Open Floor > General Discussion

WEATHER

<< < (2/25) > >>

cak416:
You bet, I'll be praying for all in danger. In Pgh, we're just supposed to be getting high winds and flooding (from the creeks and rivers)--nothing like the flooding from the ocean surges. I'm not in an area that floods.  Bacali-I just heard on the Weather Channel that they have evacuated Cape May! All the stores will be closed, so there won't be any supplies for anyone left behind.
We've just had rain and light wind here all day. The said on the WC that if the power goes out, the food in your fridge will be good for 4 hours, the food in the freeezer will be okay for 48 hrs.  :o

bacali:
Cak... that's the point for closing everything with a mandatory evacuation....NO ONE should be left there, in Cape May...and no one should go outof their home, if they are stupid enough to ignor these evacuation warnings.
 Mandatory evacuations can't force people to leave ... but, they have said on all the channels that if you do stay... and get in trouble...that they may NOT be able to come help you. It will totally depend on how dangerous it is for the responders.
I don't ever think that this has happened...but, this is a first with this storm.
They have said that we have not or never will ever experience a storm like this in our lifetime.
The surge/or walls of water will cover most of Cape May with floods....so I wouldn't worry about whether "there are supplies for those left behind". Those left behind will be lucky to have just lived through this ...the way they are warning us.
Just imagine, though, if Pittsburgh is going to have high winds and flooding and you are that far away...what Cape May and the rest of NJ is going to get.
So..nope... no shopping for supplies...  :88:

Court:
They are calling for it to hit us tonight. Its supposed to last until sometime Tuesday.

Court:
They are now saying Southern Ontario is gonna be hit bad by it and to expect to be out of power for up to 72 hours should it go out. I live in Southern Ontario  :91:

Its already starting to get windy here. I'm not sure if I will have power or loose it. You can email me if you need something.

cak416:

--- Quote from: bacali on October 29, 2012, 12:16:42 AM ---Cak... that's the point for closing everything with a mandatory evacuation....NO ONE should be left there, in Cape May...and no one should go outof their home, if they are stupid enough to ignor these evacuation warnings.
 Mandatory evacuations can't force people to leave ... but, they have said on all the channels that if you do stay... and get in trouble...that they may NOT be able to come help you. It will totally depend on how dangerous it is for the responders.
I don't ever think that this has happened...but, this is a first with this storm.
They have said that we have not or never will ever experience a storm like this in our lifetime.
The surge/or walls of water will cover most of Cape May with floods....so I wouldn't worry about whether "there are supplies for those left behind". Those left behind will be lucky to have just lived through this ...the way they are warning us.
Just imagine, though, if Pittsburgh is going to have high winds and flooding and you are that far away...what Cape May and the rest of NJ is going to get.
So..nope... no shopping for supplies...  :88:

--- End quote ---

I just can't even imagine what you are getting.... :88:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version