Open Floor > Movie Reviews

Three Billboards

(1/2) > >>

ponytail:
Trying to watch some of the movies up for Oscars and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri is one of them! I would recommend you all watch it! It had me from the first minute until the last. Have any of you seen it?
Next up--I'm going to watch Murder on the Orient Express. One of my favorite Agatha Christie stories, with one of my favorite characters--Hercule Poirot.
Anybody have any favorites?

Merry Prankster:

--- Quote from: ponytail on March 03, 2018, 12:51:33 AM ---Trying to watch some of the movies up for Oscars and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri is one of them! I would recommend you all watch it! It had me from the first minute until the last. Have any of you seen it?
Next up--I'm going to watch Murder on the Orient Express. One of my favorite Agatha Christie stories, with one of my favorite characters--Hercule Poirot.
Anybody have any favorites?

--- End quote ---

Frances McDormand, one of MP's favorite female actors, is up for the Oscar for her performance.  He will be rooting for her!

ponytail:
Dunkirk and Darkest Hour--meh and zzzzzzzzzzzz. Dunkirk had great special effects, but was one loooong stream of death to the Brits waiting to be evacuated. Not my cup of tea.
Darkest Hour--snoozefest, Gary Sinise surely deserves recognition as Churchill, but I found the movie dragged, the language difficult to understand, and the plot boring.....

trouble405:
Watched Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri and it was a wonderful movie.  Sadly it was a little close to my family situation (my niece was on 3 billboards as a missing person in Springfield, MO) and I desperately wanted a different ending but this movie was spellbinding.

ponytail:
OMG trouble, tragic. I won't ask for details, but I hope all worked well, and she was found. What a world we live in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version