Non- Reality > Non Reality

The Alienist

(1/3) > >>

Merry Prankster:
The Alienist       Mondays at 9PM on TNT Catch-up available on TNT on Demand

TNT generally puts out less than stellar original content but The Alienist is very good.  A well-rendered adaptation of the Caleb Carr bestseller about a psychiatrist and his sidekicks in pursuit of a serial killer in turn-of-the century NYC.  The production values are fantastic, as the series brings to life the NYC of the time in all of its teeming glory, grit and squalor.  Issues of gender, class, police corruption and the human mind are explored in this richly layered, well-written, well-acted story.  MP highly recommends it.

Court:
It sounds like an interesting show.

ponytail:
Love, love, love this show! It caught me from the start. Unusual setting, story lines, and characters. It has it all! I like watching the investigative procedures from way back when...I somehow find it so intriguing!

Merry Prankster:

--- Quote from: ponytail on February 16, 2018, 12:43:23 PM ---Love, love, love this show! It caught me from the start. Unusual setting, story lines, and characters. It has it all! I like watching the investigative procedures from way back when...I somehow find it so intriguing!

--- End quote ---

MP could not agree more.  Some of the scenes are fantastic!  Like the opening scene of the most recent episode when Kreizler meets with the S&M madam (a former patient) to gain insight into the mind of the serial killer.  Also, the meeting with Dakota Fanning in Central Park.  Believe it or not, MP attended high school with a woman who later married and whose real-life story was eerily similar to the story of the woman with the empty baby carriage.  Chilling.

Merry Prankster:
Ponytail,  what did you think of Episode 6?  MP thought the last 15 minutes were absolutely riveting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version