Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Stormborn  (Read 2020 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Stormborn
« on: July 26, 2017, 10:51:30 AM »
Events are clicking into place!  All is set for the epic meeting between Jon and Dani, I can hardly wait! Will we see a meeting with the dragons, too? Or will that theory be put to rest? Will an alliance be forged? Will he get his dragonglass?

Oh my! Missendei and Grey Worm!

Euron has found his 'trophies' for Cersei, and doomed Dani's plan for a diplomatic approach to the throne. Sorry to see Yara captured and Theon turn chicken. Will he redeem himself....again? Could care less about Ellaria and her sand snakes.

Sam is doing his utmost at the Citadel. Everything falling into place for him, curing Jorah (with a hammer and chisel), finding a mountain of dragonglass for Jon...what next? I'm wondering if he will spend the rest of the story at the Citadel. Some of the best guessers think it is Sam who has written the history of GoT that we are watching. I could buy that.

The Nymeria/Arya arc is complete! I wish they could have joined together again, but they have each followed such different roads.

Now that Jon has put Sansa in charge of the North as he pursues dragonglass I am looking for trouble brewing with Littlefinger. Hopefully Brienne can keep the peace. My prediction is that Brienne will be done for this season.

And Bran has reached the wall...anyone else think he is the reason the wall will come down? He certainly made it possible for the Night King to get to the 3 eyed raven, I am thinking he will be the way the Night King gets through the wall. I also think the wall is doomed. So many possibilities.

The Hound and Beric are headed to Eastwatch...the flames showed the Hound a vision of the white walkers breaching the wall there, Jon also thinks that is where they will strike first since it is near Hardhome. That will be a battle to see, wonder if any dragons will show up...

« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 10:59:59 AM by ponytail »

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
Re: Stormborn
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 05:34:44 PM »
The final battle scene was magnificent!  It reminded MP of the famous military maxim, “no battle plan survives first contact with the enemy.”  Without Yara’s fleet, good luck on the siege of King’s Landing and the capture of Casterly Rock, Dani.  Back to the drawing, er battle board.
Theon bailing on Yara was perfect.  Theon had made strides coming back from the whimpering eunuch wuss Ramsay turned him into but he is far from finished and a relapse was understandable.  And what about Euron Greyjoy!  A nasty piece of work indeed.  The newest GoT supervillain?  Will Cersei actually marry this guy?

Auntie Dani and Jon to meet.  Will Jon bend a knee?  Will Dani permit Jon access to the dragonglass?  Can Jon turn Dani’s eyes to the north?  A dragon lend-lease program?  Will Jon’s lineage be revealed by riding a dragon?

Littlefinger is getting mighty full of himself.  You’ve come a long way, LF.  From lowly brothel owner/serial assassin to Lord of the Vale and savior of House Stark.  MP is changing LF’s name to Middlefinger. In Jon’s absence will he convince Sansa to march South?

MP believes Sam’s treatment of Jorah will fail. It might delay the progress of greyscale but it is not a cure.  MP believes ground dragonglass still has a role to play.

It was good to see Arya choose North and family instead of South and vengeance.  The Nymeria/Arya encounter was great.  Both have changed.  A foreshadowing of Arya becoming a leader of a pack?

The Wall—it will have to come tumbling down somewhere if the dead are to pass.  There must be a reason for the Night King to choose Eastwatch as the breach point but MP has no idea why.  An end-around, perhaps?

And last but not least, what will Tarly do? Jaime appears to be all-in on Cersei’s plan, at least for the time being. 

Overall, a good episode with a great battle scene.

TV trivia question Ponytail:  Diana Rigg, who plays the formidable Olenna Tyrell, played the kick-arse female lead in a Brit TV series that migrated across the pond to US syndication in the 1960s.  What was the series and what was her name?

« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 05:43:04 PM by Merry Prankster »

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 09:20:52 AM »
 I remembered the Avengers, but I had to look up the character she played--Emma Peel. Good series, I watched it all.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 12:45:44 PM »
I remembered the Avengers, but I had to look up the character she played--Emma Peel. Good series, I watched it all.

Well done, my friend!  Now, MP has a quiz for you to take:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/crystalro/which-bad-ass-got-woman-are-you?utm_term=.ftGr4BZml#.ps8r86eo3

Please inform me about your result.

MP just had a thought.  He has to write it down because it's such a rare occurrence.  Is the remnant of Stannis Baratheon's fleet still moored at Eastwatch?  If so, hmmmm.....a bargaining chip for Jon to use with Dany?  or does the Night King plan to use it to bypass the wall? 

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 11:48:11 PM »
Welp, I got Sansa. A Sansa thought--in the brief preview, we saw her walking away from the heart tree at Winterfell. In the books, Bran was able to "see" what was going on through the heart trees. Wonder if that will happen here, too, Or if he will be able to somehow communicate through them.
I am also wondering how Jon will find out he is a Targaryen.

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 09:18:18 AM »
Though I don't watch the show, I played the game.  I've read the first and some of the second book.  Here's what I go.

You got: Arya Stark

A girl is very clever and strong-willed. A girl marches to the beat of her own drum and really could care less what anyone else thinks. A girl follows her heart.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 11:59:18 AM »
Welp, I got Sansa. A Sansa thought--in the brief preview, we saw her walking away from the heart tree at Winterfell. In the books, Bran was able to "see" what was going on through the heart trees. Wonder if that will happen here, too, Or if he will be able to somehow communicate through them.
I am also wondering how Jon will find out he is a Targaryen.

Though I don't watch the show, I played the game.  I've read the first and some of the second book.  Here's what I go.

You got: Arya Stark

A girl is very clever and strong-willed. A girl marches to the beat of her own drum and really could care less what anyone else thinks. A girl follows her heart.

Two of the Queen Bees are avatars of the Stark sisters?  Yikes!  MP had better mind his Ps and Ls!

LindaM—The description of Arya is accurate but incomplete.  Arya is also an assassin, trained under the tutelage of a disciple of the God who has many faces.  After receiving her diploma by offing her combat instructor, Arya headed back to Westeros.

In the GoT scenes below, Arya single-handedly assassinates the despicable Lord Walder Frey and his entire clan.  Frey, the treacherous, lecherous waste of a human being, betrayed the Starks and was responsible for the murder of Arya’s mother and brother at the Red Wedding.  The scenes are worth the time required to watch them.  Revenge is sweet!  The North remembers….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw72ejliSYU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKUpFhY1Vdo
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 12:05:52 PM by Merry Prankster »

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 12:29:21 AM »
For a while I thought maybe Bran would cause the breech, but it looks more and more like the Night King will come around the wall as your link showed. Interesting, and the Hound and Beric are heading that way, too.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 06:06:56 PM »
Now I'm wondering if Bran will grow himself into that tree like the old 3 eyed Raven. Such a weird reunion with Sansa,

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal