Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Presidential Election of 2016  (Read 1966 times)

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Presidential Election of 2016
« on: May 03, 2016, 09:02:51 PM »
I am just watching CNN and after ...all these many months, it's finally official a few minutes ago.
Ted Cruz has "suspended" his campaign !!! I can NOT believe it. I thought he'd fight to the convention. Didn't you?

So, it appears that Donald Trump will probably be our Republican nominee for Pres. of the U.S.
The only one who still is running against him is John Kasich, who has nearly not won any state at all.
I find it amazing. How do any of you feel ?

Listening to CNN, Fox.. most major networks .... they as well as I wonder... about ...everything.
Should Cruz have done this tonight. Should Cruz have waited for the convention... and, with Mr. Trump...
is this handing the election to Hillary Clinton? Or, will the Republican party rally around Trump??

I haven't been listening all night...just turned the tv on while Ted Cruz was backing down... and have so many mixed emotions right now.
I love our country... and worry about the future. I have children and grandchildren.

Trump???? Wow!

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Presidential Election of 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 10:51:50 AM »
There are 6 more months to go until the election. Anything could happen. All the pundits have been saying Trump would implode long before now, but he hasn't. And Hillary is so unlikeable... It's so odd that our two candidates will be disliked and distrusted by so many people. I worry for our future if Trump is president though. And I think Republicans will rally around him. To anyone out there still questioning who to vote for, I say ask the question, "How?" Trump has come up with many things he will do to make American great again, but no solutions, and the ones he has proposed are preposterous. Outsider status can only take you so far, I am hoping. He will (I hope) have to come up with real and substantive solutions which he has not done yet. Good Luck America!

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 05:43:56 PM »
“Donald Trump will be the presumptive Republican nominee for President of the United States.”  Try rolling that one around in your head……..ouch!  The Prankster keeps expecting Rod Serling to appear in the corner, sitting in a chair, smoking a cigarette and saying, ”they think they are holding a Presidential election.  But in reality they have just entered…..”

This is the strangest Presidential election MP has experienced.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 10:48:24 AM »
Trump was close to my last choice for being the Republican nominee but I don't think his Presidency will be the horror some people think it will be.  Remember Ronald Reagan, a Hollywood actor?  Some people felt he would be a disaster and he turned into a pretty good president. 
I know what another Clinton in the White House will do.  To me she is a known disaster for this country. 
I think most people are too fed up with government running everything about out lives. 
If it comes down to the two of them I will go for the unknown rather than the one I know is a liar and crook.

I was a Ben Carson supporter.  If he can see some good in Trump I trust Carson.  Hopefully he will help advise Trump and Trump will listen to him.

Hillary Clinton said she never told the Benghazi families that a video caused the attack.  I saw one of the mothers in tears saying she had lost her son and Hillary and Obama both told her it was because of a video and now they were trying to make her look like a liar.  Hillary was careless using her personal email to send messages to put it mildly.  She has surrounded herself as well as Obama has with Muslim advisors.  I have nothing against anyone of the Muslim faith but I do not want my children and grandchildren to some day live under Muslim law.  I want this country to remain a democracy or should I say to go back to being a democracy.  I know some of you will disagree with me but that is how I feel and you ask what I thought so there it is.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 06:06:24 PM »
What you have said proves that we do live in a wonderful country....despite this whole election debacle.
We have FREEDOM..to say this publicly, and write it here. Others on this planet do not have the same opportunities.

Right now... I really haven't decided what I want to do.
I read in several newspapers that 'they" the editors, those writing the articles....wished that someone would have the "guts" to start a 3rd party.
Who knows... it's still a good six months away.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 07:39:09 PM »
Donald Trump just announced the most important criterion for any male VP candidate:  He must have large hands.

Offline Court

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
    • The Reality Buzz
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 06:31:34 AM »
Do you guys only have the two political parties?

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 08:55:23 PM »
I would say... yes. But, there are write- ins, that no one ever considers... so ..who knows...this year might be a first!

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 12:41:46 PM »
The thing that scares me most about Donald Trump is his views on foreign policy and the military. The military especially. I have a daughter and a grandson currently serving, I don't want them to go to war. His ideas are dangerous (rules of engagement, nuclear weapons), and his alienation of our allies is very worrisome. None of the top military or foreign policy advisors want anything to do with him--he is not a man who listens to anyone else. As he said, he himself is his best advisor....Groan

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal