Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Our Newest Soldier  (Read 2658 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Our Newest Soldier
« on: January 10, 2016, 10:50:45 AM »

Here is a pic of my daughter and grandson. E is off to basic training and AIT to become an Army National Guard firefighter. Our daughter is a full time national guard soldier in Omaha. We are so proud of him, and her, too.  kiss1
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 10:54:12 AM by ponytail »

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
Re: Our Newest Soldier
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 01:12:35 AM »
Beautiful picture!  How proud they must make you!  Congratulations and thank you for raising a family that loves our Country enough to serve.
Here's to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 03:00:10 PM »
Yes, it is a beautiful picture. and..imagine that....following in his Mom's footsteps...... how proud of them both you should be.
Please let them both know, ponytail, how much admiration we have here ,at our site, for their dedication to  our country.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 05:51:45 PM »
My grandson is now training to be an army fire fighter in Texas.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 12:46:53 AM »
How proud you must be of him, ponytail...and how worried, too.
What an outstanding young man he is. ...a credit to your daughter and you, too..... all those who had a hand in raising him.
Guess he's taking after his Mom....or Grandma??

My husband is a "volunteer" fireman in our town. We don't have a paid dept.
Fires, however, don't care whether you get paid or not to fight them. They are dangerous to anyone fighting them.
I'm on the Ladies Aux, and have been to lots and lots in his many years on the dept.
It's a hard thing to watch... your loved one and others you know so well climbing up the ladders and on the roofs of buildings and homes . ... any of these jobs fighting sometimes ferocious fires . Some of the worst are brush fires. ... such as the ones you see in Calif. Our brush are the Meadowlands...by Giant's Stadium. Right now is a terrible time here. The weather is warming up and it's very dry.

Again, I applaud your grandson,ponytail. I have read all your posts about your generous family...and I pray that he stays safe.

And, I am so sorry I have replied to you post so long after you put it up ... I saw this heading on our homepage and looked under gallery..... Just saw it now where you put it.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 10:42:54 AM »
No problem! This category is pretty obscure, isn't it? -Americanflag- -bravo-

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2019, 12:10:15 PM »
Love my military family! My daughter just completed an exchange in Hawaii for a month. We love that state! She had time to do many wonderful things. My grandson just completed training to become a full time Army Recruiter with the National Guard. He recruits from some of the Omaha schools.
My hubby has a wall that has all his military stuff on it that includes a flag flown in Iraq from when my daughter was there, pictures of 4 generations of military service in the army, navy, marines, and air force. Some WWll memorabilia including a picture of the destroyer his father served on, and various ribbons coins and awards. My daughter snuck some of his old slides from Vietnam and had them made into photos for his birthday this year....he will be so surprised!

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2019, 03:08:58 PM »
God Bless your family, ponytail and thank them all for their service.
How very proud you must be of your daughter and now you  grandson!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal