Open Floor > Weekly Contest

New Paragraph Contest

<< < (2/2)

Outlast:
Ok, thanks Snowy! new sentence

The tired housewife wrung her hands in frustration when the electricity went off just as she was putting her casserole in the oven...

ponytail:
The tired housewife wrung her hands in frustration when the electricity went off just as she was putting her casserole in the oven...She got out the old cast iron kettle and scraped it all into the bottom of it, added a little water, and began to stir. Maybe a soup could be made from the ingredients that could no longer be baked in the oven. "Honey", she yelled. "Start up the fireplace!" She slowly trundled the kettle in and set it down on top of the glowing embers, watching for it to come to a boil. A little ash started to trickle down from the flue overhead, and then more and more until finally, a large 'plop' of it landed in her mixture. She inspected the contents and noticed a yellow eye and a few black feathers peering up at her from the bottom of the kettle. "Oh well", she thought as she stirred it in, "maybe it's time for my hubby to eat a little crow".

Snowbird:
 -rollinglaugh- I don't think I can beat that one, Ponytail.
Here goes my pitiful attempt.

The tired housewife wrung her hands in frustration when the electricity went off just as she was putting her casserole in the oven.  What would she do now, she thought.  Of all times for this to happen her husband was bringing his boss and his wife home for dinner.  She got out her crystal candle holders that she inherited from her grandmother and sat them in the middle of the table.  She then put out her best china and got everything all ready.  Just time to run down to the Kentucky Fried Chicken and bring back the meal.  Then she would pray that the quest didn't recognize Colonel Sanders' recipe. 

Outlast:
The tired housewife wrung her hands in frustration when the electricity went off just as she was putting her casserole in the oven. "Drat and tarnation!" she grumbled as she crossed to the fireplace and pulled the hot poker from the embers. Her cold eyes surveyed the exhausted donkey harnessed to her husband's electro-machine. She raised the red-hot poker menacingly, which was all that was required to get the donkey to resume turning the great wheel which produced the electro-magic needed to cook a proper newt eye casserole. Pleased with her cruel accomplishment Grizelle returned the poker to its fiery home and placed the cold casserole in the quickly warming oven. She honestly had no idea how other women managed without a wizard for a husband.

:)

ok, I think we can all agree that Ponytail won this hands down by serving her husband, 'er her character's husband crow. Congratulations Ponytail! Please post the next sentence below.
 :clap:

bacali:
 :clap: :clap:

Yup, ponytail. I shouldn't have read your paragraph. It took away any imagination I had for this week.
Very clever and funny ! -rollinglaugh-

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version