Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Once Upon a Time Season 5 -- Let's Begin  (Read 21016 times)

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
Re: Once Upon a Time Season 5 -- Let's Begin
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2015, 01:41:05 PM »
No -- I think it is Lancelot.  And we've had shapeshifting before.  That's why I think Arthur is Modred.  Went back and checked the facts.  Modred took over the kingdom while Arthur was off once with Guinever as queen.  Boy that woman got around.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2015, 11:15:10 PM »
Vote here
http://vote.peopleschoice.com/#!/home/all/44/2
for Josh Dallas and (write in) below for Robert Carlyle for best sci-fi actor in the People's Choice Awards!

I have to write in Robert Carlyle really? Who does their research?  :41:

Once you votes for men, the page should automatically go to the women's category where you can vote for both Jenny's and again, you can write in for Emily de Ravin.  :16:

There are also categories where you can vote for Once and Doctor Who for best sci-fi show and lots more. Plus you don't have to vote in categories you have no opinion on (Yah!).

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2015, 09:25:38 PM »
OK. That was pretty good actually. All the Camelot backstory came together nicely enough. Opening the Dark Vault without sacrificing a beloved character ok, I'm still with you. A little miffed perhaps, but still with you. Fixing a broken Camelot with Avon dust. Cool. Fixing your doubtful/straying wife with dust, um, I guess. 'Fixing' a mother and father into (I think) betraying their own daughter? That I don't buy. Unless of course the dust doesn't really 'repair' broken things so much as act like a pulled out heart to control whoever gets dusted under the duster's whim.

Maybe Rumple meant 'fixing' in the Bob Barker kind of sense. :)

OK that doesn't make any sense either.  :embarrassed:

Still unsure of the whole plot point regarding Rumple becoming a hero, but I'm really hoping it turns out for the best. I'm not expecting that it will, but hope remains.  :victory:

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2015, 10:47:23 AM »
Still trying to get my head around the following:

Guin and Lancelot go tracking the Evil One 5 years before our heroes arrive.
Rumple gives her the potion then.
Arthur gets the potion, uses it on her to remove thoughts of Lance (among other things).
Has enough left over for Camelot also.
Goes with Guin to track the dagger
He confronts Lance and Mary Margaret who give him that cock and bull story and fake dagger and David arrives and more of the same. 
David and MM have Arthur in Storybooke only to be surrounded with Arthur's men.
Guin enters and uses more of the magic on them so they will get the dagger and give it to Arthur.
We go back 6 weeks for them to get the dagger.
Lance is in jail with Merida yet Merida is tied to Emma's car and has her heart yanked out. 

I'm still trying to figure all this out!

Overall good show but mindblowing.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2015, 09:01:10 PM »
Something is not ringing true of the "dark Swan."  I'm not sure but I think we have a scheme going.......

WOW is all I will say about tonight's episode.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2015, 09:30:52 PM »
Wow is my general comment too.

Will say Jennifer Morrison is really getting good at playing dark and I was super surprised that Merlin got out of the tree so quick. I can't wait to see what happens. Season 5 is definitely better than 4 by a mile.

As for Next Week on...
Oh no not again!

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2015, 11:52:12 AM »
I never put too much hope into the previews.

Didn't like the ending at all.  Now Emma is the Regina and Regina is the Emma.  This scene and the look on Emma's face made me think she's playing at being bad but isn't.  Could she need Excalibur to vanquish Arthur for good.  He wants control of the world so he wants the dark one.  I HATE ARTHUR!   

And where is Merlin in the Storybrooke community hmm?  Hiding from Arthur or giving secret directions to Emma?

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2015, 11:51:11 PM »
One of Robert Carlyle's best films just got a nod from Rolling Stone...
http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/features/to-serve-man-why-ravenous-is-the-greatest-cannibal-western-ever-20151027?page=2
bon appetit!  :103:

I was wondering where Merlin was myself. Is Emma in league with him in some complicated plot to save everyone? Did he turn out to be a jerk and Emma put him right back in the tree? How long was he a tree? If he was put in that tree during Arthur's lifetime than shouldn't the Dark One who trapped him have been Rumple? If it was Rumple why hide the face? To me the only reason to hide the face like that is to either hide an actor so that the reveal that so and so is really the dark one is a surprise or to hide something about that dark one... is it a woman? If that is a different Dark One than we've seen (pre-Zoso) then the scene had to take place more than (possible much more than) two hundred years ago and if that scene took place two hundred years ago than how did Merlin visit young Arthur and young Emma while he was stuck in a tree?

As for next week BOO! that Belle gets kidnapped AGAIN. :c029:

Yeah that it looks like Rumple and Belle will actually be AWAKE in the same scene together for as Elsa would say 'the first time in forever'.  :whoo:

Ahhh. Togetherness. At last.

Wanna hear a OUAT joke I just read?

Q - How could Merida read the Rumbelle story (from Henry's book) and not melt?

A - She literally has no heart.

-rollinglaugh-

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2015, 08:35:20 AM »
It's official . . .

Cora is returning for the 100th episode.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/once-upon-a-time-barbara-hershey/

Now will Neal somehow make a cameo also.

Belle being kidnapped is predictable, isn't it.  Tired of that plot device.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2015, 09:16:29 PM »
Oh my goodness so many feelings so much Rumbelle. I hardly know where to begin. I do feel happy right after watching so I'd have to say that overall I feel pretty positive about the episode.

I think my favorite bit was when Hook, Regina and the Charmings were crapping on Rumple and how many chances he had (again Regina did more bad on screen and in less than a quarter of the time Rumple had and if Hook is now a hero than at some level he should feel BAD about what he did to Rumple before he was even the dark one) and Belle actually put on her big girl pants and stood up to them. Seriously Rumple was helpless at this point and the 'heroes' of the show turned their collective backs on him!

Oh and shame on Regina for starving a pregnant woman. Even if it is Zelena murderer of Baelfire. Her baby is innocent.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2015, 02:46:35 PM »
Rumbelle was the best part.  The Merida stuff was the worse.  No Emma and no real plot development except she got the sword.  New big question:  Why was Merlin afraid of her or was it the first really big bad???

I really wanted to see the Librarians and chose this.  I'm not sure why but the plot for the librarians (lost staff) seemed to echo lost Excalibur.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2015, 03:41:39 PM »
Rumbelle was the best part.  The Merida stuff was the worse.  No Emma and no real plot development except she got the sword.  New big question:  Why was Merlin afraid of her or was it the first really big bad???

I really wanted to see the Librarians and chose this.  I'm not sure why but the plot for the librarians (lost staff) seemed to echo lost Excalibur.
I was wondering that too, about Merlins 'answering machine' message being from the time he turned into a tree and not him cowering in fear from Emma.

As for the Librarians, I watched their first season and was planning on watching this one, but for some reason TNT (just TNT as far as I can tell) isn't getting a signal on my dish so it didn't tape!

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2015, 07:42:15 AM »
Librarians was good (2nd half at any rate) this season.  Call the company and ask what's up.

Guess who else is returning for the 100th episode . . . Robbie Kay as Peter Pan.  I know Heroes Reborn will be through by then.  And I've actually liked  last week's episode of that show.  Robbie's character is Claire's son.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2015, 11:23:29 PM »
My TNT is back now, but it doesn't look like the episodes I missed are replaying any time soon. :( I have finally caught up on new Heroes and I was so out for a while. I was just waiting for the promised return of Hero (my favorite) and I have to say that since he's been back the series has gotten good. Did not see the twist with the babies coming. But seriously, they couldn't get the Claire actress back to play dead for a 10 second cameo? That show made her, she should have the decency to give them a few hours of her time. OK maybe there was a good reason, but if not shame on the cheerleader.

:d030:

Glad to hear Pan is back since I thought that plot was great (even if Neverland itself dragged on a little more than necessary). I'm assuming flashbacks since he's you know dead. But Zelena... do I need to end that sentence?

About Merida's story line... if the reason they didn't want Merida to rule was because she was a woman (which historically never happens unless no male heirs are available anyway), why not make one of her THREE brothers king? I know the one guy wanted to take over the aligned kingdoms, so I get his motive, but wouldn't every one else just point out the obvious that they have three dudes they could crown in her place? I think the Scottish crown actually passed between cousins or something in those days anyway. Not that Merida is really in literal Scotland.

:king: :king: :king:

I found a link to this tonight. I'd never read this person's recaps before, but I may have to start. I laughed a lot.
http://www.tv.com/shows/once-upon-a-time-2011/community/post/once-upon-a-time-season-5-episode-6-the-bear-and-the-bow-review-144640653415/?fullstory=1

:D

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2015, 07:24:08 PM »
Sean -- AKA Robin -- posted an interesting photo of him and Lara today.  Do you want to know what it was in front of?????

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal