Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Winter 2019 Paragraph Fun  (Read 2705 times)

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
Winter 2019 Paragraph Fun
« on: January 26, 2019, 06:53:59 AM »
"It was on a dark icy cold January morning when she opened the old dusty trunk hidden in a dark corner of an even darker attic in her newly purchased home and found...."

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Winter 2019 Paragraph Fun
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 10:17:20 AM »
It was on a dark icy cold January morning when she opened the old dusty trunk hidden in a dark corner of an even darker attic in her newly purchased home and found...dust bunnies. She sighed, and started to close the lid when something caught her eye. It must have been overlooked when it's owner cleaned it out. She slid the old envelope out, opened it, and began to read. "To whom it may concern, I, being of sound mind and body, leave my entire estate to the finder of this trunk." Sincerely, Barton T. Oglethorpe Esq. She looked inside again, felt all around, and sighed once more. Just her luck, never first, always second.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 10:51:51 AM »
It was on a dark icy cold January morning when she opened the old dusty trunk hidden in a dark corner of an even darker attic in her newly purchased home and found...dust bunnies. She sighed, and started to close the lid when something caught her eye. It must have been overlooked when it's owner cleaned it out. She slid the old envelope out, opened it, and began to read. "To whom it may concern, I, being of sound mind and body, leave my entire estate to the finder of this trunk." Sincerely, Barton T. Oglethorpe Esq. She looked inside again, felt all around, and sighed once more. Just her luck, never first, always second.

But as she stood up and turned around to go she noticed a shadow behind an old cabinet standing in the far corner of the attic.  As she started to speak the shadow disappeared.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 09:48:45 AM »
But as she stood up and turned around to go she noticed a shadow behind an old cabinet standing in the far corner of the attic.  As she started to speak the shadow disappeared...into the dark recesses of her attic. Nonplussed, but curious she pulled out her trusty flashlight, which was a nice dangerously-heavy metal one rather than a plastic one and well suited to be a lethal weapon if need be, and advanced towards the wall where the shadow had seemingly disappeared only to discover a poorly concealed door. Being a brave kind of gal she opened the door...

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2019, 02:28:29 AM »
Being a brave kind of girl she opened the door and found herself in what appeared to be a over sized dollhouse.  The room was divided up into a kitchen, living room, bedroom and a little bathroom.  The furniture was the size fitted for a three or four year old.  As she had finished off two cokes before going into the attic she walked straight to the commode but before she could turn around to sit down she noticed a ......
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 03:13:09 PM »
....before she could turn around to sit down she noticed a small book shelf full of colorful child sized books facing the commode. Not one to miss a reading opportunity she picked a book with a bright red cover and sat down in the opportune spot for her convenience. She was just getting sucked into the illustrated edition of 'Little Red Riding Hood' when she happened to look again at the bookshelf facing her and noticed that the now open space between the books was glowing...

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 08:38:28 AM »
Ok somebody has to get this unnamed dame off the potty. -rollinglaugh-

...noticed that the now open space between the books was glowing. Intrigued she reached forward towards the light until she felt a tremendous force pulling her into the bookshelf! There is no dignity in magic she realized when she found herself standing in the middle of a dark wood without her pants. “Note to self pull up pants before reaching for the weird magical lights.” she said to herself her voice echoing strangely in the wood.

“Sounds like good advice.... Dearie.” spoke a strangely musical voice behind her....

« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 08:40:39 AM by Outlast »

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2019, 02:07:41 AM »
“Sounds like good advice.... Dearie.” spoke a strangely musical voice behind her....  She turned around to find herself face to face with a little man dressed in green.
"Are you some kind of magician?" she asked.
"I'm just a little man dressed for St. Patrick's Day," he said as he reached out and pinched her on the arm.
"What did you do that for?" she asked.
"Because you aren't wearing any green," he laughed.
He reached out to pinch her again and she turned and ran into the forest until she came to a .....

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2019, 08:10:56 AM »
...a fork in the road. The path to the right was a dark narrow and steep one leading so it appeared even deeper into the woods. The path on the left was wide even and dotted with with gumdrops and ...was that dirt on the trail or was it crushed graham crackers? Definitely grahams crackers she decided after a mouthful of the stuff. Feeling suddenly much more cheerful she turned left and followed the candy trail, popping a gumdrop into her mouth each time she passed a red one. Before long the trees thinned out and she came to a bright cheery clearing containing exactly what you'd expect to see. "A gingerbread house!" she exclaimed clapping her hands in childlike delight. She was on her 6th mouthful of frosting when she paused as a vague memory from her childhood surfaced; a gingerbread house in the middle of the wood? It was so delicious! But why was something in her mind telling her to run?"

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2019, 11:37:14 PM »
Then she remembered the frightening story her dear mother use to tell her of Hansel and Gretel and the old witch who lived in a delicious house made of gingerbread and all the other tasty treats children like to eat.  She turned to leave, but not before grabbing one last handful of goodies, but it was too late as a bony hand grabbed her arm. 
"Where are you going my pretty?", said the crackling voice.
"Uh, I was just leaving.  Sorry for the damage I did to your house," she replied.
"Oh that's okay.  Help yourself.  It will grow back.  Why don't you come in?  I have chocolate turtles and malted milk balls inside, oh and some chocolate fudge.  You do love chocolate, don't you?"
She did love chocolate and it was tempting but she said ......

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2019, 10:12:21 PM »
"I certainly do, but after snacking on your house and path I could really do with a cup of tea." she said, mustering up a smile that she hoped didn't invite cannibalism.

The Witch smiled showing a row of sharp pointy teeth. "Tea it is then!" she said grabbing her by the arm and dragging her inside. Twenty minutes and two cups of tea later and she was having a grand old time. It turns out she the witch had a common love of gardening. Granted she grew flowers and herbs and the witch grew cupcakes and cookies, but the principles were remarkably similar.

Finally she worked up the nerve to ask the witch THE question. "Is it ok if I ask... why didn't you eat me?"

"Eat you?!" the witch actually looked offended at the notion. "My dear you have me all wrong!" she exclaimed setting down her teacup with a crash.

"But...I thought...you know a witch in a ....gingerbread house... you...don't you eat people?" she stammered.

"Well I certainly wouldn't put it liked that." the witch sniffed derisively. "Since you're so nosy I'll tell you strait out. I do NOT eat people as you so dreadfully put it. I only eat children. Small children at that. You can't possibly expect me to be interested in someone your age, why I... my dear how could anyone enjoy mutton once they've had veal?" the witch smiled again showing her pointy teeth.

She smiled back, more out of pure fear than any genuine warmth of feeling. Once she could finally speak again, she politely refused a third cup of tea and took her leave of the witch, backtracking down the gumdrop path to the fork in the road and this time she took the right path. Mutton indeed.

"Well here we go then." she said, hoping for a better companion on her next adventure. Dark, steep and narrow was looking far better than gumdrops at the moment.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal