Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Grace Point  (Read 744 times)

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
Grace Point
« on: October 21, 2014, 06:35:52 PM »
The Prankster seems to enjoy  shows no one else does.  So consider the source of this recommendation.

The body of a twelve year old local boy is found on a stretch of deserted beach in the small, isolated Northwest Pacific coast town of Grace Point.  As the murder investigation commences, Grace Point seems to harbor more secrets than residents.  The secrets revealed thus far hint at deeper, darker things to come and suspects abound.  Throw in an acerbic lead detective who is an outsider with secrets of his own, a nosy, ambitious big-city reporter and a psychic who seems to know things he should not and one has a concoction of a murder mystery the Prankster enjoys watching.  Whodunit?  If you want to join the investigation tune in to Fox on Thursdays at 9 PM.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 06:38:41 PM by Merry Prankster »

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Grace Point
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 07:30:17 PM »
This show sounds very good. Are they very far into the espisodes?

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 08:11:22 PM »
Hmmmm....sounds intriguing!

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 09:44:55 PM »
As I understand it Gracepoint is a sort of American re-vision of the UK series 'Broadchurch' (which I loved), so I'm DVR'ing it, but I haven't watched it yet. I believe the crime and general cast of suspects is the same, so I wonder if the killer will be the same as well? If so I have to wonder what the point of the show is. Wouldn't it have been simpler just to air Broadchurch?

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 10:56:27 PM »
To address the comments in reverse chronological order:

Outie, you are correct.  Gracepoint (one word, MP's bad) is an adaptation of the UK series Broadchurch with the same creator/writer and the same lead actor (minus the British accent).  One reviewer I read (who thought Broadchurch to be far superior) said the first 7 episodes of Gracepoint track the plot of Broadchurch but it diverges in the last 3 episodes and the murderer is not the same.  Some viewer reviews I read were mixed--some liked it as much as BC and some thought BC was better.  There you go.

Bacali---This Thursday will be episode four of ten.  If you want to catch up, I"m sure you can go to Fox.com to stream the first three episodes or to read episode summaries.  I would recommend you do so if you are interested in watching the series.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal