Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Once Upon a Time General Discussion Thread  (Read 30971 times)

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
Once Upon a Time General Discussion Thread
« on: May 19, 2015, 09:28:27 AM »
Well folks we have a new a new OUAT sub-forum to play in (thank you Snowbird!). Unfortunately our old thread hasn't made the magical journey with us (sadness), so I started a new one...
 :ecomcity: :ecomcity: :ecomcity:

Enjoy!  kiss1

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
Re: Once Upon a Time General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 01:27:30 PM »
That's okay -- season five deserves a brand new start.  And just think of all the ideas we can come up with.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 05:54:09 PM »
I just read a post about the character arcs for season one that got me thinking...

http://woobierumple.tumblr.com/post/119484022284

...What do you think? Her reasoning that Baelfire and Emma were always meant to be true loves makes sense given the character parallels in season one.  If it's true that they abandoned their plans just because Hook was more popular, than that sucks. Hook doesn't actually need to be with Emma to stay on the show. He could be Regina's 'devilishly handsome' henchman or he could run the local fish-fry restaurant or he could be a coat-hook in Rumple's place... you know whatever.   

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 08:34:44 PM »
You know I never bought into Captain Hook.  Too much manliner for me.   But here's the thing with Bael.  We never saw him until season two.  Granted, the ties are there for Emma and Bael to be true love but let's face it, they have played fast and loose with the storylines.  I honestly wonder just how many years they want this show to run.  Granted LOST lasted six year but can this one go longer?  Will fans stand for the the following:

Charming and Snow going wishy washy from season to season.
Emma as the Dark One?
No real role for Rumple (who has to be dark to be good) if he survives the heart thingy.
Regina as good with an evil sister.
Robin with Regina -- even though Marian is dead, is this right.
Who will end up with Zelena's child anyway.
And I want either (a) the house to drop or (b) the water to destroy her.
Dragons in our world?  I think not.
And producer ruining this show like they did Torchwood.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 10:02:30 PM »
I think Lost is a great comparison, not only because they share some writers, but just in general. Both season one's were awesome minus a few episodes. Both have deep history to draw on. Both have innumerable connections between almost everyone. Both lost their way in the middle seasons (granted we have no way to know at this point how long the middle season for OUAT will go on). Both involve magic of some kind. Both love making everyone gray as possible instead of keeping characters black and white. Both tell stories in flashbacks in a somewhat disconnected style... ok now I think I'm just rambling.

Bottom line is I'd rather have Emma with Bael than Hook. I think the story would balance out better. Enough with the love triangles and such. If the show says so and so are 'true love' lock it. Don't mess with that dynamic. They need to get back to outside forces to cause the drama. The 'Queens of Darkness' largely failed as a plot device imo. Granted I loved Cruella's snarky lines and I liked her back story, but as far as the overall story went she and Ursula were kind of wasted. Maleficent had more juice, but they didn't use it that well. And more than anything I need consistency in the characters. Characters can change, but we need to see it in some way. Mysteries are fine. I like them. But if something isn't meant to be mysterious (like Will Scarlet showing up for no apparent reason) just give us an answer no matter how throwaway the line, have him say Jafar turned his wife into a toad and squished her, and he just needed to get out of Wonderland after that. Whatever. Again I'm rambling. Sorry. :ecomcity:

Actually I just remembered one theory I heard or read a while back was that Wonderland (the series) hasn't happened yet in this timeline, so Will is still in the place he was before he found Anastasia again. I don't know. I guess that could work in a way, but why not just give us a line to set that in place? I guess they could tie it in with Will taking his heart out (that was a plot in Wonderland but I can't remember when or how that happened) pre-Wonderland, you know cause he's sooo broken hearted over Belle and their 'romance'. ::)

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 10:35:51 PM »
OUAT has 'promoted' Zelena and Robin Hood into the main cast.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/09/once-upon-time-sean-maguire-rebecca-mader-season-5

They're also saying that Will Scarlet has been 'demoted', though what that means when he only got a few minutes of worthless screentime when he was (apparently) in the main cast I don't know.

Overall it doesn't mean much. Since Zelena is pregnant they could hardly kill her off and I don't much care what happens to Robin Hood at this point. I actually enjoy Zelena as a villain. I just hope next season the writing is better and more consistent to the characters they developed over three seasons.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 10:37:26 AM »
Not really surprised about either of these.  I look for Zelena to become the big bad since they've turned Regina into good.  The question is how will she escape.  Robin is the key.  Did he ever remarry Marian (Zelena)?  More after I get through this audit.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 05:55:57 PM »
Get ready for the most exciting OUAT news in the last year or so!!!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/once-upon-time-casting-rumples-150930276.html

Is Karen Gillan busy these days? Or even better Cathrine Tate!  :dance:

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 07:19:52 PM »
Have you seen the photos of Emma's new "Dark" look? they're hilariously horrible.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/02/once-upon-time-emma-dark-swan-photo

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2015, 02:44:45 PM »
Ugh-- can we say domanitrix.  What is the new Savior is Gold.  That would be a good twist. 

Besides they forgot one thing in the mythology of old epic tales.  If a good gives its life for another, evil is cancelled out.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 03:04:46 PM »
When I went to Dark Swan, I found this.  Is this another possible love interest for Swan?

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/01/once-upon-time-king-arthur-liam-garrigan

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 04:13:07 PM »
My my. How on Earth is anyone to believe ole Guinivere would leave him for Lancelot?  -rollinglaugh-

And yes he does share a certain look with Hook. Dark Emma might be very confused indeed. I am somewhat excited about Camelot. I just hope they don't ruin it too much. With any luck Arthur, Mordred, or Morgan lee Fey will end up in the OUAT family tree. Rumples mother, uncle and nephew perhaps?
 -loll

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2015, 06:33:06 PM »
Will 5B be Brave (Merida).  FaceBook just announced that it was coming to Once.  If Dark/Black Swan is 5A, then that has to be 5B.

And not sure how I feel about these?

http://www.amazon.com/Funko-Once-Upon-Time-Rumplestiltskin/dp/B010OW0VSO/ref=pd_sim_sbs_21_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1J81JPPRN2PN2V585ECC
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 06:37:40 PM by LindaM »

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2015, 09:08:32 AM »
Well Merida certainly sounds like a strong candidate to be Rumple's mother don't you think?

As for the new plastic dolls... I think they're weird looking and wildly overpriced. Certainly not going to be rushing out to get one of those.
...however. Lana Parilla seems to like hers...
http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/80240/Once-Upon-A-TimeThese-Are-Blood-Diamonds-Ill-Have-You-Know?page=224#.VaJlVvkwCSo
The picture is near the bottom of the page.

Why must people do that kissy face thing in photos?

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2015, 05:48:05 PM »
They're either a British import or the price is wrong.  I'm going on to Amazon next week to see if anything new is added.  I collect the micro titan Doctor Who (the ones I want).  You buy them but you don't know what you got until you open them.  The chances of duplicates are high.  Do have the Battle Doctor though.  The only one they don't seem to have issued is the Bad Wolf Rose from the 50th anniversary show.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal