Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Once Upon a Time General Discussion Thread  (Read 31014 times)

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
Re: Once Upon a Time General Discussion Thread
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2016, 06:38:45 PM »
Horowitz and Kitsis are about as "Lost" as it gets.  MP looked at some of the writers' backgrounds.  Some have a pedigree with Joss Whedon's stable of shows, e.g., Buffy, Dollhouse.   It is difficult to churn out 20 plus quality one hour episodes a year, especially in the OUAT genre.  They don't seem to make 'em like Rod Serling anymore. <sigh>  MP hopes 5B will regain its storytelling quality starting this week.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 06:45:55 PM by Merry Prankster »

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #121 on: April 18, 2016, 07:43:36 PM »
MP has absolutely nothing to say about this episode (18) but he believes he has identified the three essential requirements of any OUAT episode:  It involves a Disney property; there has to be some connection, no matter how tenuous or inexplicable, to the existing OUAT story arc; the writer must ingest hallucinogens as part of the pre-writing ritual.

With the aforementioned requirements in mind, MP now will attempt to come up with some story ideas for the next episode of OUAT.  MP already has satisfied the third requirement (his personal favorite).  Absolute silence, please, while MP thinks.

Thinking………..thinking strange thoughts……………hallucinating……….EUREKA!   The Prankster has some boffo story ideas for the next episode that will reinvigorate the OUAT franchise and open a new universe of possibilities for future story lines.

Episode Title:   Where, O Where has My Wookie Gone?

Episode Plot:   Han, Chewy, Luke and Yoda travel to the wookiee homeworld to investigate the mysterious disappearance of the wookiees.  A portal suddenly appears and the quartet is whisked off to the Underworld of many years ago or many years in the future or many years in the present or all three (reader’s choice).  Once there, complications ensue for our friends.  Jabba the Hutt, who actually survived Princess Leia’s attack but later met his demise during an intergalactic chili dog eating contest (insert flashback sequence here <Jabba learns of his chili bean allergy only after he “Jabbas down" 403 chili dogs in 45 seconds to break the intergalactic record>), shows up with some unfinished business involving Han and Jabba’s colon.  Darth Vader shows up and persuades Luke to help him find his helmet so DV once again can enjoy his cool James Earl Jones voice and ventilator-like breathing. Plus, Underworld women think it makes him sexy.  It turns out Hades stole the helmet just to have some devilish fun.  He threatens to toss it into the River of Lost Headgear unless JJ Abrams agrees to cast him in the next Star Wars movie.  The Dark Emperor shows up and gives Yoda incurable laryngitis simply because he never could stand Yoda’s voice.  DE then passes on. To make matters worse, everyone in the Underworld is grouchy due to lack of sleep because Chewy is making incessant Chewy sounds.   As if that weren’t enough, Zelena, in an act of revenge for once having had her Maybegreene makeup purloined and used for a nefarious purpose by a munchkin impersonating a wookie impersonating a munchkin impersonating Dorothy (insert second flashback sequence here <MWM uses makeup, guacamole dip and a box of 64 Crayolas to draw anti-Zelena graffiti on the yellow brick road>), has imprisoned all of the munchkins in a giant green Tootsie Roll Pop, repopulated Munchkinland with wookiees, renamed it Wookieeworld and moved it to a theme park near Orlando.  What to do, what to do?

Please stay tuned for scenes from next week’s episode, “The Munchkins Lick Back.”

Mercifully for the reader, MP just ran out of hallucinogens.  Goodnight.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #122 on: April 19, 2016, 03:03:05 PM »
So funny!  Knowing the title deals with siblings, you needed to include Leia.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2016, 05:25:35 PM »
Knowing the title deals with siblings, you needed to include Leia.

Good point.  The Prankster will have to cogitate upon it.  At the moment he is late for an interview with a magic comb (it auditioned for OUAT but never made the cut) involved in a brewing political scandal.  The comb claims to have spent the night with Bernie Sanders' hair when he was a young man.  It further alleges the experience ruined Bernie's hair for all other combs.  The story sounds highly suspicious but the comb claims to have photos.  Maybe the story has some teeth.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #124 on: April 25, 2016, 03:09:21 PM »

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #125 on: May 06, 2016, 11:40:12 AM »
And the actions figures are closer to production.  Saw it on Twitter.  The company is Icon Heroes.  Here's a link to the company page.  Only thing up so far is the dagger.  What Horowitz posted showed Emma's red jacket, Regina with her magical charm, Hook, and I forgot who else.  Not all the doll but part.

http://www.iconheroes.com/collections/once-upon-a-time-1

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #126 on: June 01, 2016, 12:37:55 AM »
Once Podcast is nominated for a podcast award! Looks like it was the only one to make the cut. If you guys would be so kind, please vote for them in the TV & Film category at the bottom of the page.
http://www.podcastawards.com/
And don't forget to verify your vote!

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #127 on: June 24, 2016, 10:58:57 PM »
I just couldn't resist all the lovely Rumbelle merchandise at Hot Topic.

-duh-

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #128 on: June 27, 2016, 08:34:53 AM »
Just heard Funko is putting out a Belle doll this year.  No picture yet. 

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #129 on: June 27, 2016, 07:59:24 PM »
Just heard Funko is putting out a Belle doll this year.  No picture yet.
I have the regular non-OUAT Belle Funko already, but of course if they put out a OUAT version I'll have to buy it. Maybe then I'll buy the non-OUAT Beast to pair up with his Belle.

Another cool new OUAT toy...
https://www.etsy.com/listing/278769000/customizable-dark-ones-dagger-once-upon?ref=market

That's right for just 25 bucks YOU too can be a Dark One! :great:

Unfortunately it's not a real knife, just plastic or enamel or something. Sadness.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2016, 09:34:20 AM »
Our beloved Rumple was in a movie on Encore last night.  A mini-series called Flood set in London.  Hard to recognize him.  He was the hero.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2016, 12:13:17 PM »
Our beloved Rumple was in a movie on Encore last night.  A mini-series called Flood set in London.  Hard to recognize him.  He was the hero.
I have the dvd.  :) It's nice to see him play a hero; it's a real rarity.

RC is filming a sequel to Trainspotting now.

I um, ...hated Trainspotting

:o  :-\  :o 
...a pictorial representation of my face watching that movie...so not sure how I feel about a sequel being made, but I'll probably try to watch it at some point. At least RC's bits.  :embarrassed:

My favorite RC movies are Marilyn Hotchkiss' Ballroom Dancing and Charm School (bad title;sweet movie) and Ravenous (funny black comedy in a western setting). To End All Wars may be his best movie, but it's a hard one to watch.

In somewhat related news I read that Ewan McGregor will play Lumiere in the new Beauty and the Beast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1T7kRA_nCg

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #132 on: June 29, 2016, 08:45:15 AM »

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #133 on: June 29, 2016, 09:53:07 PM »
Let me know what you think of this banner (hope you can see it).

https://www.facebook.com/OnceUponASpoiler/photos/a.528102107223989.121754.528035687230631/1216309645069895/?type=3&theater

The banner looks good to me LM. Not that I'm a Facebook expert or anything.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #134 on: July 04, 2016, 09:47:45 AM »
I haven't scene Hamilton, but watching this video I did think the lyrics really fit well for Rumbelle too.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sr3G8h3bj-Q

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal