Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Under the Dome: Season 3  (Read 1579 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Under the Dome: Season 3
« on: June 26, 2015, 10:55:02 PM »
Anybody still watching this show? I watched the premiere 2 hour episode last night and was way way underwhelmed. This show should have run it's course long ago. Interesting story first season, dragged out second season, this season looks to be CRAP! I am a big sci-fi, Stephen King fan. I know The Dome deviated considerably from his story, but I would be embarassed to have my name connected to it now. Think pink cocoons, alternate universes, pointless flashbacks, killer butterflies, Marg Helgenberger villainess, gaaahhhh....just so stupid. Whatever happened to good clean storytelling, with a plot...and a point?

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Under the Dome: Season 3
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 11:35:28 PM »
Sorry, ponytail,....I suffered through the first season ( never read the book), and tried the first few shows last year and called it quits. Too far out.. and I found myself not caring any more who lived or died.  -loll

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 08:28:05 AM »
I'm still watching it but the first hour on Thursday night I flipped back and forth with Wayward Pines, another weird show. 
I hate the way Under The Dome is headed this season.  Did not like they way they went from one time to another but still plan to watch it.  I was so disappointed the first season when they changed the characters.  After reading such a good book I don't see why they didn't stick to the plot more. 
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 09:55:11 AM »
Well, at least we can complain together, Snowbird!

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 05:31:17 PM »
I agree with much of what you guys said.  Very disappointing.  The Prankster saw a new show on USA---Mr.  Robot.   Very interesting, I liked it very much.  It centers on Elliot Alderson, a social misfit, paranoid schizophrenic, heroin user, computer whiz kid and hacker extraordinaire.  He is a security company programmer by day and cyber vigilante by night.  I found the lead performance by Rami Malek superb, almost mesmerizing.  Wednesdays at 10 on USA.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 10:34:12 PM »
i will give it a try. It sounds very good, i like that type of show.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal