Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: GoT Potpourri  (Read 2051 times)

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
GoT Potpourri
« on: September 18, 2017, 12:18:06 PM »
Vendoline Christie co-stars with Elisabeth Moss in Top of the Lake: China Girl, on Sundance TV.  Unlike the self-assured, supremely confident Brienne, Christie plays an insecure, somewhat goofy, semi-competent cop who partners with Moss to investigate the murder of a sex worker.  It is a well-acted, well-written story (Jane Campion) that gets into all manner of hot button issues women face in the workplace and in their personal lives.  Worth the watch.  It is available on Sundance Now on the web until mid-October.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
Re: GoT Potpourri
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 05:13:33 PM »
Fairy tale to real world fairy tale:  Ygritte and Jon Snow, lovers for a while on GoT, just got engaged.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/game-of-thrones-stars-kit-harington-and-rose-leslie-to-marry

Rose Leslie, who played Ygritte, is a star of The Good Fight, a spin-off of the Good Wife, on CBS all access.  A very good series.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 02:53:53 PM »
Peter Dinklage is co-starring with Frances McDormand et al. in Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.  The movie has received very good reviews.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 07:34:31 PM »
Ponytail, a good interview with one of your favorites, Brandon Sanderson:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/in-game-of-thrones-withdrawal-brandon-sanderson-can-help

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 08:52:21 AM »
Hafpor Julius Bjornsson, who plays Gregor Clegane on GoT, just won the World's Strongest Man competition for 2018. It seems fitting.  Don't mess with the Mountain!

Some bad news for George Martin fans, Ponytail.  The next volume of Song of Ice and Fire will not be out until 2019.  Martin strikes again!

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2018, 05:04:13 PM »

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2018, 11:35:48 PM »
 I've resigned myself to not ever being able to finish Martin's books! 2019 will be great, but I'll believe it when I see it!

I have been reading Oathbringer, Brandon is a great author! I think Martin should ask him for help! He did a reasonably good job for Jordan.

HBO would be foolish not to cash in on the cash cow of GoT. I just hope it is as good. Another year until we finish it off! Really looking forward to finding out the fate of all the characters we have grown to love and hate.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 06:59:06 PM »
Ponytail, Richard Madden, who played Robb Stark, stars in Bodyguard, a Brit series coming to Netflix today. It received a pretty good review.
  https://www.thedailybeast.com/inside-bodyguard-the-uks-most-watched-show-lands-on-netflix-with-a-bang?ref=home

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2018, 12:42:59 AM »
 I will have to watch that one! I also heard he is in the running to be the next James Bond!
Funny side fact...when I was in London last year, we had great fun visiting with random Brits. They are so proud to be known for James Bond, and Harry Potter!

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2018, 06:40:31 PM »
I will have to watch that one! I also heard he is in the running to be the next James Bond!
Funny side fact...when I was in London last year, we had great fun visiting with random Brits. They are so proud to be known for James Bond, and Harry Potter!

You visited London?  Great choice!  The English also love their football (soccer).  If England ever wins the World Cup, MP expects everyone in London to be drunk for at least a year.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2019, 07:37:58 PM »
I had some of my best beer, and worst pizza in London! We visited my son, who was working there, and he took us on some pub crawls. Lots of fun.
Another of our 'favorite' GoT actors has turned up. I just by chance watched Project Blue Book and ran across (Littlefinger) Aiden Gillen in the lead role! It's a recurring series about UFO's in the 1950's. He is a scientist, but also a believer, not unlike Fox Mulder. I think it's on the History Channel.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal