Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: My Pet Peeve  (Read 67277 times)

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
Re: My Pet Peeve
« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2013, 10:37:27 PM »
Individuals who commit senseless acts of violence.

Offline Cookie Monster

• Gold Bee
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2013, 12:24:56 PM »
people who take away happiness and fun and replace it with sadness and horror

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2013, 12:20:29 AM »
Being on time for a meeting and no one else is.   :D

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2013, 09:04:42 AM »
How about showing up for a meeting that was cancelled but no one sent you the memo!   :smiley_confused1:

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2013, 09:33:42 AM »
Another lovely spring day...28 degrees, snowing, and schools closed.       :32:

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2013, 01:13:25 PM »
That darn groundhog!  :91:

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #126 on: April 18, 2013, 01:23:47 PM »
I detest most politicians but the media is number two with a bullet.  The amount of misinformation put out in connection with Boston is nothing short of appalling.  Plus, the mad rush to be first "with the scoop" could well jeopardize the investigation and arrest of those responsible.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2013, 02:30:09 PM »
Along with that...all those rabid conspiracy theorists. Yipes!

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2013, 12:31:08 AM »
I detest most politicians but the media is number two with a bullet.  The amount of misinformation put out in connection with Boston is nothing short of appalling.  Plus, the mad rush to be first "with the scoop" could well jeopardize the investigation and arrest of those responsible.
MP.. I get you.. misinformation to be first in the reporting... Makes me angry , too.   We just have too much media now that we didnt have years ago for everything. The "first with the scoop" isn't always the truth.
But,.. I honestly, now, think these abhorrent beings, and I purposely left out the work "human" , .... will be found due to media.. telling the public who thought they may have not taken any pictures worth  of anything.. but, now have gotten from "us" lots and lots of footage.
They will find those responsible. I really believe this. It's amazing what they can do now. 

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2013, 09:43:10 AM »

:bravo_2: I could not agree more.  I LOATHE politicians and the media. 

Let the investigators do their job, we do not need a blow by blow of the dirty laundry.  We do not need to hear old neighbors talk about what a "great guy" this monster was. Enough.

As I am writing this, the entire city is basically on lockdown due to this clown.  His brother is dead, as well as a campus cop.  Two more bombs were detonated.  I am turning off the tv.  I feel sick.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2013, 12:31:51 PM »
Two men terrorizing a city reminds me of the Fall of 2002 in the DC area.  The Beltway Sniper.  For weeks, two men had an area paralyzed with fear.  I'll never forget the feeling of great unease and constantly peering over my shoulder every time I got gas.  I hope they catch the rat *astard soon.  I'm normally not an eye-for-an-eye type of guy but I do make exceptions.  I'm certainly willing to make one in this instance.

I don't agree with Obama on a lot of things, but I do agree w/him on one thing-----Bostonians are a tough, resilient group.  Once the threat is gone Boston will heal and this great community will come back bigger, better and badder than ever.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2013, 02:58:40 PM »
Two men terrorizing a city reminds me of the Fall of 2002 in the DC area.  The Beltway Sniper.  For weeks, two men had an area paralyzed with fear.  I'll never forget the feeling of great unease and constantly peering over my shoulder every time I got gas.  I hope they catch the rat *astard soon.  I'm normally not an eye-for-an-eye type of guy but I do make exceptions.  I'm certainly willing to make one in this instance.

I don't agree with Obama on a lot of things, but I do agree w/him on one thing-----Bostonians are a tough, resilient group.  Once the threat is gone Boston will heal and this great community will come back bigger, better and badder than ever.
I certainly  understand your paranoia... then. How scary that must have been.  I remember that time in DC.
I have the same feeling when I travel into NY...and it's 12 yrs since 9/11.
I know that NY will probably sustain something else. "They" are not finished there.  Right now... they are building a new WTC bldg.... which looks like just another really high target to me. It's beautiful in the skyline , where I miss seeing the Twin Towers, but.... really high.
Whenever I go through the Lincoln tunnerl...I think... ??? To a show???
Terrible way to feel, but, hey  unfortunately it is the world we live in. Other people hate us for our freedoms.
So you don't agree with Obama on a lot of things.... LOL... me either..( but that's a whole other story)
and, I agree with you about Boston and it's not just Boston...look at New York....or any other area in our country.
When ever anywhere is attacked...it affects all of us. We are one. ..with our grief. One with our love of this country.
I agree with the song..."Proud To Be An American"

Offline Prairie Dawn

• Buzzified
« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2013, 04:46:36 PM »

Oh, I remember the Beltway Sniper, that was a nightmare.  Much like this moron, holding an entire city hostage.  This cretin had to RUN OVER his brother to get away after the robbery. May he rot in hell.  Either that or he can stop by my house for a BLT. I have no use for such "individuals."

I disagree with 99.9% of what Obama says/does, but he does have it right.  Boston, like NYC, is filled with tenacious people.  We will rebound, stronger than before. 

If I hear one more person on the news saying "what a great guy he was," I am going to scream.   :32:

Offline mollygurl

• Copper Bee
« Reply #133 on: April 21, 2013, 01:09:36 PM »
Sitting at a dining table with friends and everyone is looking at some device in their hand. ..I hate this.
Guess I am boring?  -loll But, I think that they are rude.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #134 on: April 21, 2013, 06:02:00 PM »
Everywhere you go people are on their phones.  Why does everybody have to talk on the phones so much? 
But my biggest pet peeve about phones is unsolicited calls.  Also when someone has a wrong number and they don't say 'excuse me' but act like it is my fault because I answered the phone.  Do they think I intercepted their stupid call and I am not in my own home answering my own phone and they are the ones who made me stop what I was doing to answer the phone when they should have checked the number or dialed more carefully?

Now that is a long question?  I hope nobody has a pet peeve about someone asking a long, rambling question. :19: :043:
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal