Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Once Upon a Time - Season 7 Prospects  (Read 23838 times)

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
Re: Once Upon a Time - Season 7 Prospects
« Reply #120 on: January 09, 2018, 09:36:18 PM »
How on Earth could they be 'cautiously optimistic' about renewal when they have been dragging the corpse of this show through the mud for years? They need to pump some more oxygen into the ABC studios because those people haven't been thinking strait since maybe season 3a.  :c029:

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2018, 02:22:00 PM »
Well, do you want to watch What's My Line????  ABC needs to have a new president.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #122 on: March 04, 2018, 10:46:08 AM »
Well that was at least better than the last couple. Stuff happened and it mostly made sense (at least as much sense as Once is capable of making these days) and the emotional beats hit home for once.

A few quick jabs...
Robin... so I guess the show is just going to gloss over her being 18, while Zelena looks exactly the same (without having any magic remember) and everybody in the other realm is aging slower I guess? It's all so confusing and frustrating that they just hand wave it all away instead of letting characters age properly.

Rapunzel...shows absolutely zero love for Ivy until Ivy is dying at the hands of Goethel. This annoyed me purely because they didn't take the time to seed in a few specs of love between Rap and Ivy before this. They could've had Rap being obsessed with saving Anastasia and taking Ivy for granted without the little jabs about how Ivy 'never did anything to deserve it (love)'. I liked that Rap was willing to save Ivy (as a mother should see: Zelena), but I don't think the show earned that moment by planting the seeds before hand. Am I making any sense there?

Mothers and daughters and sisters... I can't be the only one that wanted to smack Robin (ungrateful brat) and Regina (seriously 'we all experiment at that age' hands Cora's spell book to teenage niece?!).  #4846

But there were several very nice moments between the various mothers, daughters and sisters that I really liked, which helped.

Goethel has been a great villain. Even if I'm annoyed by a lot of season seven's nonsense, I'm glad we got to meet Goethel because she's been fun. Don't go redeeming her in some ridiculously hand-wavy fashion 2 minutes before she dies please!

Also Rapunzel had a huge point that it's dumb that Regina got to be redeemed so quickly after everything she's done to get what she wants. I'd have to check our death count for exact numbers but as I recall Regina was #1. Rapunzel's (if we still bothered to count this season as cannon) count is only at 3 or something, unless I'm forgetting a couple of villages she mass slaughtered. It's always been a problem on this show that the minute someone shows any regret all the heroes just jump all over them shouting 'redeemed' before the villain even does anything to try and make amends for their long held evil ways. Going from villain to hero shouldn't be as simple as flipping a switch or putting on a new hat. It's a journey and one the show never really allowed Regina to take and her character suffered for it I think.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #123 on: March 04, 2018, 02:15:10 PM »
 Actually liked this episode and didn't fall asleep.  I have another raging sinus infection.  Loved the mother/daughter things.  Loved the sisters had the bar together for a while.  I wonder who's gloved hand grabbed the blood reports. 

Regina/Zelena/Henry/Jacinda/Lucy -- hospital room.
Ivy -- with New Hook and Gold

Who was it?  We've met the person already it was said.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #124 on: March 06, 2018, 10:32:10 AM »
Oh, and did you catch Zelena's nickname for Hook 2 -- Nook -- New Hook.  She had seen the other one sheriffing before heading out to new enchanted forest.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #125 on: March 10, 2018, 11:29:56 PM »
I actually like the new Nook name for Hook. Much simpler all around. Granted I still think having a 2nd wish Hook is stupid and I'm still not wild about having new versions of characters we've already met either. 

I do enjoy the new villain in Doctor Facilia (sp?) though. And Goethel has been fun. Alice had her moments early on. Otherwise season seven has been a bust.

As usual. :D

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #126 on: March 11, 2018, 04:13:16 PM »
So agree but unsure of how I like Dr. Facilitator as a love interest for Regina.  She and Robin deserve to be together.

Did you hear that Cruella has been seen in Seattle along with Jennifer?  I know an open invitation was issued for all former cast to return and "Granny" posted a picture that she was there filming.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2018, 08:59:39 PM »
It's pretty unclear to me how many of these former cast-members are actually filming something for the finale and how many were just attending the wrap party. It would be nice to see all these people again however briefly, but it's hard for me to believe they will give anything other than a passing cameo to Granny or original Cinderella (i.e. the one who doesn't suck) or even the dwarves. At this point I'm just hoping for #1 a Rumbelle & Baelfire reunion (albeit in Once heaven) #2 that the finale will have as little to do with the season seven plot as possible. Wrap up this HH stuff asap and get back to Storybrook and at least try to recapture the magic that Once once had.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2018, 09:21:05 PM »
There seems to be someone over on twitter that implies that the season 7 cast (except for original characters) will not be in the finale and imply that season 7 is a dream.  I don't think they will do that but remember the last season of LOST.  They swore no purgatory and we got it anyway.  I'm not buying anything on twitter unless i now the source and I didn't now that one.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #129 on: March 12, 2018, 06:41:34 AM »
To be fair to the Lost writers I think what they promised is that the island wasn't purgatory and technically that's correct. While I did think it was odd the way they wrote that part, ultimately I wept like a baby when they all met up in the church at the end. Although most of those tears were probably for the ending of the island story which was running parallel to the purgatory stuff. When (spoilers) eye closed at the end... :03:

Convoluted or not that ending hit home and I can only dream that the Once writers can do the same.

I hope the Twitter person is right about the ending getting away from the season seven cast. That sounds great to me!

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #130 on: March 15, 2018, 02:19:05 PM »
Last three episodes

Who Is Henry Mills
Homecoming
Leaving Storybooke.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #131 on: March 18, 2018, 10:08:14 AM »
If I have to suffer through an episode of Nook stumbling around making one bad call after another...at least I got plenty of Rumple to keep me happy. I especially enjoyed the Imp Rumple bits.

Poor Tilly is getting framed.

Do you guys kind of like Henry and Ivy too? There's certainly something there. Too bad this show doesn't care about good storylines or chemistry. If they did then Emma would still have Bae and they'd still be in Storybrooke making yin yang babies.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #132 on: March 18, 2018, 02:32:00 PM »
Okay -- leaked picture (by Colin) that looks like Gold's story with him kneeling down to catch someone.

Sean is back in Vancouver and seemed to imply for work.  Robin/Regina reunion.

Keep Lucy and older Henry, dump Ella and the rest and I'd be happy.

Ivy is not long for the show.  Did she slip Henry the drug to wake him up.

Nook is sort of a bumbler isn't me.  Yes, Tilly is being framed but by who.  I was thinking the New Orleans crew but also maybe Ivy.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #133 on: March 22, 2018, 07:57:10 AM »
 :08:

I knew it would happen.  Josh, Ginnifer, Jennifer, Emile will all reprise their roles on the two hour over two Friday episodes of Once as it closes it doors.  Jared and Bev (Granny) will do episode 20 and the rest will be back for 21 and 22.  And get this!  Pan is back also.  Our beloved villian -- Young Pan.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/03/21/once-upon-time-morrison-dallas-goodwin-de-ravin-series-finale/

http://tvline.com/2018/03/21/once-upon-a-time-jennifer-morrison-returns-series-finale-emma/

And the one Emile put up.

http://deadline.com/2018/03/once-upon-a-time-series-finale-ginnifer-goodwin-jennifer-morrison-josh-dallas-emilie-de-ravin-return-1202350917/

Josh Dallas, Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Sean Maguire (as Robin Hood), Victoria Smurfit (Cruella de Vil), JoAnna Garcia-Swisher (Ariel), Robbie Kay (Peter Pan), Lee Arenberg (Grumpy/Leroy), Keegan Tracy (Blue Fairy/Mother Superior) and Tony Amendola (Geppetto/Marco) are confirmed to return for one or both nights of the finale, while Jared Gilmore and Beverley Elliot will reprise their roles as Younger Henry and Granny in Episode 20 flashbacks.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #134 on: March 22, 2018, 05:28:01 PM »
Firefox sucks! I lost my whole post!  -SPLAT-

Trying again. I really am happy that Josh, Ginny and Jennifer are coming back. Emilie was expected, but I'm happy to have that confirmed. I only wish they'd do the right thing and bring back Bae too. Bae and Rumple having a last moment is somehow even more important to me than Rumple and Belle.

I'm happy to see papa Pan back, but confused at the same time. How are they bringing back Cruella (dead), Pan (River of Souls Dead) and Robin Hood (obliterated Dead)? This had better not be some kind of 'wish realm' nonsense again!  #4846

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal