Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Once Upon a Time Death Count  (Read 31586 times)

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
Re: Once Upon a Time Death Count
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2015, 06:10:20 PM »
Episode 15 -Red-Handed
Another great episode from season one. Granny is so cool, especially when she has her crossbow. The twist with Red should I think go on the list of all time best twists.

Deaths - Red kills four hunters in wolf form and then she eats her boyfriend Peter. Also in Storybrooke Red finds a heart in a box and since Regina clearly put it there, I'm going to say she gets a point for killing somebody (who whether a new one from Storybrook or an older heart from her vault - it would still kill whoever to lose it) and I enjoy giving Regina points, especially for season one where she was super duper evil basically all the way through.

1.15 Red-Handed
Red - 5
Regina 1

TOTALS Season One (so far)
Rumple 8
Regina 6
Charming 5
Red - 5
Jiminy Cricket 2
Prince James 1
King George 1
Graham 1
Sydney Glass - 1

Episode 16 - Heart of Darkness
Snow's intervention scene was very funny and the through line with Rumple and the Charmings;
Rumple (in BOTH timelines) "Let's just say I'm invested in your future." and this is the episode where he mixes Snow and Charmings hair to create the love potion (#9?)...
Rumple "Love is the most powerful magic of all."

I did spot what a assume is a goof in Gold's shop he's talking to Emma while polishing the genie lamp and a wedding band is clearly visible on his left hand, so either there is some seriously timey whimey stuff happening here that we've yet to address or the actor just forgot to take it off. I like option one!

1.16 Heart of Darkness
None

Episode 17 - Hat Trick
What a great episode. Season one is the best by far.

Deathyness - Regina kills at least three guards in wonderland by flinging them into the carnivorous maze walls. She traps more behind the last wall, but it's unclear if they die. The Queen of Hearts beheads Jefferson, but since he doesn't die I guess we can't give her a point for that one and Snow kicks Jefferson's through a window in Storybrooke, but again he doesn't die.

Also I know he doesn't die from it, but the way Regina used Jefferson and then deliberately abandoned him in Wonderland (thus separating him forever from his motherless daughter!) was pretty awful. Perhaps worthy of the most evil acts list if I ever get started on that.

1.17 Hat Trick
Regina 3

Regina 9
Rumple 8
Charming 5
Red - 5
Jiminy Cricket 2
Prince James 1
King George 1
Graham 1
Sydney Glass - 1

Episode 18 - The Stable Boy

They sure did a good job making Regina and Henry Sr. look younger for the flashbacks and I think I mentioned it already, but Cora killing Daniel should definitely figure high on the evil list.

1.18 The Stable Boy
Cora 1

Regina 9
Rumple 8
Charming 5
Red - 5
Jiminy Cricket 2
Prince James 1
King George 1
Graham 1
Sydney Glass  1
Cora 1

Episode 19 - The Return
It's a wonder Rumple hasn't killed the blue fairy yet. Such a sad episode. Auguest in Storybrooke earned some big evil cred in this episode manipulating Rumple's feelings like that. He's been searching for his son for two centuries or more and you pretend to be him until you get the dagger and then you try to control the dark one inside him with it? NOT COOL leather jacket man. ...it was a great scene though. I can't deny that.

Deathwise - we see Rumple turn a peasant into a snail and step on him and later he appears with blood on his boot and tells Bae, "We need to get a new maid." which I presume means he killed the last one.

1.19 The Return
Rumple 2

Rumple 10
Regina 9
Charming 5
Red - 5
Jiminy Cricket 2
Prince James 1
King George 1
Graham 1
Sydney Glass  1
Cora 1

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2015, 08:04:04 AM »
Finally got to episode 5 and I know the reason I had trouble with Season 2, Episode 5.  It's the Whale Episode known as "The Doctor".  Two reasons:  I hated Dr. Whale.  Doctor also reminds me of our beloved Time Lord.  It's actually better on the second viewing and really gives a lot of story.  Now on to the synposis and death count.  We have one that will be listed as a maybe.

Present Day Enchanted Forest:  Auroa, Milan, SNow and Emma have returned to the camp to find all dead. Aurora and Milan think it is an ogre attack but wait.  They're missing their hearts so Emma and Snow know that it was Cora.  Suddenly, a hand moves.  They remove the debris to find Hook (or Killian Jones as he introduces himself).  Hook gets tied to a tree with the threat of death if he doesn't reveal what he knows of Cora's plan.  He offers them the same. She has a part of the wardrobe and needs the magic compass to get to Storybrooke.  For that a quest is needed and he knows where they can find the compass.  He leads them to a ridge where they see the beanstalk.

Past Enchanted Forest:  Rumple is giving Regina a magic lesson.  While she will use magic to subdue an unicorn, she just can't take it's heart.  Rumple does and tells her that he now controls it because if you take a heart, you control that thing.  Rumple says that she needs to kill it. When she refuses because it is an innocent, Rumple tells her that nothing is innocent.  He kills it and tells her that she's not meant for his plan. 

Rumple is spinning when Regina visits.  Regina wants to use magic to bring back Daniel but Rumples says it can't be done.  Meanwhile Jefferson, who is there, overhears the request.  He knows a wizard who says he can do it.  Enter a secret meeting with Dr. Frankenstein (Whale) who needs an enchanted heart to bring back the dead.  He promises Regina that he will restore Daniel if she gets him a heart so Regina goes to her mother's vault and steals one.  She has no idea whose she takes as her mother has taken so many.  Frank tries to bring Daniel back but can't.  Can't my eye. He lies and Rumple  activates the hate that send both Whale and Jefferson out of Enchanted Forest.  Rumple is happy because he knows that Regina can now take a heart which she does when she finds Rumple with his new trainee.  No more trainee. 

Meanwhile Frank has returned to lab, tried the experiment and got life in his brother's body. He admits that science is his magic.

Present Day Storybrooke:  Dr. Whale goes tot talk to David about his search to get Snow back.  David is sure they can.  When Whale doesn't get the answer he wants, he goes to visit Regina and wants her to send him back to his land.  She tells him that the curse only allowed her to bring living and those she wanted so his brother didn't come.  Regina did brings some of her beloved dead though and it includes her father and Daniel who is under a preservation spell.  Meanwhile David has given Knight to be Henry a horse but he must care for it before David lets him ride it. 

Regina has seen Daniel on the street and found that he's vanished from the vault. She goes looking for Whale who has tried to put one of the enchanted hearts in Daniel's body only to lose an arm in the process.  Regina grabs David and tells him everything. When asked by David, "Whose heart?" Regina replies she doesn't know because there are so many.  Regina realizes that Daniel is retracking his last steps and is at the stables. Daniel almost chokes Henry but Regina arrives and gets Daniel back to himself for just the necessary second.  He asks her to kill him and she does with tears. Meanwhile Whale goes to Rumple and asks him to reattach his arm. Rumple does is Whale admist something.  Whale admits that he needs magic. 

Quotes:

Rumple: "Magic is power.  Until yoiu take the power, you haven't learned anything."
Rumple:  "Dead is dead."   "Transcending death is beyond my realm."

Emma (to Hook):  "I'm pretty good at knowing when someone is lying to me."

Foreshadowing:

Rumple has Jefferson's hat because he's supposed to get him a pair of slippers that will take him to a land without magic (ie. search for Bael and also Oz).

Totals for S2 (after 4 episodes)
Cora (village) 100
Charming 5
George 1
Rumple 1
Regina 1 (although the guy was already dead).

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2015, 02:16:58 PM »
I remembering hating Whale (and that weird B & W tie in place) too because A) Whale was a creep and B) This was the first time Once really strayed from the fairy tale genre. Now that they've done it many times the sting is somewhat gone and I actually enjoyed seeing him againin 5 when he delivered Zelena's spawn.

Episode 20 - The Stranger
This is Pinocchio's backstory wherein we learn that Geppetto is both selfish and stupid and the Blue Fairy is a weak liar. Why anyone involved thought sending a seven year old boy to 'take care of' a newborn would work in any world I can't fathom.

I can't begin to imagine what being in the foster care system is really like but I hope it isn't as bad as Once makes it look. I always thought the solidarity of an orphanage would be better than being shipped from house to house and getting your heart broken every time you're moved on. But really what do I know. Sort of like 'The Christmas Story' (foreign language Christmas film) when young Saint Nick's folks died and the town decided to swap him around every year so he wouldn't be too big a burden on any one family and he was so sad all the time, but then when the mean old man offered to take him he was happier, just because he felt like he had a place again. Sorry babbling agin.

1.20 The Stranger
Deaths None

Episode 21 - An Apple as Red as Blood

Time to storm the castle boys!
This battle scene was heck to count, but as best as I could tell Grumpy killed two fairy clearly. Snow also killed two clearly, but three more fell down when she slashed them in the gut, so I guess they're dead too. But when the fairies arrive and put all the remaining guards to sleep we don't see any dead guards on the ground at all. Granted we don't see the whole battle area, but some of those guys should've still been down.

Meanwhile in Storybrooke Regina sacrifices her last remaining magic to bring her poisoned apple over from the EF and she bakes Emma an apple turnover which (of course) Henry eats to finally prove to his mom that magic is real and that Regina IS the Evil Queen. We also get a couple of excellent Regina vs. Mr. Gold scenes which always make me happy.

QUOTE of the episode
Grumpy: (to Snow who is disarming to meet the queen) "Keep the little knife between your tuffets." LOL

Deaths
"Red you a' you got someone on your chin" = Red +1 (she probably killed more but it was off-screen)
Snows kills 5 guards
Grumpy kills 2 guards

1.21 An Apple as Red as Blood
Snow 5
Grumpy 2
Red 1

Rumple 10
Regina 9
Red - 6
Charming 5
Snow 5
Grumpy 2
Jiminy Cricket 2
Prince James 1
King George 1
Graham 1
Sydney Glass  1
Cora 1

Episode 22 - A Land Without Magic
Henry is asleep/dying in Storybrooke and within 5 minutes Emma believes in magic. In the old EF Charming battles Rumple (in his super sexy leather duds) for Snow's ring. Emma and Regina go to Gold for help and he tells them everything about how he made the curse and how he bottled true love using strands of her parents hair ect. and then he tells them where he hid the rest of the potion INSIDE Maleficent! He gives Emma her father's sword. Awwww.

Emma goes to August for help but he promptly turns back into wood.

Regina lowers Emma into the basement to fight the dragon, which she does (intercut nicely which her dad fighting the same dragon back in the EF I might add). Does that count as a point for Emma? 

In the hospital Jefferson knocks off the basement nurse and frees Belle in the hopes that Rumple will punish Regina for it. BELLE IS FREEE!!!!!!

Emma tries to use the elevator and it doesn't work. Gold appears to save her and gets her to give up the 'egg' . He tied Regina up. At the hospital Emma is told that it's too late, Henry is gone. Broken-heartedly she gives him one last (actually first) kiss and WHAM! THE CURSE IS BROKEN!!!! Blue Fairy tells Regina she'd better find a place to hide.

Gold gets true love out of the egg and Belle shows up!!! He's so shocked and so happy and so very pissed at Regina. Belle doesn't remember him at first (heartbreak for all!) He takes the potion to the town well and drops it inside... MAGIC IS COMING!

Regina smiles.

Deaths wise - Charming defeats two guards in the EF, but I don't think he killed them. He choked one of them pretty good, but I don't think he died. Graham appears briefly to kill a guard and save Charming's life and as I mentioned Emma slays Maleficent in her dragon form, but since she returns in season four I'm not sure I can count that as a point so I won't.

They really should've had Regina called out on killing Graham either in the finale or soon in season two.

QUOTES
Rump: "...I saved some (potion) for a rainy day"
Emma: "Well it's storming like a bitch where is it?"

1.22 A Land Without Magic
Graham 1

TOTALS for Season One
Rumple 10
Regina 9
Red - 6
Charming 5
Snow 5
Graham 2
Grumpy 2
Jiminy Cricket 2
Prince James 1
King George 1
Sydney Glass  1
Cora 1

Well there we have it. Season one is done and it was pretty near perfect. Sure I could've done with less of the David/Mary Margaret/Catherine thing and as I've said I think it would've been less icky if they made her his fiancee in Storybrooke as she was in the EF. And I do think someone as some point should've held Regina accountable for Graham's death (more of a season two gripe given all the action in the finale) and I do wonder if Rumple hadn't brought back the magic, would Bae have found the town anyway and everyone have been happy ever after (except for Regina possibly)?

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2016, 11:43:17 PM »
SEASON THREE

Finally started season 3!

3.1 - The Heart of the Truest Believer
We open season three with Emma giving birth in prison (accompanied by an interesting electrical phenomenon) - flash to the Jolly Roger on its way to Neverland.
Greg and Tamara (ah memories) arrive in Neverland with Henry and try to signal 'the home office' who unfortunately for them don't really exist... it's all Peter Pan's doing.

Hook muses on how long he tried to escape Neverland to kill Rumple and now here he is sailing back in with him as the guest of honor. Emma is super emotional right now.

Emma: "How can you two be so infuriatingly optimistic?!"
Charming: "It's who we are."
- I miss the infuriatingly optimistic Charmings :(

Cue adorable costume change from Rumple.
Hook: "Oh that's a great use of our time; a wardrobe change." :)
Rumple disappears with a dapper twirl of his cane.

Greg, Tamara and Henry meet the Lost Boys. The shadow (Pan's I believe it's reasonably clear) appears and kills Greg by ripping off his shadow and an unnamed lost boy shoots Tamara in the back. A boy saves Henry and leads him away. Gee I wonder who he is?

Hook gives Emma's Baelfire's dagger.
Neal wakes up in the company of Mulan, Aurora and Prince Phillip.
Meanwhile the Jolly Roger is attacked by mermaids leading to many amusing lines.
Charming; "I will not be capsized by fish!"
Snow: "Threatening her isn't the way to motivate her." to which Regina replies "Well I'm all out of fish food."
Regina: "Fillet the bitch"
Regina: "...you'll win her over with your rainbow kisses and unicorn stickers?"

Rumple finds Tamara and heals her arrow wound so she can speak. He asks her where Henry is, she begs for forgiveness for killing Neal. Rumple rips out her heart and crushes it.

Neal and company find Robin Hood squatting in Rumple's castle. Robin admits he owes Rumple a debt and Neal says he's happy to collect. Neal finds his father's old cane complete with markings where he kept track of Bae's height. ahhhhh. (tears)
Neal: "Might not always seem like it but family was important to dear old dad."
Neal opens a hidden cupboard which Rumple had sealed with blood magic. Handy. I wonder if they'll ever use this again?  :043:

Henry and the other boy jump off a cliff, proving Henry is the truest believer.

Felix (who I find I miss) welcomes Rumple to Neverland and tells him he's always welcome as long as he isn't here for 'the boy'. They don't exactly part as friends, but Felix gives Rumple a doll anyway.
Felix: "Isn't it funny how things we haven't thought of in year still have the ability to make us cry? ...see you around 'Dark One'."

A hero, a villain a pirate and a mother... stalk off to save Henry who is currently flying over the island with Pan who reveals himself to Henry.

Deaths
Pan kills Greg by ripping off his shadow (ouch).
Regina kills a mermaid by turning her to wood.
Rumple Kills Tamara by crushing her heart.

3.1 The Heart of the Truest Believer
Peter Pan 1
Rumple 1
Regina 1

Season Three Totals (so far)
Peter Pan 1
Rumple 1
Regina 1

3.2 - Lost Girl
The opening scene to Lost Girl is great! Rumple cuts off his shadow (which seems rather painful) and sends it away to hide his dagger.

The rest is pretty much useless wandering through Neverland leading to the less than startling admission from Emma about who she truly is... an orphan.

The EF part was yet more from my least favorite (mainly because it is so overused) fairy tale flashback series of Snow and Charming 'taking back the kingdom'. Soooo repetitive.  Specifically this is the one with fake Excalibur.

Also fake Belle appears to tempt Rumple. You'd think this would save the episode, but honestly even those scenes feel like filler.

I admit there were some decent scenes between Charming Rumple and Snow regarding Camelot, Merlin and Excalibur which are more interesting now that we've been to Camelot.
Rumple: (after dissolving the fake Excalibur) "Sword's a fake Dearie. Shoddy craftsmanship too, but then again what can you expect from a shepherd (you're) lucky it wasn't made out of wool."

Oh and Rumple keeps trying to get rid of the doll, but it keeps coming back so he pockets it and moves on.

Final Quote
Pan to Emma: "When we finish you won't just feel like an ophan; you'll be one!" - cut to Charming's dreamshade wound.

3.2 Lost Girl
No deaths at all. Charming gets infected with dreamshade though.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2016, 01:30:37 PM »
3.3 - Quite a Common Fairy
This one is about Tinkerbell, she 'saves' Regina from falling and shows her 'the man with the lion tattoo'. (always thought it would be funny if they revealed that ALL the merry men had that tattoo LOL). And The Blue Fairy once more comes off as nasty.

Neal uses four year old Roland to lure in the shadow and hitch a ride to Neverland where he is greeted by his old pal Felix.

Tinkerbell imo wasn't fleshed out well, mainly because her back-story is almost entirely about Regina and we learn nothing about Tinkerbell herself or why they need her to talk to Pan since they don't get into their relationship at all.

QUOTES
Pan: "Who doesn't like apples?
Henry: "It's a family thing."

Rumple to Regina: "Roast swan? That's amusing (giggle) ...you'll get that later."
Rumple to Regina: "You think you're the diner at the feast, tasting the offerings, a little love, a little darkness... what you don't realize is that you ARE the feast and The Darkness has tasted you! The darkness likes how you taste dearie. It doesn't mind the bitter. And now that's it's started the meal, it's gonna finish it. You can no more fly from your fate than can that swan... Don't be late (for their lesson) and bring that simmering rage... it's all you have."

Tinkerbell: "Snow White, that's her name? Even I think that's a bit precious and mine's Tinkerbell."

3.3 Quite a Common Fairy
No Deaths

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2016, 03:51:46 PM »
3.4 - Nasty Habits
Neal escapes from Felix
Rumple continues either hallucinating Belle or letting the shadow pretend to be Belle, whatever that was. Then he runs into Neal and they team up to save Henry, but Neal double crosses him like a moron and ruins everything. Neal is captured and Henry starts believing in Pan.

The crew find Neal old cave and his star map.

In the past dark Rumple tries to make Baelfire happy without success.  Eventually they end up in Hamlin where the Pied Piper is luring boys into the woods with his PAN flute.
What a nasty piece of work Pan is.

3.4 Nasty Habits
Deaths none. I guess having Lost BOYS for enemies means you can't run around killing them now can you?

3.5 - Good Form
Hook used to hate rum and pirates. His brother had a Pegasus sail and pre-Hook burns it! How many curses could've been avoided with a flying multi-realm ship?

3.5 Good Form Deaths
Well Hook's brother Liam Jones dies, but he pretty much does it to himself. Even Pan can't be blamed for this one.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2016, 12:03:52 PM »
3.6 - Ariel
Pan offers Rumple his favorite breakfast; eggs in a basket and later Regina shows up to save Rumple from snogging his father's shadow who was pretending to be Belle in an attempt to temp him back to Storybrooke (and out of Neverland) and then Regina and Rumple have a very entertaining conversation... what the heck happened to this relationship? It had a great dynamic and now it's just outright hatred from Regina for... I don't know/remember why.

Oh and they meet a realm crossing mermaid who will prove useful in future.

Actually the Ariel story is fairly well done I must admit, though the relationship between her and Eric is far too minimal to feel realistic.

Pan to Rumple: "I'm just trying to point out the silver lining in your cloudy life."

3.6 Ariel
Deaths - Regina force snaps the neck of a guard who fails her.

Regina 2
Peter Pan 1
Rumple 1

3.7 - Dark Hollow
We start off in Storybrooke on the day everyone left for Neverland. Belle is left behind to raise a protection spell over Storybrooke, she succeeds (excellent use of secondary characters in this episode btw), but a car bearing two mysteriously sinister men, let's just call them say John and Michael ok. Just manage to make it inside before the shield is complete.

In Neverland Rumple gives Ariel a message to give to Belle (see I thought you the mermaid would prove useful). Also Pan knows when someone leaves (or arrives) in Neverland.

Belle is depressed because Rumple said he would have to die to save Henry and she can't even help him... then Ariel shows up with Rumple's message (boy is it nice to see love in Belle eyes instead of confusion) and she's thrilled to have lines... 'er to be able to help. She uses Chip to find Pandora's box which she sends to Rumple through Ariel after a little difficulty from the strangers. Honestly this may be Belle at her best outside of Skin Deep. She was great in this episode.

Henry is fooled by Pan and Wendy Darling... not exactly his best moment.

Hook, Baelfire and Emma head for the titular Dark Hollow and fight over Emma who chooses Henry and catches Pan's shadow with little help from the guys.

(sigh) I really miss this Emma. And this Belle and yes this Regina and Rumple too. :( Even Snow and Charming seem to have more oomph in Neverland then in all of season 4.

3.7 Dark Hollow Deaths None

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2016, 11:07:29 PM »
3.8 - Think Lovely Thoughts
This is the origin of Rumplestiltskin and his father Malcolm, which as you know is one of the best twists in OUAT. It also explains why he has bad thoughts about magic beans.

The bad side is that as soon as Rumple and Regina rejoin the 'hero' group in Neverland they all (ALL!) turn on him without question and believe Bae that Rumple is planning on murdering his own grandson. Such a ridicules scene. Regina kills her husband and her father and tries to kill her mother and her step-daughter. Hook (as we just learned) killed his own father... yet it's Rumple they don't trust? Think lovely thoughts indeed. You do realize that the dark one could crush you all at a whim if Rumple let him, right?

And what's with the child selling? Malcolm says his father sold him to a blacksmith, Hook's dad sold him and his brother to a sailor and both Rumple and the Charmings lost/sent their children into another realm alone. Come to think of it so did Gepetto. What a world.

Anyway only Rumple can enter Pan's skull (rock) because he has no shadow, so the group reluctantly entrusts him with Pandora's Box; ok so moving right along... Pan puts Rumple into Pandora's box. Henry gives Pan his heart (chump) and then Regina and Emma literally? move the moon to block out all light and make the whole shadow thing an non-issue so that they can foil Pan and save the day. Well they will in the next episode anyway. For a bit anyway.

3.8 Think Lovely Thoughts
Deaths none.

3.9 - Save Henry
Great opening scene between Regina and Rumple (in prison) just before the original curse strikes where he reveals the hole in her plans in adorable sing-song fashion.

In Storybrooke Regina comes to Gold looking for a baby. He gives her one. Regina takes to motherhood like a duck to well, crude-oil, but eventually she sort of figures it out after Dr. Whale prescribes her 10 cc's of maternal love and after she hands him to his grandma who sooths him effortlessly and after she learns about Henry being the son of the savior and after she gives him up for a bit and then changes her mind foiling Pan's hopes for John and Michael adopting him. Then she drinks a forgetting potion so that she won't know who Henry really is... really?

In Neverland Pan ties up all the mothers and Regina's congenital lack of regret finally comes in handy. Heroes win. Henry's heart is restored but... oopsie! Pan swaps bodies with Henry just as Gold (recently released by Bae - HUG!!) is putting him into Pandora's Box. Also Wendy gives Tink the last pixie dust in Neverland.

QUOTES
Regina to Gold in his shop: "I need a child Gold and I need your help."
Gold: "Well I'm flattered but, uninterested."

3.9 Save Henry
Deaths? None again.

3.10 - The New Neverland
Belle reunites Ariel and Eric just as our heroes return. She's so dang happy to see Rumple again. Much hugging and kissing ensues across the board. This scene is so perfect. So in character. So happy  and once back in his shop Gold basically proposes to Belle.
 :whoo:

In the EF the Charmings go on honeymoon and Snow begins her marriage with deceit leading them both right into the clutches of Medusa. Charming is stoned and then unstoned. Yawn.

In Storybrooke PanHenry releases the shadow to wreck havoc in town. Gold cures Charming for free and Charming goes to talk to Emma who evidently skipped out on her date with Neal. Pan's shadow 'kills' the blue fairy, but sadly it won't stick. Hook hits on Tink, sadly that doesn't stick either. Emma knows something is wrong with Henry and goes to Gold for help. He takes them to the town line and then releases HenryPan across the town line where Emma confronts him with a gun. They realize what happened and try to find Henry's (Pan filled) body which is currently knocking out Regina with magic powder and PanHenry frees Felix and say the title. END

QUOTES
Emma: Sure you don't have other reasons for pushing me toward Neal?
David: Like what?
Emma: I don't know, like, keeping me away from Hook?
David: You think I'm interested in Hook? Emma, I'm a married man.

Mr. Gold: No, I'm afraid we're closed. Whatever crisis you're dealing with, I'm done for the day.
Belle: Rumple.

3.10 The New Neverland
Snow kills Medusa. I guess that counts?

Regina 2
Rumple 1
Peter Pan 1
Snow White 1

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2016, 10:56:26 AM »
3.11 - Going Home
We open with a dual scene of PanHenry crushing loyal Felix's heart and EVERYBODY actually listening to Gold who tells them Pan's plan and what they'll have to do to escape it.

In fairytale land we have yet more pointless Snow and Charming just pre-curse scenes.

Bae, Hook, Charming and Tink defeat the shadow using pixie dust, a magic coconut and a convenient fire. Does 'killing' the shadow count as a death? I guess not. Blue, who has her ankles crossed in her coffin which makes me laugh for some reason) is brought back to life by Tink's belief/pixie dust/black fairies wand/having her shadow returned... take your pick. Blue hands over the wand and now Rumple can do whatever he's going to do to swap Pan and Henry back into their correct bodies. Such a sweet grandfatherly scene.

While the rest of the crew heads off to find Henry (now back in his own body), Rumple stays behind to confront his father Pan, which ends very very badly for people like me who love Rumplestiltskin. Granted we will get him back in the second half of season three, but it was a long hiatus! ...anyway Rumple ends up in the magic canceling cuff because Pan is uber-powerful and he made the thing and instead of cutting off his hand (as Zelena will do later in the series), which is exactly what he should've done... they even gave him a sword! He grabs his dagger confronts his father who is about to kill all the main cast and he stabs them both with the dagger (was that really necessary? Rumple always said he had to die to stop Pan, but we never got clarity on the matter). No one comforts poor heartbroken Belle because they're all too concerned over their own troubles concerning Pan's curse, which hasn't gone away. But Regina (as Gold told her) can alter the curse enough to save Emma and Henry who are sent across the town line as the curse cloud covers the town.

ONE YEAR LATER - Hook appears on Emma and Henry (who seem very happy)'s doorstep and tries true love kiss, which doesn't work considering she knees him in the groin. Ah happy memories.

Hook to Regina: "His curse... can you stop it? Or should we all start preparing our souls, because mine is going to take some time."

3.11 Going Home
Pan kills Felix to create the dark curse (#2)
Rumple kills Pan and himself to SAVE THE WHOLE FREAKING TOWN! but I guess since he comes back only Pan's death counts here?

Regina 2
Rumple 2
Peter Pan 2
Snow White 1

3.12 - New York City Serenade

All of Storybrooke arrives on Phillip and Aurora's land, back in their fairytale clothes (Charming's complete with bloodstains). Phillip and Aurora betray them to the wicked witch who they'll find squatting in Regina's (really Snow's as Charming points out) castle. On the way to the castle they meet Robin Hood who smells of forest and several flying monkeys who probably just smell. Robin is thrilled to see Bae and especially Belle again. Bae and Belle take off to his father's rather large estate because they love him and want them back. Ahhh the memories of when characters were consistent.

In New York one year later Emma is on a date with a great guy who will in no way turn out to be a monkey. Hooks shows up again to tell her that her family needs her and leaves just as Walsh (her monkey boyfriend) comes back to propose and frankly she should've accepted, the monkey saved her life after all! Bad leftovers are a deadly menace.

Later Emma breaks into Bae's old apartment (Hook gave her the address) and finds pictures of herself and Henry in Storybrooke... what? She confronts Hook in the park, he gives her a remembering potion which she later takes after springing Hook from the jail where he was force fed something awful called baloney.  She decides to let Walsh off easy seeing as he's such a nice monkey... 'er dude. But he turns into monkey (shocker) and tries to kill her, but she gets him instead sort of? He is pushed off a building but dissolves into smoke so... not dead? Or is he? I lean not, but I don't remember getting any confirmation on him.

3.12 New York City Serenade Deaths - None?

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2016, 10:56:30 AM »
3.13 - Witch Hunt
In the enchanted forest - Regina meet Zelena, Zelena meet Regina - ah sisters.

In Storybrooke - Several assorted dwarves and little John are turned into flying monkeys. Neil is also presumed monkey, but we all know that's not why he's missing.

The best part is of course the ending where we find locked up in Zelena's storm shelter... RUMPLESTILTSKIN!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!

QUOTES
Evil Queen: The bookworm's right. It’s quite real. If our simian friend is any indication, then I think we know exactly who’s taken up residence in our castle. The Wicked Witch.
Grumpy: We talking East or West?
Snow White: Does it matter? Neither one sounds good.
Grumpy: One you drop a house on. The other one you toss a bucket of water at. (Snow White nods.)
Prince Charming: So, Regina, what exactly are we up against besides green skin and a pointy hat? What did you do to her?
Evil Queen: This time? Nothing. Never met her.
Prince Charming: This isn’t a personal vendetta? Shocking. Okay then, Oz aside, we stick to the original plan.

Rumple: "You never should've brought me back"
&
Rumple: "You feed the magic and it feeds on you... You feed the magic and it feeds on you..."
 ...all in the beloved Rumple sing-song.  :dance:

3.13 Witch Hunt Deaths
Regina turns a flying monkey into a stuffed toy... do monkey's count if we never see them in human form? I didn't count Walsh in the last episode because I wasn't sure he was dead. I am reasonably sure that this monkey IS dead, but does it count as a point?

3.14 - The Tower

We open with a sweet dream-sequence dance between Charming and Emma. But the rest is relatively useless to the overall plot with Charming rescuing Rapunzel who is being guarded by her own Nightroot induced fear.

There is however a powerful scene between Zelena and Rumple with the most tension filled shave I've ever seen. At the end of the episode our heroes find a spinning wheel and some golden straw and Regina seems oddly pleased.

The scene where Charming fights himself is pretty good too followed by Wicked magicing away his courageous sword. It's just the writing in the Rapunzel/nightroot story which is lacking.

QUOTES
Rumple: "All the voices in my head will be quiet when I'm... dead."

3.14 The Tower Deaths
None

Well the old dead count is getting very far with season three is it? Yet anyway. The real tragedy(some might say the turning point in the series from good to bad) is yet to come.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2016, 02:16:42 PM »
3.15 - Quiet Minds
Belle's reaction to hearing that her husband might be back from the dead was kind of... understated. At least she reminded Hook that he tried to kill her TWICE when he offers to help her research.

Belle hears someone at the door and runs to open it expecting Rumple, but it's Bae instead. Emma comes running to see him. Later Hook shows up to visit Baelfire and the reminisce over old times.

There are several shots through of Rumple running through the woods which I enjoyed and the twist with him and Baelfire was great as far at that part went.

Zelena is very creepy with pregnant Snow and Robin Hood nearly shoots Regina with an arrow as they meet for the 'first' time (memory curses suck). She sees the lion tattoo and flips out. Gosh but these two are a boring and ill-fitting couple here.

In the Enchanted Forest Belle and Neal (Bae) go to Rumple's castle to try and find a way to bring him back; In Belle's library (awww) they find Lumiere a treacherous... 'er 'friendly' candelabrum who tells them how they can accomplish their goals.  Also Neal has Emma's necklace which survived the curse journey, which Belle says proves it is TRUE LOVE (hear that Hook fans? TRUE LOVE). Later on the way to the dark vault they discuss Rumple saving the town, but really he was saving them. At the vault Belle catches onto the candle's lies and warns Bae that going through with this would be a bad idea and Bae said 'to hell with the cost'. Irony for 5b? Great. Then all the stuff at the dark vault happens and I don't really want to talk about this right now.

Overall I HATE that they killed Baelfire. He was the whole reason for the curse and in a way the whole series was build around his storyline through Rumple, Emma and Henry. But this was a very good episode imo. Very exciting and the twist was well done, I just hate that Baelfire had to die to clear the way for captain fancypants.

Belle to Bae (Neal): "I love him. All of him. Even the parts that belong to the darkness."

Bae: "Do you think there's magic in here?"
Belle: "No. Something better than magic... books."

Emma: (chuckles) Go ahead and laugh. I almost married a monster from Oz. It’s hilarious.
Neal: I almost married a minion of my evil grandfather Peter Pan. (Emma laughs) So, I know what you’re saying. (They walk on for a while) Hey, I’m sorry it didn’t work out.
Emma: Really?

Neal: It’s too late, Emma.
Emma: (sobbing) Just hang in there, please. You never even had a chance to see Henry. For him to remember you.
Neal: (labored breathing) He doesn’t need to. He just needs to know that, in the end, I was a good father. (Overhearing the conversation Mr. Gold turns around again and watches the scene. His son hands Emma a necklace.) I saved this for you to give to you again. Take it. Go find Tallahassee. Even, if it’s without me.
Emma: (sobbing) Neal.
Neal: Hey, I’ll be watching over you guys from somewhere. Promise me… (struggling to breath) just promise,… Promise me, you’ll both be happy.
Emma: (sobbing) I promise. I promise. (hugs Neal.)
Mr. Gold: (kneeling down beside his son) No, no, no. I can fix this.
Neal: No, you can’t. You can’t. (labored breathing) Thank you, papa. For showing me, what it is to make a true sacrifice. It’s about saving the ones that you love.
Mr. Gold: (sobs) No.
Neal: It’s my turn, now.
Mr. Gold: No, I don’t want to let you go.
Neal: I need you to. Please, let go.
Mr. Gold: I love you, son.
Neal: I love you, papa.

3.15 Quiet Minds Deaths
Well gee not much here excepting that this is the episode where BAELFIRE DIES!!! :( :( :(

Regina 2
Rumple 2
Peter Pan 2
Snow White 1
Zelena 1!

:( RIP BAELFIRE :(

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2016, 10:24:40 AM »
3.16 - It's Not Easy Being Green
Here we come to one of the biggest wth plot problems in Once. Zelena's parentage. She's born to Cora (before she meets Rumple on the timeline) before she has any outward magic. Her father, as we learn in an later episode, is an ordinary lowlife which makes no sense given the fact that baby Zelena (who is named by her new parents in Oz and not Cora so the rhyming daughter names are what a coincidence?) is so powerful in magic that her baby rage causes a magical realm crossing tornado that carries her to Oz where she is found by new parents whom she saves from a branch falling on all their heads. Later her new father calls her child (her new mother having apparently died) which is disturbing because Zelena is clearly at least 30 at the time (or perhaps they just weren't as successful here in making the actress look like a teenager as they were with Regina) and he calls her wicked. She leaves him (still alive I believe so the actor could come back in future Zelena stories? Although after the various curses hit he should be at least 30 years older if Oz time runs the same as EF time so maybe not) then she visits the wizard of Oz who tells her about Cora, Regina and Rumple. He warns her about the envy which eventually turns Zelena green.

She meets Rumple who is surprised to say the least that Cora had another daughter (not surprising to us given his complicated history with Cora), but takes her on as a pupil because Z is sooo much more powerful than R. Rumple's seer ability foretold that Cora's 'daughter' would be the one to cast the curse and that's why he was training Regina in the first place, but Zelena was a much quicker study. Unfortunately Zelena being (or at least feeling) unloved all her life, falls in love with Rumple in some fashion (they were both abandoned as children and felt unloved and unlovable) and thus loses all value to him since the price of the curse was 'the heart of the thing you love most' so once for Zelena that thing became Rumple... awkward. He rejects Zelena, who informs him that she has magic slippers which could've carried him strait to his son if he'd only asked. Ouch. Now it's too late as an enraged Zelena clicks her heels and leaves.

In Oz Zelena rips down the curtain and confronts the wizard who is only a circus huckster (Walsh) and not really a wizard. She turns him into a monkey and takes over his lair where she watches Rumple training Regina and finally turns all green. We learn she plans on changing the past so that Regina is never born.

In Storybrook Zelena, her cover having been blown by Rumple, confronts Regina in the diner and tells her about the sister thing and challenges her to a witch fight. There was also a funeral held for Baelfire which Rumple being locked up by Zelena was unable to attend and which I found a very hard scene to watch. What was nice in Storybrooke was when Belle was frantic to save Rumple. Ahh memories.

There is also some 'bonding' between Hook and Henry when he tells him about teaching his dad (Bae) to sail. Henry (smart kid) doesn't believe him at first, 'aren't you guys the same age?'. Hook doesn't mention selling Bae to Peter Pan, but I suppose that would've been awkward too.

The witch fight ensues. Zelena wins, but is unable to take Regina's heart because Cora taught Regina not to bring her heart to a witch fight. So I guess Regina wins on that score.

Overall this is a pretty darn good episode despite the stuff we later learn about Zelena's father (come on, we ALL thought it had to be Rumple given' the Miller's Daughter').

QUOTES
Rumplestiltskin: Consider it a test. One you failed.
Zelena: I was just trying to make your decision easier. Show you that I’m all powerful. That I’m the one who’s going to cast your curse.
Rumplestiltskin: I appreciate your efforts, dearie, but I’m afraid you just disqualified yourself.
Zelena: What? Why?
Rumplestiltskin: Because casting the curse has a price. A steep one. You have to give up the thing you love most.
Zelena: I can do that.
Rumplestiltskin: That’s the problem, dearie. The thing you love most is me.
Zelena: You think I love you?
Rumplestiltskin: I’m a perceptive soul.
Zelena: You’re insane.
Rumplestiltskin: Besides the point. Dearie, it’s okay. I know, I have that effect on women. You love me and that, dearie, makes you too dangerous.
Zelena: So, Regina
Rumplestiltskin: has the job. (He notices that Zelena’s green skin color spreads, rising to her cheek.) You might wanna get that checked.
Zelena: (angry) Forget the curse. I’ll find another way to give you what you want.
Rumplestiltskin: Unless you can take me to a land without magic I’m afraid that’s not possible.
Zelena: I can. I could have taken you there.
Rumplestiltskin: How?
Zelena: (showing her slippers to him) These slippers. The Wizard gave them to me and they can take you anywhere you want to go.
Rumplestiltskin: Wizard?
Zelena: (ignoring his last remark) But it’s too late.
Rumplestiltskin: (nervous) Who said it’s too late?
Zelena: You chose her.
Rumplestiltskin: Perhaps it was haste.
Zelena: I’m not naive. There’s only one way you’ll ever get these slippers from me. You’ll have to kill me.
Rumplestiltskin: Well, if I must. (He leaps forward but she quickly disappears in a cloud of green smoke.)
Zelena: (materializing above Rumplestiltskin) You shouldn’t have taught me all your tricks, Rumple. I’ll see you again, dearie. Next time, you will choose me. (She clicks her heels together three times and disappears in a cloud of green smoke.)

Regina: What are you waiting for? Kill me.
Zelena: I never said I wanted to kill you. I said I wanted to destroy you. And to do that I need your heart. (Zelena thrusts her hand into Regina’s chest. After a moment she withdraws empty-handed) Where is it?
Regina: My mother taught me one thing: Never bring your heart to a witch fight. Something you’d know if she hadn’t abandoned you. (Magically, Regina pushes Zelena backwards)
Zelena: (angry) You haven’t won, Regina. I will get your heart. I will get everything you ever had.
Regina: (smiles) Not today.

3.16 It's Not Easy Being Green Deaths - None.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2016, 11:23:40 AM »
3.17 - The Jolly Roger
In the enchanted forest (post storybrooke) Hook and crew (minus the Jolly Roger) are now bandits. The crew chips in to buy Hook a hooker (great family show is OUAT) who he pays off to say she had a great time. Later he's assaulted by Ariel who he betrayed earlier as we see later.

In Storybrooke Charming and Emma build a crib or at least try to. Emma asks Regina to teach her magic. Charming volunteers to watch Henry, by Emma begs off admitting that Henry doesn't think there's any fun. To combat this they try to teach him how to drive which ends up in property damage.

Oh and Zelena curses Hooks lips. Yawn.

3.17 The Jolly Roger Deaths
Well Hook does throw Blackbeard overboard, but as I recall Ariel saves him so I guess no deaths.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2016, 09:15:10 PM »
3.18 - Bleeding Through
Belle gives Regina a piece of her mind when she finds her searching Gold's shop without asking. Good on yah Belle!

Regina and the heroes summon Cora's spirit; a thing not often attempted as it requires the presence of both the murder weapon and the murderer (Snow's face lol). Cora's ghost jumps into Snow and shares her story which isn't a great story imo and I've already mentioned how having that lowlife be Zelena's dad makes no sense to me (by the way my calling him a lowlife isn't meant to say I'm on Cora's side here. They're both rather lowlifey imo). But I digress and in any case as Zelena offers Rumple a choice between screaming agony and a more... pleasant time in this episode. Said pleasant time involving meat pies and an extremely awkward yet oddly exciting make-out session during which Rumple tries to get his dagger back without success... it's probably best that he didn't turn out to be her father after all.

3.18 Bleeding Through Deaths - NONE

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2016, 11:32:01 AM »
3.19 - A Curious Thing
In Fairytale land The Charmings plan a party to announce Snow's pregnancy. Belle shows up and tells them about what happened at the dark vault. Aurora and Phillip fess up to betraying the charmings and that Zelena wants their baby; Zelena shows up to turns Phillip and Aurora into monkeys and to feel up Snow's belly.

They decide they need Rumple and plan on breaking into his castle where he's being held hostage by the wicked witch. Robin Hood has done it before so he takes the lead. They find him in a cage mumbling in rhymes and riddles. Belle manages to get through the madness for a short time and Rumple tells her where they can find the good witch of the south.

'...through the door step inside; if pure of heart then she won't... hide.'

Snow and Charming find the door and step through, but Regina's heart isn't pure enough to go through (true that!) though if you ask me some of that season four baby napping stuff should've disqualified the charmings too. Belle would've had to go.

Glenda tells them about Zelena's pendant and true love magic to defeat it. They decide they need Emma so Snow decides to kill charming to cast the curse and get back to Emma... really?????!!!!!!! Anyway she does just that and then she splits her own heart and gives him half. It's sweet in a way, but the whole plan reeks of stupid.

In Storybrooke they finally break the curse we just saw Snow cast by Henry re-believing in magic and Regina kissing him. Bringing our true love's kiss count to five (I believe)...

True love kisses
Charming and Snow - 1.1 The Pilot
Belle and Rumple - 1.12 Skin Deep
Emma and Henry - 1.22 A Land Without Magic
Phillip and Aurora - SEASON TWO
Regina and Henry - 3.19 A Curious Thing

...memories restored Hook is now in trouble because he didn't tell Emma that Zelena cursed his lips.

And in the enchanted forest we see Zelena take a memory potion so that she'll remember what happened when she gets to Storybrooke; she gives Rumple a dose too, but Neal surfaces long enough to send his true love Emma a message through Killian Jones.

Flash back to Storybrooke and Henry laying down a flower on his father's grave as his mother tells him he (Neal) was a hero. Snow (who Charming still calls Mary Margaret for some reason) goes into labor. Cue credits.

3.19 A Curious Thing Deaths
Well technically Snow kills Charming, but since she brings him back I guess it doesn't really count? Or does it?

3.20 - Kansas
In Storybrooke we open with Rumple spinning his brains out for Zelena as Snow is wheeled into the hospital.

The fairytale story is in Oz this time as Zelena meets Glenda the good witch and then Dorothy. Dorothy melts Zelena with water and then Z uses her pendant (I suppose) to re-form herself (a trick that will later prove useful again).

Glenda takes Dorothy to the wizard (Zelena in disguise) who gives her the magic slippers; Dorothy goes back to Kansas.

In Storybrooke Zelena sets up her curse in a barn and reiterates her plan to go back in time and kill Snow's mother so that Cora never gives her up. Rumple says it won't work because one thing won't change and that is who Zelena is.

Zelena confronts Emma in the middle of an argument with Hook and she tells the witch that next time she should curse the lips of someone she might actually kiss (you go Emma!). Zelena then has Rumple try to drown Hook (ah what could've been) so that Emma will have to revive Hook which she does thus setting off Zelena's lip curse and draining Emma of all her power. Whoopsie.

Zelena storms the hospital and Belle confronts her (again season three Belle is AWESOME!), Belle is knocked out again and Rumple catches her and lowers her to the floor.

The Charming baby is born and Zelena immediately takes it to her curse barn.

Zelena: There’s nothing more innocent than a newborn babe. And you, my sweet, are the most innocent of all. The product of the truest love. (places him in a bowl opposite to Charming’s sword hilt. The camera focuses on the structure using a bird’s eye view. The newborn baby points west. To Mr. Gold, who stands in the inner circle of the structure.) See, once I changed the past, you and I shall meet under different circumstances. And, Rumple, you will choose me. And I will be enough.
Mr. Gold: No, you won’t. And no matter, where you go in time, I will find a way to kill you.

Zelena starts up the curse using Gold's brains, Charming Sword, Regina's heart and the new baby. But the 'heroes' arrive to stop her. Regina suddenly finds enough light magic to knock Zelena over, which seems to be all it takes. Regina takes Zelena's necklace rendering her powerless, which Gold quickly takes advantage of dragging Zelena towards him so that he can kill her. Regina stops him because she's an idiot.

Regina: "Heroes don't kill."

Like heck they don't!

... Anyway, Regina talks to a jailed Zelena and gives her a second chance (big mistake). Gold an older wiser and immanently more pissed person turns Zelena into porcelain (in between we see the scene many Rumbelle fans hate where Belle has the dagger from Regina and he switches them, giving Belle a fake in the middle of his marriage proposal!!! Why once writers? Why? This really was the beginning of the crud that they turned my favorite relationship into in season four!!!). But Rumple's act of revenge is actually rather unfortunate since it releases Zelena from jail and her essence? returns to her pendant and we see her timehole spinning to life in the barn. Cue credits.

3.20 Kansas Deaths
Rumple kills Zelena, (as does Dorothy in OZ) but it clearly doesn't stick so no dice.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal