Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Once Upon a Time General Discussion Thread  (Read 31346 times)

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
Re: Once Upon a Time General Discussion Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2016, 03:15:15 PM »
I just got a fantastic book in the mail! It's called Narnia Chronology and it's a big book filled with pop up and sliders ect. that tell you the history of narnia in chronological order. It's so beautiful!

Here's a link to a copy from Amazon if you want to take a look...
http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/0061240052?keywords=narnia%20chronology&qid=1454184699&ref_=sr_1_1&s=books&sr=1-1

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2016, 06:03:09 PM »
ah LM you haven't let me down. I knew you must be busy.  :sign0098:

As for funko I only bought Rumple and Belle and will probably end up buying the nerd Belle at some point. There're cute to be sure, but I don't want to start collecting the lot of them. You should see the barbies I still have jammed in my closets!

Let's don't talk Barbies or Dr.  Who dolls.  I'm cleaning the dolls up.  I've only got the collectible Barbies, Doctor Who, Once, and personality dolls (John Wayne, Diane, Elizabeth Taylor, etc.)  now.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2016, 07:58:49 AM »
Have a look at the new promotional poster.  I'm thinking of ordering one.

Notice Hook is still there. His picture was also publicizing season 5b of Once. 

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XN0PAYU?redirect=true&ref_=pe_850220_165322580_em_1p_0_im

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2016, 09:00:59 AM »
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 09:03:29 AM by Outlast »

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2016, 11:27:02 AM »
Check out the jewelry at this site.  They have Rumple stuff.  I'm eyeing the Dark Swan necklace myself but plan to check the ABC site before I order.

https://www.etsy.com/search/jewelry?q=once+upon+a+time&ref=esearch_group0

And promise to get back to the death count next week. Superbowl and work should be calmer then.  The work part means I shouldn't fall asleep on the couch every night.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2016, 09:52:25 AM »
In honor of Valentine's Day...

VALENTINE ONCE STUFF!

http://woodelf68.tumblr.com/post/139206016964/endangeredslug-bad-faery-nia-nita-the

http://retrogrlfan.tumblr.com/post/134031011642/more-pink-rumple

http://retrogrlfan.tumblr.com/post/121443194972

http://retrogrlfan.tumblr.com/post/133762453132/winter-is-coming

And my favorite...

I tried to find some Emma Valentine stuff, but everything cute had that stupid pirate in it. Do you know of a good Emma art source?

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2016, 06:47:51 PM »
The pirate seems to be the thing for Emma.  I want Neal back in the upcoming 100th episode but have seen no spoilers with his name.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2016, 03:27:44 PM »
Guess who else is  preggers on Once.  Saw a picture of Ginnifer on the red carpet at some event and thought it was from her last pregnancy.  Lo and behold, she's preggers again.  That explains why the rush to get the 100th episode in the bag.  Also, check out TVLine (or was it EW's) coverage of the 100th anniversary party.  There's a new boy on the red carpet.  Plus no Ginnifer.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2016, 02:30:26 PM »
I read that Ginny and Josh had another boy now. I guess time flies.

I googled the 100th party and found a few red carpet photos. Below was my favorite.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2016, 03:58:06 PM »
The wording was "will have" another boy on the photo of Ginnifer I saw.

Also, they're filming episode 20 now according to Twitter.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2016, 01:06:24 PM »
Yes I misread that. But technically they do have two sons already. One of them just hasn't come out yet.  :72:

I've been re-watching 5a and come across this exchange between Merlin and Emma:

Emma: Is it possible for someone to have the darkness, but use it for good, use it to protect people?
Merlin: Emma, don't let those thoughts tempt you.
Emma: But is it true?
Merlin: Someday perhaps there will be a person who's worthy to hold that much power and not let it burn through to darken their soul. But if we can wipe out the darkness, we'll never have to ask that much of anyone.

Is this a hint from the writers that Rumple might be that person who can contain the darkness? Or am I still grasping at straws to explain the ending of 5a?

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2016, 09:51:11 AM »
And think we got the hint last night that Rumple has good in him.  Adam Horowitz pretty much hinted at it in an interview I read.  He will be the first Dark One who is good.

WOW!  Last night had me crying within j1.30 minutes of the show opening.  That was some scene between Neal and Emma.  I had searched but seen no mention of him coming.  And there he was.  It was bittersweet but great that they found a way to include him. Then I'm balling at the end when Cora is going to kill Henry I and Regina's heroism saves him.  Her love of him kept the fire off him and he walked into the light after meeting his namesake.  Again a special moment that only Once can do. 

The show had continuity issues but they explained that away with this version of Purgatory being a fractured image of Storybrooke.  Regina didn't know about it but apparently people who had died long ago ended up there.  I'm anxious to see how they play it.

And I saw the casting bit for two new characters for the final episodes and next season.  Not happy about them because one is named Jacob and any LOSTIE will tell you that Jacob was the power of good.  Can't remember what the power of evil was but if I get a few minutes I'll look it up. Nathaniel is also being casted and they are brothers.  Also the evil woman from Heroes will be playing some sort of mentor to Emma in flashbacks after foster but before Bailbondsman.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2016, 03:16:26 PM »
My thoughts on the episode
#1 considering this was the landmark 100th episode I was a little disappointed that it focused so much on Regina and not on the show as a whole and as I've probably said too many times, I'm so tired of revisiting the bandit Snow era over and over and OVER again! ...however, this may actually be one of the better flashbacks to this time that they've done, if only because they answered the question of how Henry Sr. ended up in a tiny box in Wonderland. And Regina was in her best evil form as well.

#2 The opening with Baelfire wasn't as bad as I feared, but it still sucks that he didn't get to spend any time with his son or his father and what the heck does 'bagel' mean and why do nasty people refer to Baelfire as that on the internet? The same people like to call Rumple Goldemort, which I assume is a Harry Potter reference (never did read those books). The overall tone of the boards I was reading (imdb) has turned incredibly nasty for some reason. I never bothered to get an account and post there and now I know I made the right call.

#3 Gas is $15 a gallon in the underworld! That's hilarious. -rollinglaugh-

#4 Not enough Rumple. I was really hoping we'd get some kind of peek at what Rumple's real plan is (please tell me he has one!) with the new deeper darkness.

#5 the grandpa scene between the Henrys was sweet (got a tear in my eye), but why is there never any character development between Henry and Rumple? He didn't even try to A) stop Henry from coming to the underworld or B) to make him leave on Cora's boat. Rumple used to at least try to protect Henry. Why the change? It can't just be because he's 14ish now.

#5 I thought the guy playing Hades did a great job... right until his hair turned blue and then he just looked silly. Granted I haven't scene that particular Disney movie yet.

#6 is seems clear that the only way for someone to leave 'the underworld' and go back to the land of the living (as opposed to someplace better or worse) is to trade places with a living soul... umm so what's the plan with Hook again? Sure you can split Emma's heart, but she's gonna feel awfully silly taking half a heart on a date without a body around it. Maybe she can make a tiny hook to glue to the half-heart? Being the Dark One did show us that Emma has a crafty side. :D

And think we got the hint last night that Rumple has good in him.  Adam Horowitz pretty much hinted at it in an interview I read.  He will be the first Dark One who is good.

WOW!  Last night had me crying within j1.30 minutes of the show opening.  That was some scene between Neal and Emma.  I had searched but seen no mention of him coming.  And there he was.  It was bittersweet but great that they found a way to include him. Then I'm balling at the end when Cora is going to kill Henry I and Regina's heroism saves him.  Her love of him kept the fire off him and he walked into the light after meeting his namesake.  Again a special moment that only Once can do. 

The show had continuity issues but they explained that away with this version of Purgatory being a fractured image of Storybrooke.  Regina didn't know about it but apparently people who had died long ago ended up there.  I'm anxious to see how they play it.

And I saw the casting bit for two new characters for the final episodes and next season. Not happy about them because one is named Jacob and any LOSTIE will tell you that Jacob was the power of good.  Can't remember what the power of evil was but if I get a few minutes I'll look it up. Nathaniel is also being casted and they are brothers.  Also the evil woman from Heroes will be playing some sort of mentor to Emma in flashbacks after foster but before Bailbondsman.
I certainly hope that Rumple has good in him. This evil re-up of his is really upsetting to me if he did it just for the evil power. I need him to have a plan that makes everything ok somehow!

I don't think Cora or Regina had anything to do with the fire. Clearly Cora can call it up, but whether the person goes down into the fire (the worse place) or across to the light (the better place) is up to the soul itself, not to Cora. What Regina did was give Henry Sr. closure which made him ready to leave. So perhaps the fire can't actually take anyone to either place unless the soul is ready.

Still a bit confused about the underworld looking like Storybrooke because the curse what? came from Hades? If our Storybrooke was modeled on the underworld, then why does the underworld look like a smallish American/Canadian town from our world in the twentieth century?

I haven't read that casting tidbit, but I do remember clearly (I rewatched Lost season's 5 & 6 about a year ago) that Jacob's twin was never given a name on the show (for whatever reason). Everyone just seems to refer to him as 'the man in black'.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2016, 06:43:30 PM »
My thoughts on the episode
#1 considering this was the landmark 100th episode I was a little disappointed that it focused so much on Regina and not on the show as a whole and as I've probably said too many times, I'm so tired of revisiting the bandit Snow era over and over and OVER again! ...however, this may actually be one of the better flashbacks to this time that they've done, if only because they answered the question of how Henry Sr. ended up in a tiny box in Wonderland. And Regina was in her best evil form as well.

#2 The opening with Baelfire wasn't as bad as I feared, but it still sucks that he didn't get to spend any time with his son or his father and what the heck does 'bagel' mean and why do nasty people refer to Baelfire as that on the internet? The same people like to call Rumple Goldemort, which I assume is a Harry Potter reference (never did read those books). The overall tone of the boards I was reading (imdb) has turned incredibly nasty for some reason. I never bothered to get an account and post there and now I know I made the right call.

#3 Gas is $15 a gallon in the underworld! That's hilarious. -rollinglaugh-

#4 Not enough Rumple. I was really hoping we'd get some kind of peek at what Rumple's real plan is (please tell me he has one!) with the new deeper darkness.

#5 the grandpa scene between the Henrys was sweet (got a tear in my eye), but why is there never any character development between Henry and Rumple? He didn't even try to A) stop Henry from coming to the underworld or B) to make him leave on Cora's boat. Rumple used to at least try to protect Henry. Why the change? It can't just be because he's 14ish now.

#5 I thought the guy playing Hades did a great job... right until his hair turned blue and then he just looked silly. Granted I haven't scene that particular Disney movie yet.

#6 is seems clear that the only way for someone to leave 'the underworld' and go back to the land of the living (as opposed to someplace better or worse) is to trade places with a living soul... umm so what's the plan with Hook again? Sure you can split Emma's heart, but she's gonna feel awfully silly taking half a heart on a date without a body around it. Maybe she can make a tiny hook to glue to the half-heart? Being the Dark One did show us that Emma has a crafty side. :D

And I saw the casting bit for two new characters for the final episodes and next season. Not happy about them because one is named Jacob and any LOSTIE will tell you that Jacob was the power of good.  Can't remember what the power of evil was but if I get a few minutes I'll look it up. Nathaniel is also being casted and they are brothers.  Also the evil woman from Heroes will be playing some sort of mentor to Emma in flashbacks after foster but before Bailbondsman.
I certainly hope that Rumple has good in him. This evil re-up of his is really upsetting to me if he did it just for the evil power. I need him to have a plan that makes everything ok somehow!

I don't think Cora or Regina had anything to do with the fire. Clearly Cora can call it up, but whether the person goes down into the fire (the worse place) or across to the light (the better place) is up to the soul itself, not to Cora. What Regina did was give Henry Sr. closure which made him ready to leave. So perhaps the fire can't actually take anyone to either place unless the soul is ready.

Still a bit confused about the underworld looking like Storybrooke because the curse what? came from Hades? If our Storybrooke was modeled on the underworld, then why does the underworld look like a smallish American/Canadian town from our world in the twentieth century?

I haven't read that casting tidbit, but I do remember clearly (I rewatched Lost season's 5 & 6 about a year ago) that Jacob's twin was never given a name on the show (for whatever reason). Everyone just seems to refer to him as 'the man in black'.

Outtie, the Prankster believes the term "bagel" derives from tennis where one gets "bageled" when on the short end of a 6-0 set.  Therefore, the Prankster believes a "bagel" is a loser, a zero.

The Prankster returned to OUAT after skipping 5A.  It was a fairly good episode overall.  It was good to see Cora again.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2016, 08:42:32 PM »
Thanks MP. I gathered from the context that bagel was a rude term. At least now I know where it came from.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal