest!!
« on: January 03, 2015, 04:52:56 PM »
Here we go -- Let's all get our writing brains working again!!  :72:

She had just put away the last of the holiday decorations and was about to make a little dinner when there was a startling knock at the door breaking the silence. 
Here's to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: 2015 -- New Paragraph Contest!!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 05:41:29 PM »

She had just put away the last of the holiday decorations and was about to make a little dinner when there was a startling knock at the door breaking the silence.  A bedraggled gentleman with scuffed boots, ripped trousers, matted hair and crumbs in his beard stood on her doorstep. He said, "Sorry to bother you ma'am, but I am missing one of my pets. Do you care if I search your backyard? I'm really getting worried about him, and I'm afraid if I don't find him soon, it will be too late..." They proceeded to her backyard and began the search. There, behind the tool shed, was a pile of sparkly snow, some broken bits of red glass, and a hoofprint. A little further on, they found him...poor Rudolph! He was looking as bedraggled as his master, and no wonder--it looked like it had been a rough night for him as well. He'd thrown up a bushel of carrots.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 10:12:09 PM »
Haha!  LOVE IT PONYTAIL!
How can I outdo that?
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 11:49:34 PM »
She had just put away the last of the holiday decorations and was about to make a little dinner when there was a startling knock at the door breaking the silence.
Now, who in the world could this be, she thought, as she dragged her tired old body to peek out the window.
Oh no...it was ....THE POLICE!!! She had been expecting them all day, so.....
Should she answer the door or pretend that she was not at home?
Frantically, her mind raced ....
She had awakened to find "him" in another foul mood. She had gone to bed alone again, and assumed he had staggered in sometime near dawn.
Maybe if she just ignored him , he'd fall asleep...but, no he kept nagging and nagging at her.
Her mind grew foggy about what happened next...but, she did remember taking the leg of lamb out of the freezer.
That's about the last thing she was sure of since it all happened so fast.
He was sitting down...eating the huge breakfast she had been ordered to make...when she felt something in her ...snap.
Next thing she remembered, here he was...all bloodied lying on the kitchen floor...the leg of lamb in her freezing hands.
She dragged his lifeless body out of the house, and just knew it would be found.... but, she felt absolutely no remorse. He deserved his fate.
Now, here she was, alone and afraid as she opened up the door to two uniformed officers who definitely wanted to search her house for evidence...a weapon!
Well....she would let them look. She had nothing to hide.
The leg of lamb...was in the oven and she was just sitting down alone. Who would cook such a huge meal if they didn't expect their husband home for dinner?
Oh.... how awful they felt for this poor woman as she carried on...(her drama teacher would have been so proud).
She would compose herself and ....yes, she knew......she'd invite them for dinner.
Two lovely officers dined on ....yup, the " frozen" leg of lamb that had finally ended her misery!!   :72:

( Sorry I got carried away... this is so long)

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 12:03:20 PM »
y'all are cracking me up!!! 

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 04:17:41 PM »
That's a great tale, bacali!  It's my kind of story.  The officers ate the evidence!   :85:
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 04:34:20 PM »
She had just put away the last of the holiday decorations and was about to make a little dinner when there was a startling knock at the door breaking the silence.  It surprised her to find a bent over old man with a walking stick as the knocking had sounded so strong.  She asked him if she could help him and he told her he was just tired from his long journey and would like to just lie down a while.  She asked if she could call anyone, family, friend, an ambulance.  "Don't worry," he said.  "I want be here long.  Just a little rest is all I need and I'll be on my way."  She showed him to her guest room and pulled out the afghan she had received for Christmas from her mother, placed it over him, and went back to the kitchen to finish up.  She looked in on him again when the meal was ready but seeing that he was sleeping soundly she left him alone.  After dinner she sat down to watch television and fell asleep to awaken to the sounds of fire crackers outside and to see the ball drop on television.  That is when she remembered the old man.  She jumped up and went into the room expecting to find him but instead all there was to find was a note saying "Happy New Year.  I hope you treat the New Year as kindly as you did me."

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, 01:51:14 PM »
She had just put away the last of the holiday decorations and was about to make a little dinner when there was a startling knock at the door breaking the silence. She sighed, hoping it wasn't her nosy next door neighbor asking her why her husband was always late or why she let her daughter wear a skirt like that to church... but when she opened the door it wasn't the neighborhood busybody after all. "Ma'am," a tall good looking man wearing a trench coat, a fedora and dark sunglasses (on a cloudy day) stood there instead, tipping his hat to her and calling her, Ma'am. What on earth could he want? I wondered. Perhaps sensing my bewilderment the man made his intentions known, "Ma'am, I represent the Cull country planning board and I'm here to talk to you about your decorations." I asked him to explain, "A neighbor called us and informed us that you had removed the holiday lights from the exterior of your domicile..." he paused, adding dramatically, "I'm afraid you'll have to put them back up, Ma'am. It's a matter of national security..."

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 03:26:39 PM »
AND THE WINNER OF THE FIRST PARAGRAPH CONTEST IN 2015 IS . . . . . . .

PONYTAIL!!!

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 08:54:40 PM »
 :clap: God job, ponytail.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal