Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Things are heating up!  (Read 1351 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Things are heating up!
« on: June 28, 2017, 11:20:47 AM »
Lots going on in Westeros! I thought it would be fun to have a few 'predictions' for the season. Hope some of you will give me yours as well.

Which Stark will be killed off?  Bran
Who will finally take down Cersei? Jaime
Who will get the spare dragons? Tyrion and Jon
Will one of the dragons die? yes
Will the Mountain and the Hound have a showdown? yes
Will Sansa fall under Littlefingers spell once more? no
Will Sam find the solution to defeating the White Walkers? yes
Will King's Landing be obliterated by Dani's dragons? yes
Will war begin in the north with the White Walkers? yes
Will the Wall come down? yes

That's enough for now. It has been a long wait for the new season this year, and it will be only 7 episodes (although some of them are a bit longer). And next year will be the final year. :(
There is a lot of talk and interest in doing another series set in the GoT world, hope they match up to my expectations!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 11:22:45 AM by ponytail »

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
Re: Things are heating up!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 11:24:00 PM »
Excellent questions and  predictions, Ponytail.  I will post my thoughts tomorrow.  Like you......CAN'T WAIT!! :08:

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 01:13:53 AM »
Yay! Someone to speculate with!

BTW, have you read any good books lately? I finished Robin Hobb's new trilogy--one of my very favorites ever. The saga came to a very appropriate end.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 05:19:25 PM »
Ponytail, MP subscribed to HBO last fall.  He began watching GoT, determined not to like it, and wound up devouring all six seasons in less than two weeks.  Totally, hopelessly hooked.

MP will address your questions in the order asked and add some of his own thoughts:

If any Stark is killed MP thinks it will be Jon in Season 8.  Bran might be important in the war against the White Walkers.  Plus with the beloved Hodor already dead, they can’t kill off Bran too.  Then again,
GoT offs just about everyone sooner or later.

MP agrees Cersei will go down, and will cheer when the thoroughly detestable but can’t-stop-watching-her Queen meets her demise in Season 8.     MP’s candidates are Danerys and Tyrion.

“Spare dragons?”—LOL—The dragons have only one mother, reborn of fire.  If you mean that one of the dragons could be dispatched to help in the war in the North, possible.  “Fire and Ice,” MP likes that.

Dragons dying?—eenie, meanie, minee, mo, catch a dragon by the toe……two

Mountain and Hound---maybe.  Hard to kill a man who’s already dead.

Sansa—agreed.  MP thinks Sansa will ultimately become Queen of the North and perhaps the entire seven kingdoms.   Unrelenting tragedy has tempered her into Queenie material.

We know that the White Walkers can be killed with “dragonglass,” obsidian.  Also, Valyrian steel can kill them.  Do you mean Sam will find another way?  e.g., a way to prevent WWs from raising/commanding the dead?

The dragons should turn King’s landing into a giant torch.

War in the North—yes

Season 7 should end with war in the South still raging and the White Walkers having taken the wall, forcing Rob to retreat.  We have not seen the last of the Red Woman…

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 03:39:24 PM »
Spare dragons--could they be ridden by another Targaryen? Jon is one, and Tyrion rumored to be one as well. There is also a theory that one of them will be killed in the North and become the Night King's dragon. It will be interesting to find out!

Sam at the Citadel--He's got to be there for some reason poring over all those scrolls, I think he'll find something helpful for Jon's battle with the white walkers.

Definitely see Jon as dying sometime. George Martin said his ending (to his books) will be bittersweet. I can see Jon as being the doomed hero of Westeros. He has always had that cloak of gloomy destiny around him. I don't think it likely his fate will be a happy one, but will be a sacrificial one.

Will Jaime be the one to kill off Cersei? I think it's possible after seeing that look of his in the season 6 finale.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 03:46:13 PM by ponytail »

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 05:38:44 PM »
Another candidate for killing both Cersei and the Mountain----the girl who is no one (Arya).

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 01:04:46 AM »
Yes, the Mountain is on her list. very possible.

And will we see Gendry? I'm curious if he will be a part of this season.

And Brienne and Pod. Brienne's story line is so different from the books. There needs to be some sort of resolution between her and Jaime, too. Maybe the honorable Brienne will take down Jaime.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal