Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Final thoughts  (Read 1199 times)

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Final thoughts
« on: February 23, 2014, 09:50:57 PM »
Right now I am watching the closing ceremony to the Sochi games.
They are showing a beautiful group of young Russian athletes and a Russian young people's choir performing.
From outward appearances... if I didn't know.. I think they look like we do ... Americans...and , as Court would say ... Canadians. Just absolutely young beautiful people....loving their lives and country.
But, they are ...Russians.!.. (now don't judge this comment...before you read further....)
I look at  them and think... do they hate Americans ? Do these young beautiful , fresh faces hate me..or my beautiful family and yours?
Absolutely...NOT!
BUT, for how long??? Because....
As I watched I thought... IF the leaders of Russia decided to ...God forbid...go to war against the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, or CANADA... the whole No. Am. continent... .
These young faces would be donning uniforms and guns and trying to KILL....us. My two sons and yours and our grandsons....and now daughters.

If there is any thing at all to pray for ,  our children and now our Grandchildren..  .it's  what we have been saying in prayers long before we understood..what it really meant as children being ... "poll-parrots"
Pray...for World Peace!
Maybe God will finally listen...
No one...no matter what country they are born into,... is born hating... they evolve ...into this hate.
Please... let's pray...for our children, grandchildren and all of theirs to one day find that this is possible...Peace!

Sorry...for going on and on...but, this is what struck me as I'm watching the end of the 2014 Winter Olympics...and it's not the amount of medals won by the different countries.
I just am so thankful that there was no terrorist attack and am sad that most of these prior terrorist threats diminished our excitement of these wonderful accomplishments achieved by anyone who made it over there to Russia.

I also thought about these young faces and ..wondered whether they realized amongst all this festival feeling...how  they are so repressed and don't ever have the opportunities for freedom that we have .
They have no idea what absolute FREEDOM means...or do..but, what do they do about it?
This , honestly, is what I think as I watch Russia putting on this big show for the world. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal