Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Season 6 -- Oh, why not  (Read 17599 times)

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
Re: Season 6 -- Oh, why not
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2016, 12:53:29 PM »
This could be wishful thinking, but is it possible that Rumple took the Jekyll potion at some point and that's why we see two different types of Rumple behavior in the scene at the dock with Belle where he is harsher and in the shop with Belle where he's sweeter. And it might also explain why Rumple seemed uninterested in EQs advances last week and totally into it this week. Like I said, probably wishful thinking, but I would appreciate it if characters behavior was explainable without having to fanfiction up reasons for why they do what they do.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2016, 08:44:38 AM »

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2016, 08:09:34 AM »
Did I see Ruby in the commercial for the next show.  Those red heels when Belle went into labor made me wonder.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2016, 07:52:43 AM »
New theory...Rumple is still asleep in Morpheus' dreamland and the 'Rumple' we've seen through most of season six is actually Morpheus himself disguised as Rumple for some nebulously nefarious reason. This theory is based on a spoiler I read about Morpheus coming back to the show soon.

And I still think he's not their unborn son! (hopes violently that she is right)

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2016, 03:18:55 PM »
Did you see the 'leaked" stills for the mid-season ender.  Snow and Charming (in full ruler mode) with Emma beside them dressed as royalty.  Henry is a knight.

There's something about Aladdins' lamp, EQ making a wish and things changing (not necessarily for the better).  With the wish all must pay a price and Belle plays into it. 

And didn't they say they would stay in Storybrooke this year?  That looks questionable also.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2016, 04:29:10 PM »
Well all that sounds interesting. Hopefully it will be!

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2016, 10:25:55 PM »
Well that was a mess wasn't it?

At least we got confirmation that Rumple's mother WAS a fairy. The big bad Black Fairy at that. So I guess that means BOTH his folks were into kidnapping/luring children in some kind of twisted logic because they abandoned their own son.

And how come Zelena was this big bad wicked witch who Regina couldn't defeat without a bs sudden white magic burst and now EQ can kick her butt all around the barnyard? Couldn't we just go ahead and kill her off already? She hasn't added much to the show since season 3 and they'd do well to erase everything that happened with her in season four. Better yet just erase season four!

And please note that Hook and Emma were not helping Belle, they were using her to help themselves because they want to find out more about Emma's visions.

Great job Belle. Send your only child away. Abandoned children never grow up to be evil power hungry beasts...oh wait.

I don't even want to talk about Rumbelle stuff right now because all this crap makes me crazy and I'm sure you're as tired of reading it as I am of watching it!

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2016, 01:17:58 PM »
My sentiments:

The Black Fairy as Rumple's mom was a bunch of crock.  Come on now!  He knows she's his mother and still did all he did.  I know he was traumatized by the Pan bit and I know he was raised by the Fate spinners but even this was a little big "much" for me. 

If Rumple had been honest with Belle, would it have made a difference?  My thoughts are yes.  My thoughts are are get that "man who says he's her son" out of her thoughts.  The one shining thought I have of the whole Belle sends her son off thing is that she told Blue to bring him back when it was safe again.  Maybe Rumple can change.

EQ is an idiot.  She wants love (from Rumple -gag) enough to kill her own sister and leave the baby motherless.  Who was going to raise Robin anyway -- her?  No way.

Aladdin as genie probably got lost in the shuffle.  Can an ex-Savior become a genie that can do evil.

Okay -- regarding Zelena.  She has to stay around.  Robin is supposed to return and he has to bring peace between the sisters.

And how many new episodes do we have left?  One or two?  Usually there are 11 and I don't see next Sunday's being the finale.  It's a set-up for the finale. 

I wonder what type of drugs the writers are on.  Maybe they should be taken away.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2016, 09:33:11 PM »
"What have we done to each other?"

...FINALLY! ...Too bad that like every other bizarre mood swing Belle seems to have this one will probably flip flop again too. All I want is a reason Once writers. Just write a story that makes sense instead of flopping around from ooh we need Rumple dark here so have Belle yell at/accuse/threaten to leave him... oh now we need him sympathetic so make Belle see the good in him/come back to him. Really the sad thing is that this reunion has been something I've wanted for years now and they finally bring it and Belle is back on board with Rumple the same way she's always out on Rumple... without explanation. Last week she did and said the worst things to Rumple that she possibly could and this week before Rumple even gets a chance to explain anything...she is all 'what have we done to each other?'.  :41:

I really shouldn't complain because like I said this is what I've wanted for a long time, but as a big Once fan who has rewatched the show far more than I should (except for S4) I still feel like Belle should've never left Rumple. She was the perfect link between him and the heroes that could keep him as the gray character we loved, keep him from going full dark, always be the speck of light in a lifetime of darkness. Rumple could still do dark things, heck Regina still does from time to time, but he needs that balance to keep him relatable without making him some namby pamby hero type which isn't I'm sure as fun to write as the snappy bad guy dialogue. I prefer him darkish myself, he's more fun to watch that way, what I don't, haven't and won't enjoy is this relationship mellowdrama they've forced onto a couple who as confirmed true lovers should've been able to find their own path together without constantly fighting/lying/hurting each other!

Enough babbling. LM you really don't even need to read that.

As for the rest of it...I thought Castle Charming was stunning and the older Charmings were done about as well as you can without extensive make-up (nothing wrong with hiring older actors ABC. You don't expect Ginny to play herself at ten and I don't think it would be weird at all to have an older couple who looked vaguely charmingeske playing the roles. Just saying) It's always fun to see golden Rumple chew up the scenery, he was definitely the highlight for me. Henry as a knight was cute too.

Aladdin makes a good genie. The jury is still out on those appletinis though since I don't think anybody actually drank one.

The Regina/Emma dream? adventure didn't work as well for me, probably because seeing Emma as a coward type was weird. I was surprised that they didn't escape the dream? (really where the heck are they???) place in this episode.

Like that the EQ is now a snake.

What the heck is up with Morpheus/Gideon/cloak man? How does grandma-Stiltskin fit into all of this. If he really is/was Rumbaby than how did he talk to his mother from the womb and why?

I can't think of anything else to say.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2016, 08:25:36 AM »
You know I don't mind your rant.  I see hope with the Rumple/Belle situation.  They have a quest to do now and a quest will either enhance a relationship or destroy it.

I actually loved the scenery in dream Enchanted Forest but hated the storyline.  And how does every Rumple know everything.

Watch for an article.  We have the Black Fairy of evil right?  Shouldn't there be a counterpoint oh like the White Guardian of Doctor Who.  I'll write it when I can.  On my way out on crisis right now.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2016, 11:09:12 AM »
Article one:  Rumple and Belle

Once Upon a Time:  Rumple and Belle Mid-Season Report https://televisionchangesblog.com/2016/12/05/once-upon-a-time-rumple-and-belle-mid-season-report/ … via @wordpressdotcom

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2016, 08:25:20 AM »

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2016, 10:30:10 AM »
 -rollinglaugh-

Love it!  But I thought you didn't do twitter.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2016, 06:44:32 PM »
-rollinglaugh-

Love it!  But I thought you didn't do twitter.
I don't. I followed a link from IMDb where I lurk.  :d030:

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2016, 11:43:32 AM »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal