Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: My Pet Peeve  (Read 66687 times)

Offline Court

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
    • The Reality Buzz
Re: My Pet Peeve
« Reply #315 on: January 24, 2014, 06:30:13 AM »
Winter.... just gonna leave it at that lol

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #316 on: January 24, 2014, 07:02:31 AM »
That Court doesn't visit often enough.  Hey Court! :051bye:

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
« Reply #317 on: January 31, 2014, 08:37:30 PM »
The person that gave me that -1 karma.......how rude.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #318 on: January 31, 2014, 11:52:54 PM »
Well, I cancelled it out by giving you a +1 Prairie!

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #319 on: February 01, 2014, 09:20:27 AM »
Prairie, I think I know the source of the negative karma (not an active member). If you're interested let me know and I'll send you a PM.

IMHO, an opinion I'm sure is shared by the other active members of TRB, you bring nothing but GOOD KARMA to this site.   Have a great Super Bowl weekend!

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #320 on: February 03, 2014, 12:55:40 PM »
Running out of chips before guacamole!

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #321 on: February 08, 2014, 11:42:55 AM »
Warning:  Major Rant Alert

What the Prankster is about to discuss is far more than a Pet Peeve, it is a moral outrage.  It is about the plight of the stray dogs of Sochi.  For those of you who want to witness the pageantry and glory of the Olympics untroubled by what’s happening outside the boundaries of competition (like NBC and most of the mainstream media) you probably should not read on.

My information comes primarily from the insufferably self-righteous, pompous pontificator, Keith Olbermann.  He is on a crusade to make the public aware of what’s going on in Sochi.  Although The Prankster can’t stand “Mr. Smug” he is in complete agreement with Olbermann on this issue.

There are stray dogs in Sochi estimated to number in the thousands.  These are not rabid, wild dogs, but rather well-cared for pets who were abandoned by their owners when the Russian Al Capone and his goon squad displaced these owners from their homes in order to build Putin’s Monuments, i.e., Olympic facilities.   By most reports coming out of Sochi, these dogs are largely well-groomed, well-behaved and friendly.

The solution to this problem?  Officially, the Russian government says it has hired a firm to capture, house, feed and relocate the dogs.  The reality---Sochi has hired an Exterminator Company to kill the strays at the rate of $35 a head.  How does the Exterminator accomplish this task?  By using some sort of muscle relaxing/paralytic drugs which they place in darts and shoot into the dogs or which they put into raw meat for the dogs to eat.  The dogs suffocate to death.    One eyewitness reported that a dog on the street shot with a dart took 90 minutes to die.  That’s right----90 MINUTES TO SUFFOCATE TO DEATH!

How’s the program going thus far---not too badly from the Exterminator Company’s standpoint.  Reportedly it has earned over 10 grand so far (300 dogs) and counting.  If they work really hard maybe they can get to a thousand OR MORE before the Games end.  Who knows?

And humans have the temerity to believe we’re superior to animals?  Each time the Prankster starts to believe this, he will think of the unconscionable cruelty shown to the strays of Sochi, the mass slaughter of animals whose only sin was to trust people to care for them.

What can be done?  Not much.  The Prankster is sure some petitions must be circulating on the web but they are little more than cries in the wilderness.  The Prankster has made a donation to a local group that tries to find homes for stray dogs.  Others might wish to do the same.

Boycott watching the Olympics?  A mass boycott would probably have some effect, but that is a pipe dream.  Hypocrite that he is, the Prankster will watch some of the Olympics, although probably less than he would have otherwise.

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
« Reply #322 on: February 09, 2014, 01:40:49 PM »
Warning:  Major Rant Alert

What the Prankster is about to discuss is far more than a Pet Peeve, it is a moral outrage.  It is about the plight of the stray dogs of Sochi.  For those of you who want to witness the pageantry and glory of the Olympics untroubled by what’s happening outside the boundaries of competition (like NBC and most of the mainstream media) you probably should not read on.

My information comes primarily from the insufferably self-righteous, pompous pontificator, Keith Olbermann.  He is on a crusade to make the public aware of what’s going on in Sochi.  Although The Prankster can’t stand “Mr. Smug” he is in complete agreement with Olbermann on this issue.

There are stray dogs in Sochi estimated to number in the thousands.  These are not rabid, wild dogs, but rather well-cared for pets who were abandoned by their owners when the Russian Al Capone and his goon squad displaced these owners from their homes in order to build Putin’s Monuments, i.e., Olympic facilities.   By most reports coming out of Sochi, these dogs are largely well-groomed, well-behaved and friendly.

The solution to this problem?  Officially, the Russian government says it has hired a firm to capture, house, feed and relocate the dogs.  The reality---Sochi has hired an Exterminator Company to kill the strays at the rate of $35 a head.  How does the Exterminator accomplish this task?  By using some sort of muscle relaxing/paralytic drugs which they place in darts and shoot into the dogs or which they put into raw meat for the dogs to eat.  The dogs suffocate to death.    One eyewitness reported that a dog on the street shot with a dart took 90 minutes to die.  That’s right----90 MINUTES TO SUFFOCATE TO DEATH!

How’s the program going thus far---not too badly from the Exterminator Company’s standpoint.  Reportedly it has earned over 10 grand so far (300 dogs) and counting.  If they work really hard maybe they can get to a thousand OR MORE before the Games end.  Who knows?

And humans have the temerity to believe we’re superior to animals?  Each time the Prankster starts to believe this, he will think of the unconscionable cruelty shown to the strays of Sochi, the mass slaughter of animals whose only sin was to trust people to care for them.

What can be done?  Not much.  The Prankster is sure some petitions must be circulating on the web but they are little more than cries in the wilderness.  The Prankster has made a donation to a local group that tries to find homes for stray dogs.  Others might wish to do the same.

Boycott watching the Olympics?  A mass boycott would probably have some effect, but that is a pipe dream.  Hypocrite that he is, the Prankster will watch some of the Olympics, although probably less than he would have otherwise.

I heard about this.  I am sickened.  I was looking forward to Team USA hockey.......but now.......I am boycotting.

Disgusting.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #323 on: February 12, 2014, 06:33:30 PM »
Pax. :91:

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
« Reply #324 on: February 13, 2014, 08:09:05 AM »
I second that.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #325 on: February 19, 2014, 01:14:34 PM »
Potholes----to the left, to the right, in front---they make the Prankster go bump in the night......

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
« Reply #326 on: February 20, 2014, 08:39:18 AM »
The plow that took down our mailbox!  :41:

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #327 on: February 27, 2014, 06:32:56 PM »
Horshack's laugh.

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
« Reply #328 on: February 27, 2014, 10:08:09 PM »
Clients who throw things at me!

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #329 on: February 28, 2014, 05:59:25 PM »
Pre-storm weather forcasters warning us of another snowapocalypse.  :41:  :41:
When it happens...I'll see it and deal with it THEN !

-snowplop- -snowplop- -snowplop- -snowplop- -snowplop- -snowplop- -snowplop-

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal