Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: The Spoils of War  (Read 1045 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
The Spoils of War
« on: August 08, 2017, 02:59:29 PM »
“Chaos isn’t a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail, and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb, but refuse. They cling to the realm, or love, or the gods…illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is. But they’ll never know this. Not until it’s too late.” - Littlefinger

I found Bran's quoting 'chaos is a ladder' back to Littlefinger infinitely interesting in this episode. I remember the scene from Season 3 well, how it panned back and forth between Littlefinger's words and Joffrey and Sansa. Bran must see some of this chaos in Littlefinger's future. Hope so!

Loved the Arya/Brienne duel! I would be very worried Littlefinger. Our little assassin is a surprise to all at Winterfell. Love it!

Dani is now out of control, but I think she will learn to deal with her power, and be a force against the white walkers. Do you think Drogon will survive? I do, and the person who pulls out that spear? Hmmmm.

A Dani/Jon romance? I sure hope not. That would spoil the story for me, and I see no real chemistry between the two.

Pretty sure that is not the last we will see of Jaime. He will go out in a much more spectacular style at the hand of someone he knows.

Best battle yet! From the rumble of hooves in the distance and the frantic preparation for battle, to the screech and sudden appearance of Drogon...WOW! The mighty Lannister army a heap of ash in seconds. The Dothraki at war was something else!

Question: How could Tyrion be overlooking the battlefield, and greeting Theon at the same time? This is one of the things that bothers me the most about this show. How time plays no factor in the story. I keep asking myself these sorts of time related questions, like how can Varys be forming alliances in Westeros and sailing for it with Dani? Or how can Bran be wandering for years and make no progress? Not enough to really bother me, but just makes me go 'huh?' every once in a while.

3 episodes left, no white walkers yet, wondering how all that dragonglass is going to get to the Wall in a timely manner, wondering if Dani will go mad, or come back to being the queen we all know and love and if Tyrion will get back in her good graces. Is she Azor Ahai? Sure seems like they are setting her up for it. When will we see Jorah and Gendry again?

A great episode, watched it twice!

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
Re: The Spoils of War
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 06:01:14 PM »
You covered the landscape very well, Ponytail.  MP has a few comments, interlaced with his customary attempts at sophomoric humor (MP is trying to get to his junior year, honest!).

Jaime dead?  Say it ain't so, HBO.  MP is certain the wily Bronn will save the Kingslayer.  That water is awfully deep, considering Jamie went in about 3 feet from shore.  Will Jaime become Dany's prisoner?

The battle scene was epic!  Dragon, mad Queen, cavalry charges, blood, gore, human tiki torches...sorry, MP got carried away.   The best battle scene of Season 7 and one of the best in the entire series.  By the way, where was Euron Greyjoy and his fleet?  Cersei has Scorpion with Jaime so they anticipated Dany might attack, but no Euron? 

MP shares your frustration over GoT's constant abrupt time shifts/gaps.  MP expects the opening scene next week will be army of the North battling the Night King with fully forged dragon glass weapons (just kidding).  MP has a feeling it is about time for Gendry to make an appearance.

A Jon/Dany romance?  Say it ain 't so.....oops!  MP is getting redundant and saying the same thing twice.

The Stark sibling reunions get interestinger and interestinger.  They all have lost the familiar hand holds.  The sparring scene between Brienne/Arya was great!  Arya fired a warning shot across Middlefinger's bow.  None of the Stark siblings wish to play MF's games.  Watch your back, MF!

Well Cersei, will the Bank of Braavos impose sanctions?  Back to the wall, once again.

Dany must have more ships than Carter has pills.  Never let credibility get in the way of a good story.

MP is getting the sinking feeling that Season 7 will focus almost exclusively on the preliminary bout, e.g., the war between Dany and Cersei.  The main event, e.g., war with the Night King,apparently will be reserved for Season 8.

OVerall, a great episode!  Best yet!

Offline Sergeant Prankster

• Gold Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 08:36:23 AM »
Ponytail, MP asked me to pass along a message in case you did not see his shout.  If you get the chance, review the Arya/Brienne sparring scene from the very beginning of it.  Before the sparring begins, someone passes the open gate twice in the background behind Arya.  Could it be.........?

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 10:01:27 AM »
Sarge, I will do that, haven't had a chance lately to even get online much! I am really intrigued!

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 02:57:45 PM »
I did watch it, but nothing popped out to me. What did you see (or who)? Now I'm really curious.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 06:24:27 PM »
A woman with a long dress and long hair passes across the gate twice.   The second time she is there only for a second before the camera shifts.  The scuttlebut MP read  theorizes it was the ghost/avatar of Catelyn Stark.

I will post "Eastwatch" tomorrow.  The episode should have been titled "Annulment." :c029: :72:

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 08:23:17 PM »
Okay, I did see that woman in the long dress, but I didn't make the connection....hmmm. Good episode! Annulment info was a surprise!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal