Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Final Season  (Read 1295 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Final Season
« on: March 31, 2019, 10:48:49 PM »
The long awaited final season of Game of Thrones takes off April 14! Here is a link to a list of episodes to watch to review and prepare for the big day! https://ew.com/tv/2019/03/29/game-of-thrones-bryan-cogman-rewatch-guide/

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
Re: Final Season
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 08:17:06 PM »
ponytail--as for episode summaries/reactions for the final season, MP will take the lead in posting on odd-numbered episodes and you take the lead on even-numbered, OK?

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 10:26:32 PM »
Yes! Please start it off, I will be on vacation (Hawaii) for the first 2 episodes, but I will be able to summarize number 2 by Wednesday after it airs. I am looking forward to our back and forth!

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 08:36:49 AM »
How can you possibly leave Westeros for Hawaii, young lady?  Just kidding!  MP is jealous.  MP will handle episode #1 and wait patiently for you to post on #2.

Offline Merry Prankster

• Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 08:24:34 PM »
Season 8 Episode 1---Winterfell

New opening credits, a bit of table setting, lots of character reunions and an HBO lie.  MP enjoyed "Winterfell."  A few random observations:

Dani has no northern fan club and the northern nobles believe Jon committed a butt fumble when he took a knee.  The Sansa/Dani relationship started off like the weather up North, cold and brittle.  They need to stop acting like a couple of prideful, spiteful high school girls and start acting like leaders.

Arya and Gendry sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G....'nuff said.  Arya/Hound had a tender, touching reunion:  Hound--You left me to die.  Arya--I robbed you first.  MP would like to have a beer with Arya.

MP thought the dragon ride date was awkward.  Jon's solo dragon ride was either Harry Potterish or he was imitating a passenger on a Boeing 737 Max 8 that barely avoided crashing.  Making out in the frozen tundra with 40 layers of warm clothing on is not MP's idea of a great date.  And never make out in front of the kids!  The best part of the scene was Drogon's less than enthusiastic reaction to Jon the suitor.

Speaking of awkward, how about the Sansa/Tyrion reunion?  Sansa is certainly a lot more savvy about Cersei than is Tyrion, who seems to be a complete idiot when it comes to understanding his sister.

MP was glad that the writers were able to shoehorn in Cersei for a scene.   Speaking of shoehorns, Euron finally shoehorned Cersei into bed.  MP is sort of warming up to Euron.  He's an arrogant, brutal jerk but he's also brutally honest and unpretentious in a story filled with characters with hidden agendas. Is Cersei pregnant or not?

Bronn--will you really assassinate the Lannister brothers?  Say it ain't so Bronn, say it ain't so.

Poor Sam.  Dani did not exactly cushion the blow when she told him about executing his father and brother.  He seemed to relish telling Jon about his true parentage.

MP is glad that Beric and Tormund survived the collapse of the wall.

Jaime/Bran--The last scene was the best.  The hooded figure turns, revealing Jaime's face.  He looks across the yard and locks eyes with the inscrutable oracle, Bran.  If this had been a western it would have been six-shooters at 20 paces.

Jon--MP thought he came off as a pansy.  He lost respect from the Northern nobles and got batted around like a pinata by the dominant females.  What will Jon do now that he knows his lineage and claim to the Iron throne?  Jon needs to relocate his pair, man up and start being a leader.

All in all, the encounters between the Northerners and non-Northerners did not go well.   Suspicion, mistrust and simmering resentment abound.  These people need to get their act together in a hurry because the Night King and the Army of the Dead are a comin'...

Note to HBO:  Season 8 is only 6 episodes but HBO claimed they would be much longer than in previous seasons.  After Winterfell MP has only one thing to say:  Put up or shut up, HBO.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 12:12:17 PM by Merry Prankster »

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 05:58:02 PM »
I, too, loved the new opening credits. Must give them a more careful look-see to get what I'm sure I missed.

Loved the opening with Jon, Dani, the armies, and Arya on the sidelines taking it all in. Jon has some 'splainin' to do, that's for sure.

Sam and Bran are a powerfully persuasive pair. As are Jon's family and people. Jon's character so far, has been up to the task, I can't see him failing now. Even though he has been pansying around, I think his true nature will win through.The 'talk' between him and Dani will be quite something. I am done, done, done with the Jon//Dani romance. (Question though, will their love affair produce a child, and because of that, will the dragons produce more eggs? I can see the final scene being a shot of 3 eggs nestled in the sand somewhere).

Arya, Arya, Arya. I predict she will wind up in King's Landing, taking care of Cersei while the Hound takes care of the Mountain. Surely some of the others will also join in.

Theon, Euron, Yara...time to get rid of some of the characters, I think these 3 will be the first to go. Maybe they will be able to take survivors of the big battle to the Iron Islands to regroup, but at a price.

So we are prepared for a big battle with the Night King at Winterfell. Tormund and Beric probably won't make it. I can't see a chance of success, so a strategic retreat maybe, but to where? Not that I know anything about war or strategy. The Iron Islands? Where they will regroup and recoup? I somehow think they will all wind up in King's Landing, where it will all go down for once and all. Just enjoying supposing and what-iffing.

Jaime, a big question for me. Will he see Cersei again? Will he be the one to end her life? Will he, in an ironic turn of events be the one to save Bran? Will he be another kingslayer and do in the Night King? He has to have some sort of epic end, surely he won't survive.

What to do about Tyrion, no clue, no guesses, no idea what his role will be. He seems to be on the outside looking in. Same with Varys (will Melisandre show up again)?

Disappointed the show wasn't longer, I was under the impression all of them would be. Next week's is about the same length as well. Trusting it will all be put together in fine order, though.

Glad the wait is over! That show lasted about 5 minutes in time though, seemed like it just got started and it was over.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 09:14:48 AM by ponytail »

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 10:16:29 PM »
How can you possibly leave Westeros for Hawaii, young lady?  Just kidding!  MP is jealous.  MP will handle episode #1 and wait patiently for you to post on #2.

I was a week ahead of myself! All is good!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal