Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: New Bee  (Read 2267 times)

Offline Whitesox71

• Gold Bee
New Bee
« on: January 01, 2017, 07:29:07 PM »
Hello Everyone.
I am new to your site and just wanted to let you know a little about me. I am from Illinois. I am married and my husband is retired but he goes to our local no-kill animal shelter and walks dogs 6 nights a week. We have 4 dogs and 1 cat. I was a volunteer for a little second hand store that benefits our shelter but I just had to give that up because my hours at my job changed. I work at a factory that make parts for guns. Most of our contracts are with the government because our parts are used to make military weapons. I used to work 2nd shift but I just started working 3rd and I am having a hard time getting used to those hours. I have been there 5 years and it is only 4 miles from my home. I live in a very small town. There is only a little over a hundred people. I am on our town board and we meet once a month. I am the only woman on the board which makes it pretty interesting! For the past 2 years, we have been extremely busy at work, so I worked 6 days a week. Sunday was my only day off which was a busy day because after church I would grocery shop and do laundry and try to catch up on all the things I neglected through the week. I belong to a women's group from my church and we meet every Tuesday morning for 3 hours every week. When I do get any free time, I like to read and play games on the computer. I use my computer for Facebook, a little online banking and to play games. I don't get to watch as much TV as I used to but I do watch Young and Restless and Bold and Beautiful every day. I am glad Nashville is coming back and I guess I have to subscribe to Netflicks so I can watch Gilmore Girls. I do like some of the Reality shows but would enjoy them more if they would have new people on instead of bringing back the "oldies".
I hope that helps you know me better. I recognize some of the names here from past sites and hope to get to know everyone. This is a really nice site and I am so happy to be here. If anyone has any questions, please ask. :051bye:

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
Re: New Bee
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 02:25:46 AM »
Hi Whitesox71,
I don't know if you will know me by my name I use on here but I used to go by Bsnow on The Hen House.  I decided to change it because someone told me that when they first saw it that thought it stood for Bull S*^@ now instead of B Snow. 
We are so glad to have you hear and hope you enjoy it as much as we do.  Each month we have a Beehive Challenge with about 16 games to see who can win the most points.  It's just for fun and we enjoy competing against each other. 
Be sure to explore our forums to see if there is anything you are interested in. 
We have some things in common since we both belong to a womens group at our church and I enjoy Facebook and spending spare time on the computer.

If you need anything or have any questions about the site you can message me, bacali, Court, or Ponytail. 
Again, welcome to our site.
Snowbird
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 10:17:39 AM »
Welcome Whitesox, thanks for joining us. We have a little something for everyone, and if we don't we will find a way to do it! Our gallery has pics of some of our members favorite people, places and things and we have a great post game forum if you want to get a little wacky. Feel free to start a topic that interests you!

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 11:32:04 AM »
Hey Whitesox.  Welcome.   :051bye:

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2017, 01:06:53 PM »
Welcome  :)

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 05:06:41 PM »
Whitesox, I'm so glad that you posted a little bit about yourself.
As you see, we have a great group of gals here, ...at least I think so.
Everyone is always friendly and willing to help you in any way you may need.

When you come on .... try the "Post games", as ponytail suggested. These games are fun and once someone starts in posting ....someone will usually answer with a post.

We welcome your competition in our "Beehive Challenge" , which, as I've explained to you, runs monthly.
All is explained if you run down all the threads in our forums. Any questions, like Snowbird posted...just ask.

So...again welcome aboard. Glad you are enjoying yourself so much.   :039:

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 11:14:26 PM »
yes welcome!  Glad you like the arcade games but I think no one told you I  :'( a lot when people steal my trophies!  I stomp my foot and say WHA????  Outlast used to steal all my Mahjong trophies and I stole them back but now you are stealing them!!!    Well STOP IT!!! 

(ok ok ok  I hope you know I am teasing! )   :57:
Here's to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.

Offline Whitesox71

• Gold Bee
Games
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 10:58:07 PM »
Hi trouble 405,
I love the games here but I especially like the Mahjong games. I play them over and over trying to improve my score. My favorite one here is the Asia Mahjong which I had never seen before. Outlast is very good and keeps beating me on that one. I keep coming back and trying but it is getting very hard to catch her. Those little faces all began to look the same and it makes my eyes water when I play it. Love the competition! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal