Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Sept. 11th, 2016  (Read 1084 times)

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Sept. 11th, 2016
« on: September 11, 2016, 01:17:50 PM »

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
Re: Sept. 11th, 2016
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 03:24:09 PM »
I will always remember!

For me, the day had clear blue skies.  There was a light mood on campus as the band prepared to play at the "College Coffee" we have every Tuesday.  Kate and I was sitting in my office and she answered the phone. She handed it to me and said:  "It's your mom and she's upset."  Mom wanted to know if we had the television on.  I said no why.  Mom:  "A plane just flew into the World Trade Center."  I said:  You're kidding right?" and she said no.  Well Kate and I didn't waste any time in getting the television into my office in time to see the second plane hit.  We were in shock and watched from the second floor as the chaplain ran to stop the band heading to the celebration as it changed from a celebration to people hunting for television and confirmation.

I spent that day worrying about former students and friends in New York.  When I heard from Travis, he told me that he, Connie and the rest of his crew were safe.  He told me my connections at One Life to Live and All My Children were fine. Dan finally got a cell line out about 10:30 reporting in.  Kim was fine and the rest gradually reported in.  While I lost no friends, I realized that life was short and our country wad thought we were safe. We weren't.  National pride though came through.

Today, we had someone get sick at church and I was the one who called 911.  I waited outside to get them to her.  There was about 10 people outside or in the area helping.  We all thanked them for helping our friend but we also thanked them for all they do.  They appreciated it and said that today was hard for them to.  Remember that on 911 and all the time.  Offer the first responders respect and thanks.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Sept. 11th, 2016
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 12:43:11 AM »
Rather than recopy and post my 911 experience, I will give you the link to read it if you haven't ever done so.
I do think most of our members already have read mine.
All you have to do is change the year , my experience is still the same, and the twin lights shine over the Hudson River in New York again tonight.
How can we ever forget? We can't and we won't

http://the-realitybuzz.com/index.php/topic,1489.0.html

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal