Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Veteran's Day  (Read 1766 times)

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Veteran's Day
« on: November 10, 2017, 02:09:29 PM »

Remember our veterans today. We owe them our freedom!!!

Offline Court

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
    • The Reality Buzz
Re: Veteran's Day
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 11:27:32 PM »
Canada's Veterans day is called Remembrance day! Ours is tomorrow!  -Canadian-    Go grateful for the Canadian and American men and women who have/are fighting for our freedom!

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 01:09:47 AM »
Veteran's Day is always celebrated on the same day here in the U.S (Nov 11th)...so, Canada and the US have this in common, this year.
Thanks, Court, for letting us American people know what this day is called...." Remembrance Day" in your country.
Both countries should do just this...remember what our brave veterans have done to make both our countries what they are today....giving us the freedoms we have.

-Canadian- -Americanflag-

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 01:25:14 AM »
My ladies group at church went to the Veterans Home here on Wednesday and gave the six women a little appreciation party.   We also made up bags of things they need and gave to them.  There are six women at the home among all those men.  It was so interesting to talk and interact with them.  One flew in a copter in Vietnam to pick up the dead and wounded.  Another served in the Pentagon and she said her work was top secret.  We visited one lady in her room as she said she had to stay there and be sure everything was going okay on her hall.  She had the greatest sense of humor.
I was impressed with the employees that we had contact with.  They seemed to have such affection for the residents there.  I hope all of the other workers are that way. 
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 09:50:30 AM »
What a wonderful thing to do, Snowbird! You never think as much about the brave women who served. They need special recognition, too. My husband was interviewed about Vietnam by a student at our local high school who is giving a speech on Veteran's Day. It did a lot for him, just talking about it to a young man who was so very interested in the service he gave to our country.
Love my vets! So proud of them and the service they have provided our country. Glad our family is carrying on our proud military tradition.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal