Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Season 6 -- Oh, why not  (Read 17415 times)

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
Re: Season 6 -- Oh, why not
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2016, 02:30:08 PM »
I love the Archie return.

I hate the Regina/Evil Queen bit.  Lana is good but the wimpy Regina is getting on my last nerve.  And the Evil Queen could have been written so differently.

Did love the Rumple stuff especially when the EQ came on to him?  He all but said "EWWWW!"

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2016, 03:02:35 PM »
Did love the Rumple stuff especially when the EQ came on to him?  He all but said "EWWWW!"
Yeah I think my brain was trying to bleach that one out too. Should make for a nice quip from Gold when Regina finally accepts her dark self back and he can casually mention to her how he never knew how she felt about him all these years.  :D It brings back the line from the episode where baby Henry is adopted when Regina tells Gold she wants a baby and he says "I'm flattered but uninterested". :043:

Also that makes a grand total of THREE Mills women who have come on to Rumple at some point in his life. Zelena better keep baby Robin away from Emma's onion rings or she might just end up with Rumple as a son-in-law!  -rollinglaugh-

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2016, 02:15:40 PM »
So apparently Ashley (aka Ella in the EF) never told Thomas (aka Sean in Storybrooke) about what she did to her step-sister since he thought she was going to try and kill her step-sister rather than (I presume) going after her step-mother to protect her step-sister. I guess true love means never ever telling your husband how you nearly got your step sister (and her footman fiancee) killed. Although if we're being technical here, I don't recall Cinderella and Thomas being established as 'true' love because they were never cursed.

You know I dislike Hook and the reasons haven't changed, but I appreciate that he apologized to Belle, that he feels both guilt and regret over his past behavior and that he's actively trying to make better choices. See ONCE writers it CAN be done! The scene with little Alexandra was cute too.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2016, 02:20:33 PM »
I so, so, so agree.  This last episode was the best of the season. It what makes Once great.  And I've wondered also if this is setting up the ending but it won't be a school of magic.  ABC doesn't own Harry Potter.  It might be the Disney channel's version but somehow Regina needs a child for the mix.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2016, 08:13:19 AM »
WOW!  Look below.

I don’t foresee Regina moving on with another man right now. She’s just probably going to focus on her relationship with Henry, her relationship with her family, and dealing with Zelena at some point. Right now I think romance is the last thing on her mind. But we’ll see what happens when Robin Hood comes back! All that may change.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/entertainment/tv/a5944936/lana-parrilla-once-upon-a-time-interview/?src=socialflowTW

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2016, 04:23:54 AM »
About the 'twist' last night...ok, I can sort of buy Jekyll being the one who killed Mary. I assume he thought she was some pure unobtainable dove and when he realized she wasn't he snapped. I can sort of see the twisted logic in that. But why did he go after Belle on the ship? Perhaps I missed a pesky little detail somewhere, but I'm baffled on that one. Also if you look at his original crime in killing Mary, I'd call it more a crime of passion than some psychotic killer type of deal. Also if Hyde wasn't the bad guy...why was he acting like it this whole time? I know I know. Plotty plotty plot plot reasons. Ugh.

As to Belle I so wish the writers would stop trying to make her 'strong' and focus a little more on making her bright. On a good note - Emilie looked great tonight; great angry jutting chin acting there. If only she had some good dialogue points to back it up.

On the haircut...I love it! I didn't think I would, but I do. Oh how I do.  And he's stopped begging that neurotic wife of his to take him back. I'm oddly pleased about that. After all the begging, pleading, and heroics did nothing for him last season, so it's good he's trying a new tactic. Or he finally found that spine he lost. Gosh what a mess they have made of Beauty and the Beast now!

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2016, 01:17:00 PM »
I saw Mary's fall more as accidental than true murder.  Yes, Jekyll was at her when she fell but I'm not sure if she fell or was pushed.  Regarding the death(s), I know why the setup -- it allowed the heroes to figure out how to get rid of the evil queen.  Was it too soon?  Yes, there was plenty of story left to play out?  Rumple did turn good. 

Now, as to Belle, I really don't get it.  Someone on twitter last night referred to Adam and Eddie watching too much Harry Potter.  So are we to expect the baby will have a sign?  If so, Morpheus didn't have one in the dream.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2016, 04:19:13 PM »
I'm still standing by my belief that 'Morpheus' isn't related to Rumple at all. It's just too cruel even for the Once writers.

On Jekyll attacking Belle...I looked the imdb board and someone there said he was trying to punish Rumple for Mary's death by killing his wife. Still doesn't pass muster with me, but I guess that was what they were going for there? The bad Jekyll thing was just stupid imo whatever his reasons were supposed to be.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2016, 12:22:36 PM »
I heard a new theory about Rumple - what if he's already split himself in half and he has the 'weak' Rumple tied up in the back of his shop?

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2016, 12:26:59 PM »
Now that is funny!  Just how many versions of the formula exists.  If it is this common all can have some!
 -Silly face- -Silly face- -rollinglaugh- -rollinglaugh- -rollinglaugh- -rollinglaugh-

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2016, 07:55:53 AM »
This week's show was much better than episode 1 and 2.  As good as 3 and 4 -- no.  Here's what I didn't like.  They advanced the story too quickly.  Now that Evil Queen knows what to do, it looks like they're rushing toward a mid-season finale.  Yet, there will be no mid-season finale this year according to the President of ABC.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2016, 09:31:46 AM »
I liked Aladdin, was fine with Jasmine and loved Archie getting some well-deserved screentime. I thought the wicked/evil spa day at The Three Bears Spa was bizarre, but I giggled at the conversation at least.

And I would love to see what kind of weird timey whimey timeline the writers can come up with to fit all this Aladdin stuff into the Once Wonderland storyline, which is already pretty shakey wakey after the Cinderella story last week and the Will Scarlett crap from S4.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2016, 09:37:32 AM »
Uh, don't forget this is not Doctor Who. I will admit a visit from the good doctor as played by Eccleston, Tennant or Smith would be welcome. 

The whole thing was like a waking dream.  I did love Emma's talk with Henry and admitting everything.  Unfortunately, it wasn't Artie who heard everything. 

I do not like "cricket" Artie.  All he is now is a baby sitter for Robin.  Wouldn't it be cool if baby Robin turned him back to beloved Artie. And who is caring for the dog?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal