Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Preacher--AMC  (Read 2282 times)

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
Preacher--AMC
« on: June 24, 2017, 08:50:03 AM »
Preacher is a TV adaptation from the comic book of the same name. There are three main characters:

Jessie Custer, the Preacher, a former bad-ass who is trying to reform with mixed success.  He shares his body with Genesis, a supernatural being of good and evil whom Jesse can call upon to fulfill the occasional superpower requirement.

Tulip, Jessie’s ?ex?-girlfriend who is quite the bad-ass in her own right.  She is MP’s favorite character.

Cassidy, a ne’er do well, rowdy Irish vampire.

Season one ended with the revelation that God had left Heaven for Lord-knows-where (sorry for the bad pun) and the quasi-Apocalyptic destruction of the small Texas town where Custer was the Preacher.

As Season 2 opens, our three intrepid semi-heroes have set out on a road trip in search of God. Unbeknownst to them, they are being pursued by The Saint of Killers, a very bad-ass demon summoned from hell by two semi-renegade angels.   His mission is to kill Jessie so the angels can recover and secure the very dangerous Genesis.

Preacher is off-the-wall TV: In turns funny, smart, preposterous, zany, and dramatic with dollops of violence and great action scenes.  So if you enjoy TV through the rabbit hole check out Preacher.  The season premier is this Sunday and Monday on AMC.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Preacher--AMC
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 12:58:00 AM »
Watched it last year! Different, strange, a little violent for my taste, but made up for it in crazy story line and characters.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 06:56:46 PM »
Ponytail, sometimes you puzzle me.  You often say that too much violence and gore makes you queasy.  Yet, GoT, of which you are a huge fan, has some of the most violent, gory scenes I have ever seen on TV.  What's the deal, my friend?

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 07:00:09 PM »
Hey, MP, she's a woman. That's the deal.  -LOL-
Don't you know, by now, we are all very unpredictable ?

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 12:11:04 AM »
LOL Sometimes I puzzle myself, MP. Somehow GoT is different, but don't ask me why! Maybe because I just love the story so much.That guy that cut out his own heart in Preacher did it I guess. That was just a little too much. But I do plan on watching this season. And YEAH, bacali. we are unpredictable, and love it! Especially when the guys are shaking their heads!

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 08:02:52 AM »
<MP shakes his head.>  When am I ever going to learn not to ask such questions?<sigh> -duh-

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 01:50:49 PM »
<MP shakes his head.>  When am I ever going to learn not to ask such questions?<sigh> -duh-

-rollinglaugh- MP, don't get upset. You certainlay are not alone....most men don't understand us "purty" ladies.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 11:00:54 AM »
We like it when you ask questions! You always make me chuckle, my friend!

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2017, 12:46:00 PM »
We like it when you ask questions! You always make me chuckle, my friend!

Yes, we do.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2017, 11:28:18 PM »
MP supposes he is just a questionable kind of guy.....That didn't come out quite right, did it? :32:

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2017, 02:18:32 PM »
I did watch Preacher this season. Enjoyed it a lot. It's definitely a strange sort of show. Just like I like them!

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2017, 07:47:56 PM »
My daughter watches it religiously so I have seen bits and pieces.  I haven't been able to get that interested but probably because I never sat down and tried to follow it.  It reminds me of a Stephen King novel and I love his books.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal