Non- Reality > Once Upon a Time

Once Fix-It - The thread where we try to fix the show season by season

(1/2) > >>

Outlast:
Once Fix-It - The thread where we try to fix the show season by season

Season one
Hard to improve on season one, but so far I'd just change the bit about Catherine being David's 'wife' in storybrooke and make her his fiancée instead (like she was for awhile in the Enchanted Forest). It's far less icky if she's checking out modern bride magazines in Sneezy's shop rather than pregnancy tests.

More later or possibly not.

LindaM:
Understand that but they were "sort of" married in Enchanted Forest. I hated that whole Midas story anyway.  More or maybe not later.

LindaM:
Season Two -- three episodes in we see Regina struggling over whether to be good or evil.

Outlast:
SEASON THREE
What could we do to make season three better? Well for a start, Baelfire either doesn't die or he gets to come back from the dead (you know like Rumple, Charming and Zelena got to come back). In Neverland I wouldn't change the story exactly, but there has to be a way to spice up all those endless jungle scenes and maybe Wendy could've been a better more likable character or even a real villainess rather than a wishy washy person (something that also applies to Aurora and Phillip to some extent) ... so are our heroes HEROES or not? Grey can cause drama, but it gets so muddled when EVERYBODY does bad stuff and some people are still heroes despite multiple (uncountable in Regina's case)bad actions and other still villains despite many good actions. This will of course become a huge problem in season four, but honestly in season three everybody is still pretty much in character apart from the three I mentioned so really this rant belongs in the next season, but I already typed it up so there!

Oz is kind of underutilized with the three witches and Dorothy and to a lesser extent 'the wizard' being kind of flat as characters and not showing us a munchkin or a single brick of the yellow brick road is kind of sad. 

One more thing I would change is that I would have Marian BE Marian (I know , straying into season four again... you see why I hate that season right?) and not Zelena in disguise. Robin Hood and Marian are true loves in their own right and I hate that they break them up to get Regina a man (Has anyone told the writers that not every female MUST have a man to be happy even on TV?) and all that stuff gets so icky. I know, again that's season four's problem.

Ok looking back over this it seems the only problems I really had with season three are the prolonged jungle walks and Wendy being a little un-heroic in 3a and the lack of depth in Oz and Aurora/Phillip lying in 3b. Not too shabby.

Further rantings on the horrid season four will have to wait until I get the gumption up to watch it again.

Outlast:
How about this... Can we try fixing the Zelena story?

I've often mentioned my feelings on the matter of Zelena's parentage and how her immediate powrful tornado spawning baby rage came from nothing and doesn't match anything else that we know about how magic works, so how about we start at the beginning and change things...

To start with Zelena is Rumples daughter (Certainly a popular fan theory at the time). Cora got pregnant during their little romance during 'The Milllers Daughter', but she doesn't know until after she has dumped Rump and married the royal. She decides to pass the baby off as Henry's, but his father, who knew about Cora and the 'imp' finds out... So she kills him. But when the baby is born GREEN, she kills her midwife, ditches Zelena in the woods ad tells everyone that the baby died.

Ok so to me all that works very well and makes an excellent origin story for Zelena. The question is... How would these changes affect her later life? Does that nice couple in Oz still adopt her when she's green? Does this change her relationship with Rumple? Would he even know?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version