Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: WEATHER  (Read 16828 times)

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: WEATHER
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2015, 01:31:44 PM »
So. .how HOT is the temp where you live today? Ours is teetering on the 100 degree mark...and that's not the temp/humidity index ..which is about 108.( which they say is what it feels like).
I had a terminex man here yesterday because the ants are finding it too uncomfortable to live outdoors and have decided to occupy my bathroom now...a few weeks ago it was my kitchen... and this man was born and raised in Jamaica....this island.
He complained about the heat. When I said...huh??? You lived in Jamaica...a tropical island. ..he said.. "well, it wasn't this hot. No humidity there".
So....go figure!!! NJ has it all. The hottest of summers and the most miserable of winters...and in the nicer Fall weather....the hurricanes!!!
What's the name of that new planet they just discovered......  :smiley_confused1:

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2015, 01:57:32 PM »
The planet is called 'Kepler 452b'. But all they really know about the place is that it's in the Goldilocks zone so don't book your travel plans just yet.
 -BusVacation-

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2015, 03:30:23 PM »
We had that hot, humid weather, too, for a few days, but now it is beautiful. Hope it goes your way!

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2015, 10:05:36 PM »
The planet is called 'Kepler 452b'. But all they really know about the place is that it's in the Goldilocks zone so don't book your travel plans just yet.
 -BusVacation-
Ok, I'll stick around Earth .... for awhile. ( I hope)  :72:

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2016, 06:14:28 PM »
The storm is ranking as one of the top Blizzards on record.
Right now we have 2 and a half feet of snow and it's not supposed to stop for hours.
I can't even push open my doors, it's so high. Someone, from the outside will have to dig us out.
We are on a state of emergency and no one is allowed on any roads or they will be arrested.
I can't stand it. I feel trapped....especially since my hubby is so weak. God forbid I need to call anyone for help.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2016, 09:26:25 PM »
That's awful! I would feel the same way. Hope you can wait it out until someone can scoop your walk...that sounds scary.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2016, 11:58:01 AM »
Snowed in! There is really nothing that unusual about our little blizzard, but for the fact that I had to scrape the windows---of our house! They were all covered with wet, heavy snow so we couldn't see out. Gave me claustrophobia!

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2016, 02:48:32 PM »
How I long for a nice sunny Spring day. The temp is so erratic. One minute we have frigid, record breaking temp....then with in  24 hours the temp goes up almost 40 degrees and snows while doing this.....but, then turns to rain.
Today is another dismal day....around 39.
I need some  -flowergrowing- right now to perk me up.

Offline trouble405

• Diamond Bee
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2016, 08:28:30 PM »
we are in our back and forth weather.  One day it is 80 and the next it is 40.  This week has been chilly but it is warming up and should be 70 tomorrow.  I am going to play outside!!
Here's to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2016, 08:31:22 PM »
Was anyone else melting today?  :c029: was it hot out!!!

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2016, 11:29:56 PM »
Worst summer weather ever! Hot, hot, hot (over 100) several days last week, followed by torrential downpours, followed by overcast gloomy skies, followed by beautiful weather for a couple of hours (4th of July evening luckily), followed by clammy, muggy ugly days you could hardly breathe, followed by quick moving dangerous thunderstorm that blew down branches and overturned anything not nailed down, followed today by more muggy, heavy weather. Honestly, we've had about 4 hrs of good weather in the last couple of weeks.

I hear you loud and clear, bacali.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2016, 05:28:20 PM »
Worst summer weather ever! Hot, hot, hot (over 100) several days last week, followed by torrential downpours, followed by overcast gloomy skies, followed by beautiful weather for a couple of hours (4th of July evening luckily), followed by clammy, muggy ugly days you could hardly breathe, followed by quick moving dangerous thunderstorm that blew down branches and overturned anything not nailed down, followed today by more muggy, heavy weather. Honestly, we've had about 4 hrs of good weather in the last couple of weeks.

I hear you loud and clear, bacali.

-rollinglaugh-  -rollinglaugh-   You certain summed up our weather to perfection !!!

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2016, 09:53:33 AM »
It is strange weather here.  We can have 90s and no humidity and nice days or 90s and miserable weather.  The thunderstorms are strange (more like August than July) and I swear the trees are turning.  We have fawns that have lost their spots and new ones being born.  I think the earth is out of kilter. Oh and I saw a bobcat during the thunder storm on Thursday here.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2016, 02:02:12 PM »
How is everyone dealing with this heat? I, personally , hate it this hot.
Yesterday the humidity along with the temperature was so bad that it's unhealthy to go outdoors.
They say it's feels like 105 and over and I believe them. With this humidity , it's hard to breathe.
I think I'd rather have it cold as long as we didn't have snow.
And, God forbid we lose electricity...........I don't want to even think this. 
So everyone...think cool..... :49:

Offline LindaM

• Buzzified
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2016, 07:44:36 PM »
It's hot and humid.  It's more like early September than August and when you mow the lawn you get huge patches of thatch.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal