Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Once Upon a Time Season 5 -- Let's Begin  (Read 20997 times)

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
Re: Once Upon a Time Season 5 -- Let's Begin
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2015, 08:16:14 AM »
Haven't you guessed.  I'm not allowed to write Once anymore.  And I'm thisclose to leaving that site for good.  I'm only covering Reign and that was to help them out.  I've fired a shot and no one listens.  The main editor knows my feelings but he has put someone in charge who is an idiot.  She thinks people want personality games.  Sheesh, I want news.  And recaps -- well don't get me started on those.  Mine are always too long and too full of details.  And I don't know how to title them appropriately.  I'm not long for there.  VENT OVER!

RumBelle is leading by a strong margin (70%).  So good to see that.  More later.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 08:17:49 AM by LindaM »

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2015, 08:23:30 AM »
OH, here's a question.  How do we count Maleficient.  Charming killed her in the Enchanted Forest, Emma killed her in Storybrooke, but she's still alive and well.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 12:29:09 PM by Outlast »

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2015, 12:29:30 PM »
...that is a good question. It might come down to humanity. Emma slayed a dragon.... I'm not overly inclined to call that killing. But then again we could look back to TNGs 'The Measure of a Man' and ask what makes someone human. What's the difference between a man and an animal. I assume that even in dragon form malificient had awareness beyond animal instinct, so Emma slaying her as a dragon was still a kill. But then again Rumple reanimated her later so she didn't stay dead.

Maybe we need extra columns in our count
# humans killed
# villages massacred
# misc. deadish magical beings

Oh btw I came across the picture you mentioned of the clock tower and wth. It's not just smashed on the ground it looked like it busted out of the pavement or something. Can't wait to see what happens there.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2015, 09:18:12 PM »
:33:
http://www.buddytv.com/articles/once-upon-a-time/once-upon-a-time-poll-does-rum-57992.aspx#comments

Good grief LM but your site needs a new OUAT blogger. At least the poll/comment section is pro-Rumple and Belle.  kiss1

Elderly uncle?! :32:

My response:
LynnM1999
11/19/15 8:20 AM Report
I'm actually starting a book on the show. When you look at the overall storylines, the Rumbelle storyline has sustained many trials and is still very good. I don't care that he's older than her. Look at Trump! The thing I want in a show is a good story and a cast who knows how to bring it to life. These actors know what they're doing. The show still has stories that make you think.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2015, 09:12:23 PM »
Had nothing better to do so I watched The Pilot and it was awesome!
 :whoo:
 I'd forgotten how truly well plotted the first season was and how well acted. Anyhow, enough fangirling. We have a death count to work on...there was only one death caused by a main character in 1.1. Charming Killing one of Regina's black guards. He was fighting two, one he knocked out or something and the other he ran through with his sword. If attempted murder counts technically Regina attempted to kill Snow White with a poisoned apple and Charming attempted to kill Regina by throwing a sword at her. But the only identifiable killing by a main character was the black guard.

1.1 The Pilot
Charming - 1

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2015, 08:12:44 PM »
I just realized -- years ago I did a soap piece on violence on soaps.  Send me your email and if I can find it, I'll send it on.

On this one -- Emma's lost her magic but my question is: if Hook is now Dark could Emma be good.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2015, 08:41:42 PM »
I had hoped no Galivant!

I do think the Captain Swan haters may be getting their wish.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2015, 09:56:07 PM »
I am so sick of this crap with Belle. Rumple has done nothing to warrant this mess of a storyline in the first place and now NOW when he is quite literally the pure hearted hero she always wanted... she basically dumps him. I'm done. I hope Hook rips her fickle unfaithful heart out and crushes it.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2015, 11:40:24 AM »
Hey -- don't count Rumple out.  I think something may happen next week to make him a hero.  I'm also afraid Emma will die.  The title is "Swan Song."

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 01:37:25 PM by LindaM »

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2015, 12:04:02 PM »
I have listened to some podcasts (happy I wasn't the only one upset by the Belle at the well scene. At least there's that) and one reminded us that Zoso reverted back into the old man he really was just before he died, so why are all these Dark Ones still dark if they were in hell all this time? Shouldn't they all be human again now that the 'Darkness' has moved on to a new (two in fact) host? I agree that that is weird and also that having so many people afflicted by 'The' dark curse at once seems not right somehow. Not that writer's care right?

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2015, 07:05:12 PM »
Exactly and how can there be two dark ones at one time.  The fan drawing that Adam H picked this week on twitter was of Emma in a boat which I figured was on the river Styx.  I've wracked my brain for a "Greek/Roman" myth and the only thing I have come up with Peresphone and Demeter.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2015, 07:14:14 PM »
Exactly and how can there be two dark ones at one time.  The fan drawing that Adam H picked this week on twitter was of Emma in a boat which I figured was on the river Styx.  I've wracked my brain for a "Greek/Roman" myth and the only thing I have come up with Peresphone and Demeter.
So you think Hades will show up and demand to marry Emma and then Snow will make it winter until she gets her daughter back?
 -rollinglaugh-

Sorry. It's been awhile since I read that myth.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2015, 07:32:26 PM »
No -- this Snow is too wimpy. 

With these writers, who knows what will happen.  Oh, if you want to read about a show desperate for ratings go read my recap of Reign for the past two week.  I thought sex was outlawed in an 8:00 PM show

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2015, 07:59:30 PM »
No -- this Snow is too wimpy. 

With these writers, who knows what will happen.  Oh, if you want to read about a show desperate for ratings go read my recap of Reign for the past two week.  I thought sex was outlawed in an 8:00 PM show
Once has already broken that rule, both with the blatant vault sex between married (he thought he was anyway) Robin Hood and Regina, and in the episode I'm watching right now we have obvious sexual references between Graham and Regina (who held his heart in her vault at the time). I think there was also some under the cover action with Snow and Charming at some point, but at least they were married.

The icky Robin/Zelena storyline isn't exactly family friendly either.

Oh and there was not charming James and not a dude Jack rolling around in a bed as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal