Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: A Modest Proposal  (Read 3711 times)

Offline Court

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
    • The Reality Buzz
Re: A Modest Proposal
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2017, 03:21:06 PM »
I don't understand why these big automatic weapons are available to be bought by anyone, mental issues or not. I don't see why someone would need a machine gun or any of those other huge weapons. Theres no need of a civilian having that kind of weapon.

Yes it is! On everyone's birthday a little cake appears on your posts.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2017, 03:40:09 PM »
Thank you MP for posting those articles.  It seems there are laws on the books but loopholes that prevent some people from being reported.  The laws need to be strictly enforced and laws to prevent any loopholes like gun shows from being able to sell guns to people who may have been identified. 

Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2017, 03:44:19 PM »
I don't understand why these big automatic weapons are available to be bought by anyone, mental issues or not. I don't see why someone would need a machine gun or any of those other huge weapons. Theres no need of a civilian having that kind of weapon.

Yes it is! On everyone's birthday a little cake appears on your posts.

I totally agree !!!
I think most of us all around the world want the same thing.... for these automatic machine guns to be ban from civilians. I know nothing about guns....don't like them, myself... but, this device I hear about that can turn a regular gun into one of these weapons shooting hundreds of bullets in a few minutes... we have to get rid of this device, too.
I just want peace on earth  ..everyday...and just not in a Christmas song.

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2017, 11:33:49 PM »
I carry a gun. I have a license and I go to the gun range often to keep my skills current. I carry my gun all the time. I carry my gun to church. No one knows I have it. I don't "show it off".  But I guarantee you if I am in a situation with live fire I am going to do my best to protect myself and those around me. 

What stopped the guy in the church in Texas?  He saw someone else with a gun coming for him.  Did he shoot himself in that field or did the guy with the gun chasing him shoot?  The press kind of let that drop away.  I think the numbers would have been higher had he not run from the gun being carried by the hero.

Just my opinion.
Here's to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal