Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Season 6 -- Oh, why not  (Read 17612 times)

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 12:59:35 PM by LindaM »

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
Re: Season 6 -- Oh, why not
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 08:03:44 PM »
Well I'd say that was one of the better looking season posters/DVD covers they've done...but they're all pretty repetitive.

Not thrilled that all we know about six so far seemed Regina centric when Regina is kind of the worst character consistency wise. She was bad, then she was good (but not that good), she uses dark magic all the time and still does really bad things...all of which will be ignored by the heroes. Now she's killed (or tried to) her 'evil' half and I just can't see how that works. I can easily see the evil Regina killing her 'weak' half, but shouldn't a Regina without the evil have been a bit more different? Think of the Star Trek episode 'The Enemy Within'.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 08:29:52 AM »
The opening seemed a little flat to me.  No real action.  The major thing seemed to deal with Emma's death.  And Hyde even got that wrong.  Examples:

Arthur -- will sleep until Britain needs him.
Aslan -- sacrificed on the altar but returned to life.  When good gives it's life for bad it comes back stronger.

I'm sure I could think of more but right now my brain is on other things.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 05:10:00 PM »
Well I cried with joy when rumple and belle danced in her dreams and then a few moments later I threw my remote.

As for Emma and Hyde's story ...I just didn't care.

And about Regina/Zelena...I really really didn't care.

The Snow/Regina scene near the end was actually touching and true and filled with the possibility for personal growth. I wonder how on earth that made it into the show?

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 08:40:51 AM »
Adam and Eddie thought it would bring fans back.  It didn't.  Loved the Snow/Regina scene.  This may be as bad as season 2.  Did you read my post I listed?

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 02:26:10 PM »
Adam and Eddie thought it would bring fans back.  It didn't.  Loved the Snow/Regina scene.  This may be as bad as season 2.  Did you read my post I listed?
I read it. I think we can agree that the Snow and Regina conversation at the end was easily the best scene. It would've been the Rumbelle dream dance if the writers hadn't spoiled it all within seconds of all the Rumple fans like me finally feeling loved and valued again.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2016, 03:28:57 PM »
Morpheus as their son who wanted to get even with dear dad was stupid.  I started that as a good and bad piece and it became all bad quickly.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 12:02:11 AM »
I found this a few minutes ago. Nice to see the other upset fans out there venting some of their frustration.
http://boushh2187.tumblr.com/post/150992768229/my-angry-letter-to-the-ouat-writers-about-rumbelle

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2016, 03:30:05 PM »
Okay -- my new blog.

https://televisionchangesblog.com/2016/09/28/once-upon-a-time-what-went-wrong-in-season-6-premiere-part-i-rumbelle/

Excuse any typos.
I left a comment!

When I look back on Rumple's journey I can sort of see or at least fanfictionize why Rumple does what he does, but Belle's behavior completely baffles me much of the time. Her feelings for Rumple fluxuate by the minute! One minute she wants him to be a good guy and not use any magic (never mind that Regina uses dark/light/whatever magic whenever she likes and she still gets to hang out with the cool kids) and the next she's asking him to use magic. She wants him to be a hero and once he finally does it...she rejects him for no apparent reason! They get back together and they break up over and over and over again and none of it makes sense to me. The only way I can make any of it work in my head is to remember how many times Belle has been shot and bashed on the head and that she spent some thirty years in Regina's 'care'... So I guess the answer to all my questions about Belle could technically be answered by a combination of emotional trauma and brain damage? That's really the only conclusion I can draw that makes any sense of her actions.

That's me. See how I got so busy ranting about Belle that I didn't even bother mentioning anything from the season six premiere. Sorry.  -loll

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2016, 08:38:05 AM »
No -- thank you for leaving a comment.  Here's the next one.  I should have labeled it:  Where are the Charmings?

Once Upon a Time: What Went Wrong in Season 6 Premiere
https://televisionchangesblog.com/2016/09/29/once-upon-a-time-what-went-wrong-in-season-6-premiere-lack-of-charmings/

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2016, 12:03:47 PM »
This show is becoming Once Upon a Headache.  Let me point out errors from last night.

It's been years since I read the Count of Monte Cristo but this I know.  He didn't always use a sword to get his revenge, he used his brain.  Went back and checked and found that he got revenge and actually didn't dirty his hands with deaths.  All the deaths were suicides.  While he didn't get his first love, he got his true love.

Emma worrying about who she will fight?  Give me a break!  This doesn't make sense that she fears it is Regina.  Now the Evil Queen I'd buy.

Twitter got abuzzed immediately after the show about David killing his dad.  Did I miss something in the show while I was sleeping during the first 10 minutes?

Where was Aladdin?  Where was Hyde for that matter?

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2016, 12:55:53 PM »
Twitter got abuzzed immediately after the showhttps://myaccount.earthlink.net/cam/passmain.jsp about David killing his dad.  Did I miss something in the show while I was sleeping during the first 10 minutes?
Well all I remember is the Evil Queen giving Charming a coin or button of some kind and hinting that his father's death either wasn't an accident or didn't really happen. But I can't remember what her exact words were.

The whole Count sub-plot didn't fit in that well with the overall storyline for me, but hey it added a whopping FOUR deaths to our death count (I think) and we got some nice bonus Rumple as well. So I guess I liked that last part anyway.

I'm still finding the whole Regina/Evil Queen split silly as is the savior shakes plot, but I enjoy seeing Archie again.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal