Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Celebrity Allegations  (Read 2791 times)

Offline Court

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
    • The Reality Buzz
Celebrity Allegations
« on: November 09, 2017, 07:16:05 PM »
With all of these allegations coming to light of sexual assaults happening to celebrities by other celebrities I thought we could use a place to discuss our opinions on it all.

I'm so glad that people are finally coming forward with the cruel acts that have been done to them. I wish it had of happened sooner so others did not have to go through this. 

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Celebrity Allegations
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 08:07:23 PM »
I totally agree with you. But, I'm sure not all people feel the way we do .
Again, my own husband had his say ...saying how ridiculous all these allegations were coming out after all these years . Sometimes I can hardly believe how different we feel about things.
I had to explain to him just how these victims actually felt. And, besides our own daughter,  he now has 4 granddaughters whom I'm sure he would never want to be put in any compromising position. I sort of had to hammer his brain. I think it sunk in!!!!
With so much division in this country with the current President and the shootings /terrorist attacks so more often now a day,....all news that makes me sick. It's wonderful that 'finally" something good is happening.
This has been going on for decades and decades.... this harassment. And, it doesn't always have to be against women...it happens to men, too.
Now, I truly hope that anyone in the workplace , ...anywhere, will finally" think " before putting their hands on someone or intimidating another person.
These assaults are not just about sex, they are about power and abuse. It has to stop NOW !!!!

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 02:54:03 PM »
I honestly think that it is only now that women/men can feel that they have an advocate in the American people.  I've been watching Leah Remini's show on A & E and some of the stories she has presented make me cry.  These stories, along with the casting couch, allegations are a long time in coming.

Let's face it.   The casting couch has always been a topic with movie stars saying it was the only way to get ahead.  The problem is that it went "beyond" the couch and consent to force or even threats.  I know Weinstein, Masterson, and others say that they "didn't do it."  With multiple charges, can we accept that.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 10:21:31 PM »
I have always heard about the casting couch in Hollywood.  It is a shame that this sort of thing goes on.  It should have been stopped a long time ago but unfortunately women were either afraid to come forward or didn't want it to ruin their careers.
That is why it is so important to report these incidents when they first happen to prevent other women from going through the same thing. 
Someone I know of married a man who tried to molest her granddaughter.  She didn't believe it at first but his own daughter told her he had done the same thing to her.  Instead of having the courage to go through having him arrested and a trial she just divorced him leaving him to prey on his next girlfriends children.  By the way, his next girlfriend had granddaughters too.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 11:02:42 PM »
As, we all have known of this type of behavior going on, for years, in Hollywood ( the casting couch) and it's been going in many workplaces..., maybe one of us has had this happen to them. ( I hope not)
My question is : Is anyone surprised at the people who now have allegations against them?

Offline Court

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
    • The Reality Buzz
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2017, 11:35:30 PM »
The allegations against Charlie Sheen didn't surprise me. He has always been a bit of a perv. Neither did that Ed guy, I think he was on Gossip Girl. Something about him always gave me a creepy feeling.  A lot of the other people I didn't really know who they were before this.

Although I'm not a fan of Corey Feldman, he HAS been saying this stuff happened for years. I'm glad he is finally being heard and believed.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 02:07:47 PM »

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 05:22:55 PM »
When I hear of actors, such as Kevin Spacey, and Dustin Hoffman.... whose son also had a incident with Kevin Spacey.... and this comedian, CK and all these high profile producers ... somehow, I am not as totally surprised as when I hear of Former Pres.George H.W Bush.
He is the one who has made me feel the most disappointed.
When the first allegations, against this 93 year old former Pres., game out a few weeks ago ago....it was said.... he "patted" different bottoms affectionately.... because in his wheelchair, this is the part of the woman's body he could reach. Pres. Bush even has given an apologetic statement, giving credence to these facts.
But, now we are up to 6 allegations , one being a woman who says he "grouped " her back in 1979 when she was only 16. He was NOT in a wheelchair , then.
Anyone can google all the words being said now in respect to any of these incidents.
I just find it very sad.
We have respected Pres. Bush, as we also did Bill Cosby.
And, although, we have VERY different situations here... both tend to deal with men taking advantage of their status and disrespecting woman. All these situations do.
I am sorry that years of careers are so destroyed with any of these men we are reading about  today.... but, they have all done it to themselves.
And, I am overjoyed to hope that this now is the beginning of ending this type of behavior for all....and I say ALL.. .women and men who are ever put in any type of compromising situations!

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 07:39:50 PM »
Speaking as a man who respects women and has never done a single thing with/to a woman that was against her will (there are quite a few of us out there), the women who have been victimized by and come forward against the famous and powerful should be applauded for their courage.  Any man who commits sexual harassment/sexual assault/rape is a despicable human being and should suffer appropriately for his acts.  That being said, if this is the beginning of a backlash against sexual harassment/assault in the workplace (and beyond?) there is a long and bumpy road ahead.  Roy Moore might well be elected to the US Senate despite apparently credible allegations of criminal sexual predation by two women.  Also, despite allegations of sexual harassment/assault from 16 women, didn’t we elect the accused Pres….oops!  MP forgot, all of them lied.    Just to be bi-partisan, Hillary Clinton often led the charge to investigate and publicly discredit the women who accused her husband of sexual assault.  The media often acted as co-conspirators.

When the applause dies and the media frenzy feting the victims and condemning the victimizers is over,  will the #metoo movement initiate a tsunami that cleanses society of sexploitation?  MP is skeptical.   Booray for Hollywood is not even the tip of the tip of the tip of the iceberg.  Sexploitation is a deeply rooted, pervasive, complicated social problem.  It has been around since the dawn of the homo sapien species.  MP believes the problem results from a complex interplay of biological and cultural factors.  The ultimate solution involves changing the behavior, hearts and minds of the vast majority of men (most of whom are not sexual predators) and, IMHO, more than a few women.  That will take a long time, if ever.  The thirteenth, fourteenth and fifteenth amendments were passed between 1865-70.  One hundred years later the Congress had to enact the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act to guarantee freedoms at the state level already guaranteed by those amendments at the federal level.  Can anyone argue today that race-based discrimination no longer exists in American society?    Men received the federal right to vote in 1788, women in 1920.  Will a solution to the sexploitation problem require less time?

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 07:56:09 PM »
In answer to your last question, MP, :

"Men received the federal right to vote in 1788, women in 1920.  Will a solution to the sexploitation problem require less time?"

All I can say, for all the people ...is I hope to God it does. ( take less time)

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 09:50:42 PM »

"Men received the federal right to vote in 1788, women in 1920.  Will a solution to the sexploitation problem require less time?"

All I can say, for all the people ...is I hope to God it does. ( take less time)

To paraphrase the late, great Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.:

"I have a dream...of the day when a woman is not judged by the beauty of her face, the size of her boobs  or the curve of her arse, but by the content of her character."

One thing MP loves about America is that her people, despite their flaws, always strive to DO better, to BE  better.  As long as that applies to sexploitation, there is hope.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 09:57:47 PM by Merry Prankster »

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2017, 11:36:11 PM »

To paraphrase the late, great Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.:

"I have a dream...of the day when a woman is not judged by the beauty of her face, the size of her boobs  or the curve of her arse, but by the content of her character."

One thing MP loves about America is that her people, despite their flaws, always strive to DO better, to BE  better.  As long as that applies to sexploitation, there is hope.

Amen!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal