Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: American Odyssey  (Read 1596 times)

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
American Odyssey
« on: April 25, 2015, 05:27:14 PM »
Is anyone else watching American Odyssey ...on Sunday nights ?
I am enjoying the show...except for the subtitles which they don't leave on the screen long enough.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: American Odyssey
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 10:04:48 PM »
What's it about, bacali? I know nothing about it, I guess!

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 11:55:27 PM »
It starts out with an American military troop in Africa...
A female officer sees a correspondence that shows that an Am. firm is sending money supporting terrorisn... there.
Then, all of a sudden...a bombing.. ( by a drone)..which they don't know it's a drone.... and this troop is dispersed... and in hiding from some African/Am "soldier" whom they showed at the beginning ... and we thought was American.

Long story/short... this guy is out to kill these Americans...not to help them... because... they know about this firm sending money....
No one can be trusted.

Now, the show gets it's name from the American female soldier's trip to get home.
America...and her family have been told repeatedly that she is dead along with all the other members of her troop. But, she isn't.
When the drone attacks, and the African/Am guy attacks the soldiers...who were still alive ...this woman soldier is still alive... feigning being dead and ....she now is fighting to ....go home. This show is her odyssey....to get there.

It's in a few wks  , but, I'm sure you can get it,  "On Demand"  It's on NBC. Sunday nights.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 05:46:55 PM »
No one other than me seems to be watching this show "American Odyssey" on on Sunday nights, so I won't go into it all with the finale last Sunday....except....to say....

At times, I had a hard time following the show. When they were in the desert or Syria , they spoke that language and it was hard to read the sub-titles.
I had to watch off my tape so I could rewind half the time to see what they had said.
But, I was determined to finish it out and finish I did.

Then Sunday night, Odette was finally going to meet with her family coming to Spain. She was confronted by the top military man( An American ) who had been in with the Am. company funding terriorsts in the Middle East.
He told her that if she told her story to the papers, they would label her a traitor and her family wouldn't be safe.
We didn't know what she would do.
So, her family comes down the stairs in Spain and we see Odette coming through the crowd and finally...."The Reunion" I've been waiting for. ......only, ....she says to her daughter and husband.... I can't stay....they are after me.
With that said, we see the military jumping out of their cars....and she cries "good-bye" as she dashes off again through the crowd.
Next we see....Dulles Airport... Washington DC. People are in line to get their passports stamped and we see a blonde woman...hand in a passport. It's stamped...and she heads off into the crowd... camera on her face...it's Odette now as a blonde.
I said to myself....OH NO !! Her American Odyssey is not over. Will this be coming back on for Season 2  ???

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 08:10:14 PM »
They've got you hooked now for another season! Hope it's a good one. Unlike me and Under the Dome-- where I will watch just to see how it all works out, not because it is a great plot with great charactersl.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 08:45:10 PM »
I guess they do.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal