Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Once Upon a Time General Discussion Thread  (Read 31733 times)

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
Re: Once Upon a Time General Discussion Thread
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2016, 08:43:15 AM »
Many spoiler pictures been put up and "the magical door" were in them.  I'll post the link but I know Outtie doesn't like spoilers.  The only two that do not appear in the pictures of filming are Rumple and Hood.  Rumple somehow ends up in New York (don't ask me why) and was seen filming there very recently.  And yes, Snow still has that coat on.  They've got to hide her real life pregnancy somehow, don't they.

Also, on a side note.  I joined twitter since my Once rumor gatherer there graduated.  Yesterday Adam Horowitz and Jane Epperson both posted support for Sean Maguire (Robin).  Seems twitter is alive with stories that he sexually assaulted one of the make up artists.  Adam and Jane both swear he has done so.  See the message from Adam (executive producer) below:

Hey #Oncers, some odd rumors out there about @sean_m_maguire --for the record he is a trusted member of the team and a lovely man. The best!
1,368 retweets 2,904 likes

Now, the fans are saying Lana is using this to get rid of Sean.  The story goes that it happened before San Diego Comic Con.  She protected the girl by taking story higher up.  Sean took a picture of the girl and him to discredit her. Lana friended her and took it to Eddy and Adam who had to rewrite the whole season.  The quote from the text she responded to said:  "Lana took it as a chance to get dump OQ."  Goes on to say, they couldn't do it during 5a but Lana negotiated to get the 100th episode to be her and no joint interviews as SDCC. 

Last night, Lana took to twitter to deny.  She said she had not heard any of this until last night.  She said she did not do anything that is being said about her.  Basically the twitter   Here's her response.

I have no idea what this is but I'm just now seeing it. Whatever this is, none of it is true. Sorry and thank you.

Fandom can be bad. Many hate the Robber Queen and the Captain Swan.  And on that note, I'll add that Captain Hook was seen on set filming the "door" scene.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2016, 02:08:57 PM »
Many spoiler pictures been put up and "the magical door" were in them.  I'll post the link but I know Outtie doesn't like spoilers. 
Outtie no longer cares about spoilers for Once. I wish I did. As for this rumor stuff... I don't know if any of this can be relied upon unless it comes directly from Sean/Lana. I do know that both Sean and 'Bex' (Zelena) seem to be the most outgoing people in the Once cast and turn up at all the conventions, so it is sad to me that Zelena has been saddled with a lousy storyline and Robin Hood with a worse one. They probably should've had just Robin, Marion and the merry men living in the storybrooke woods and paired him up with Charming for a bromance instead of his romance with Regina. I still think Hook and Regina might've been a fun pair.

Why is Rumple in New York? Please tell me they didn't have Belle kick him out of town AGAIN. I'm so sick and tired and frustrated with that storyline.

BOO! to Hook being back. Logically I knew he was coming back, but I couldn't help nourishing a tiny spark of hope that he'd stay in the underworld for the good of the show. Spark extinguished.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2016, 02:19:49 PM »
I don't think this interview has been posted here...
http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/michael-socha/39154/michael-socha-interview-this-is-england-once-upon-a-time

Sounds like Will Scarlett hated his time on Once as much as I hated the crappy storyline they gave him. I really can't quote much from the interview because of the excessive profanity, but I did like this bit...

Once Upon A Time reunited you with Robert Carlyle didn’t it? You’d worked with him years ago on Summer.

He’s a good bloke. I saw him at the Comic-Con convention in San Diego when I was doing Wonderland and he came running up to me and gave me a big cuddle, and I was like ‘wicked, man’. He’s a wonderful, wonderful man, incredible actor. I spent a lot of time with Bobby. The whole cast were incredible, they all welcomed me, they’re all wonderful people. I just wasn’t working enough by the end.

Awww.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2016, 08:21:34 AM »
Now the  hint is in that Hood is staying due to the show's renewal.  Like there was a question the show would be renewed.  The only long term shows that I heard were in jeopardy were Grey's Anatomy (which I hear got renewed) and Castle (which is borderline due to stars' salary).

http://www.parentherald.com/articles/29646/20160318/once-upon-a-time-season-5-cast-spoilers-news-update-robin-hood-may-not-die-two-new-actors-will-join-the-show.htm

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2016, 09:10:50 PM »
I really don't know what to say about tonight's episode except - jaw dropped.

I feel really happy right now. Whether that's from the episode being awesome or just overexcitment at seeing so much Rumple in an episode (in ALL Rumple phases no less). I loved the fill in backstory bits about Milah and the nod to 'The Miller's Daughter' as well.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2016, 07:47:56 AM »
I actually posted the following on Jane Epperson's twitter last night and she responded:

My quote:
Only thing to say is Wow! This episode rocked!

Her response:
Thanks! One of my faves -- I love it any time we dip into the Rumple backstory.

Now you know why I got a twitter account.  Step isn't here any more so I can't rely on her for juicy bits about the show from Twitter.

I think it was a great episode.  I noticed the literary references to Dr. Faustus and some of the other "contract with the devil" books.  I figured out why Emma can't share her heart.  She's the savior and for some reason it won't allow that to happen.  Now we know why the tombstones.  And we should have seen that Milah would end up in the "lost souls" pool.  Her aim was to make it right with Bae. He's moved on before she could do that so there was no way she could go into the light because she didn't make it right before he passed. Is that too theological thinking. 

Anyway, you know Rumple will break the contract.  The question is: how? 

Too much to say but don't know how to put it into words.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2016, 05:16:31 PM »
I just read a great theory on the pan pipes Rumples daddy gave him - could the pipe that was used to call lost boys, call up the lost souls from the lake of lost souls? Sounds plausible to me.

The worst theory I've read today was that Rumple dropped the crystal ball, not because he realized that Belle was pregnant, but he realized that Belle WAS his second child. Gee thanks for that image poster at once forums.
 :smiley_confused1:

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2016, 08:12:29 AM »
Actually like the Pan theory.  Wasn't he playing the pan flute when he was the Pied Piper?  Remember, I drew Neil to him.   

It's like they're turning the show on its heel.  I'm hearing new theme music also.  It's not like they thought the show would be cancelled. It's been listed as a "sure bet" all year.  I'm beginning to wonder if they're planning to set their own deadline for leaving the air.  Let's face it, they've succeeded where a lot of show don't.  They made it to a 100 episodes.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2016, 05:34:23 PM »
The Prankster agrees that the most recent episode was a bombshell and continues a string of winners for Season 5B.  The following random thoughts/reactions/speculation:

Rumple went into the Underworld not knowing how to exit?  MP has a hard time believing this.  Hopefully OUAT writers will construct a good battle of wits between Rumple and Hades.  Speculation:  Did Rumple chisel the names on the tombstones?

The Prankster likes the reason LM gave for Regina's failed heart surgery on Emma but the abc/OUAT site suggests the tombstones are the reason.  The Prankster  is uncertain regarding the meaning of the tombstones.  Emma, Snow and Regina must somehow be trapped in Underbrooke but if they died it must have happened when the Prankster went to the kitchen for coffee.  Any thoughts?

Without knowing more the Prankster suspects the resurrected author storyline will be involved in freeing the heroes from the Underworld.

Did Rumple conceive little Rumple or Rumpless when he was not the Dark One?  Does it matter?   The prospect of a little dark one running around Storybrooke is pregnant with comedic possibilities but MP is biting his tongue......ouch!

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2016, 05:53:44 PM »
Hades decided that for every soul that crossed over, one of Hook's friends had to stay behind.  Problem with this is what mythology you are using.  If it is purgatory, they're supposed to be prayed or earn their way out.  If it is Greek/Classical, it was sort of a dwelling place for mortals who die.  Again Christianity, if Hades is really Satan, well, it's a pit of fire that sinner go to and can never leave.

Tombstones appeared so I figured that Hades did it.  Emma is closet to Hook and Snow and Regina both helped people cross over.  I'm betting Hood soon appears also.  Since they're not dead, their tombstones seem to not come into play.  I'm betting Henry finds the pen and it does.

I think Rumple had a plan until daddy dearest appeared and Emma reminded him that he had something to return to in Storybrooke.  That's when things changed.  Now Hades has possession of his second born.  Rumple is either going to have an epic showdown or have to align with the heroes and tell them all...but how can he when Hades hears everything.  Rumple can't afford for daddy dearest to return to Storybrooke and he will want that child

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2016, 09:11:09 PM »
This week's was another great episode.  Learned so much and next week's is going to be another good one.  Won't post anything because I'm sure you haven't seen it yet!

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2016, 04:59:16 AM »
Well I wasn't go to watch it until tonight, but I woke up with a sore throat and couldn't get back to sleep so I just watched it.

Looks like Hades will be pissed that what eight or so pirates souls just escaped his clutches and Henry is going to rewright Hades story rather that try to save Cruella YEAH! I'm glad to see somebody making good decisions on this show.

There was bad weather here so I missed part of the episode, so if you could fill me in on whatever happened between Liam stealing the pages and the brothers getting kidnapped in the woods, I'd appreciate it.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2016, 02:31:02 PM »
Let's see, Liam was already being looked at to as a hero by Killian.  Did you see how he saved they from the storm and were the only survivors.  He traded it out with Hades who gave Liam the Heart of the Sea.  I thought that was an interesting take on things.

Liam also didn't like his involvement with Emma.  He got on her case because she didn't let  Killian die the hero. 

Hades made Liam steal the pages out of Hades' version of Once Upon a Time.  He threw them down the well.  It was Silver and company who told Hook the truth.

Meanwhile, the moms told Henry to stay where he would be safe.  He didn't take kindly to that and as soon as they started searching the "magical" house that belonged to Merlin, he went hunting for the pen which he found.

Meanwhile Cruella had a thing for Charming's brother. Charming and Snow broke into the sheriff's office to get the key, Cruella arrived, and she tried to seduce Charming who wouldn't do it. She admitted she knew it wasn't James.

Hope that's it in some sort of order but I'm not use to giving highlights.

Ask me questions.  Oh, if you don't know -- Henry found the quill and ink inside of a Harry Potterish style lamp.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2016, 07:09:26 PM »
I don't think I have any more questions LM. Thank you for the recap. I assume the only deaths were the sailors that Liam? killed. If I feel better tomorrow I'll go back and count them if I can.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2016, 09:09:36 AM »
Yep!  Those were the only deaths I saw.  Do we count them retro? 

Liam is a sleaze ball.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal