Open Floor > Weekly Contest

Winter 2019 Paragraph Fun

<< < (2/3) > >>

Outlast:
....before she could turn around to sit down she noticed a small book shelf full of colorful child sized books facing the commode. Not one to miss a reading opportunity she picked a book with a bright red cover and sat down in the opportune spot for her convenience. She was just getting sucked into the illustrated edition of 'Little Red Riding Hood' when she happened to look again at the bookshelf facing her and noticed that the now open space between the books was glowing...

Outlast:
Ok somebody has to get this unnamed dame off the potty. -rollinglaugh-

...noticed that the now open space between the books was glowing. Intrigued she reached forward towards the light until she felt a tremendous force pulling her into the bookshelf! There is no dignity in magic she realized when she found herself standing in the middle of a dark wood without her pants. “Note to self pull up pants before reaching for the weird magical lights.” she said to herself her voice echoing strangely in the wood.

“Sounds like good advice.... Dearie.” spoke a strangely musical voice behind her....

Snowbird:
“Sounds like good advice.... Dearie.” spoke a strangely musical voice behind her....  She turned around to find herself face to face with a little man dressed in green.
"Are you some kind of magician?" she asked.
"I'm just a little man dressed for St. Patrick's Day," he said as he reached out and pinched her on the arm.
"What did you do that for?" she asked.
"Because you aren't wearing any green," he laughed.
He reached out to pinch her again and she turned and ran into the forest until she came to a .....

Outlast:
...a fork in the road. The path to the right was a dark narrow and steep one leading so it appeared even deeper into the woods. The path on the left was wide even and dotted with with gumdrops and ...was that dirt on the trail or was it crushed graham crackers? Definitely grahams crackers she decided after a mouthful of the stuff. Feeling suddenly much more cheerful she turned left and followed the candy trail, popping a gumdrop into her mouth each time she passed a red one. Before long the trees thinned out and she came to a bright cheery clearing containing exactly what you'd expect to see. "A gingerbread house!" she exclaimed clapping her hands in childlike delight. She was on her 6th mouthful of frosting when she paused as a vague memory from her childhood surfaced; a gingerbread house in the middle of the wood? It was so delicious! But why was something in her mind telling her to run?"

Snowbird:
Then she remembered the frightening story her dear mother use to tell her of Hansel and Gretel and the old witch who lived in a delicious house made of gingerbread and all the other tasty treats children like to eat.  She turned to leave, but not before grabbing one last handful of goodies, but it was too late as a bony hand grabbed her arm. 
"Where are you going my pretty?", said the crackling voice.
"Uh, I was just leaving.  Sorry for the damage I did to your house," she replied.
"Oh that's okay.  Help yourself.  It will grow back.  Why don't you come in?  I have chocolate turtles and malted milk balls inside, oh and some chocolate fudge.  You do love chocolate, don't you?"
She did love chocolate and it was tempting but she said ......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version