Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Discussion  (Read 5001 times)

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Discussion
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2019, 06:39:57 PM »
It's so funny how Rachel has grown on me over the years. I sure didn't like her much the first season of BB, grew to root for her the year she won (after Brenden left), and have loved her ever since.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2019, 06:41:27 PM »
What the heck is with Janelle? She hasn't said 2 words this season. I was looking for some fun moments from her and Britney.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2019, 10:31:57 PM »
Funny, ponytail , that you say that Rachel has sort of "grown" on you. Me too.
I actually remember the first season she was on BB and sat on the hammock with Brenden.
They started talking about his subjects in school which ..??, she was interested in.
The rest is history, so they say.

As far as Janelle and Britney on TAR, I don't think they have been given much air time.
Maybe that's because there are so many couples in the race?
But, I, too was wishing to see them more. Maybe see Britney whine a bit.
Maybe, they are focusing on couples who are going to be eliminated and will give more
air time to couples later on who persevere.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2019, 04:23:45 PM »
I hated to see Britney and Janell leave but then too I have found myself liking all the couples this year.  At least all the ones still on.  I didn't care for Corrine and Eliza one bit.  I am like some of you.  I began liking Rachel the second time she was on and was thrilled that she won.  She played such a good game that year.  I liked Elissa when she played and thought she was at a disadvantage when they found out she was Rachel's sister.  That wasn't hard to do since they look so much alike.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2019, 03:14:05 PM »
Well, I finally watched TAR last night and also was sad to see Britney and Janelle eliminated.
Funny, but, I guess it doesn't pay to have money because the first thing Janelle thought of when she saw the
clue "rolex" was a watch. LOL

It was fun, too , watching Rachel's ugly cry again on the first show when she thought she was going to be eliminated. I say this because this is classic Rachel.

I really haven't any favorite team. I like them all and think this was a great cast this time around.

Offline Court

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
    • The Reality Buzz
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2019, 08:58:45 PM »
Rachel grew on me as well the second she played on Big Brother, but she is reminding me why I disliked her in first place. All of her whining and crying is annoying.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2019, 12:20:04 AM »
I have lost some respect for Victor and Nicole.  Why would they think if they asked someone who they were told were planning to give them a U-turn that they would get the truth from anyone?  For trying to do a good deed and help out friends Rachel and Elissa are now the ones on everyone's radar.  I hope that Victor and Nicole are really u-turned by the Fun team so they will realize they have treated R. and E. like dirt. 
I just hate to see someone accused of things they didn't do.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2019, 11:34:40 PM »
I have lost some respect for Victor and Nicole.  Why would they think if they asked someone who they were told were planning to give them a U-turn that they would get the truth from anyone?  For trying to do a good deed and help out friends Rachel and Elissa are now the ones on everyone's radar.  I hope that Victor and Nicole are really u-turned by the Fun team so they will realize they have treated R. and E. like dirt. 
I just hate to see someone accused of things they didn't do.
I thought it was bad play all around. FUN and the Afghanimals shouldn't have brought the Reilly Sisters into their yield conversations. The Sisters shouldn't have told Vic and Nicole ('anybody but me' is an Amazing Race thing too) and IF they did tell them then they should've been completely honest about it. The problem is they were so shady about it that Vic and Nicole smelled a rat, even if there was no actual rat. I think behind it all the sisters just hate FUN and wanted them to get the sole blame. What other reason could they have for refusing to mention the Afghanimals and instead saying FUN and 'many teams' were in on it?

Visually I loved this episode... it was just beautiful in Switzerland!

I am perpetually annoyed by the bunching at the start of every leg though. It's a bit frustrating gamewise when there is no place for a good team to pass a struggling team (referring specifically to the extreme side of the Detour where it appeared there was no way to pass on the course, only the possibility of catching up to the team directly ahead of you and leaving at nearly the same time). Even so it's notable that all four Amazing Race teams finished in the top four. Foreshadowing maybe?

There have been too many non-elims for this early in the race for my taste.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2019, 03:56:34 PM »
I agree with the both posts.
One of the reasons I watch TAR is for the amazing scenery and learning how other people around the world live. I know I shall never get to any of these places.
Rachel and her sister, were only trying to help out another BB team. And, I, too was a bit surprised that Victor took their information so meanly.
I still like them, but, I mostly enjoy watching  Leo and Jamal and the Reilly girls,... but, I do love Bret...actually I like all the remaining teams.  :clap:
It's hard, for me, to root for a specific team this season.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2019, 11:50:38 PM »
Sad to see Rachel and Elissa go. 
I had forgotten about what a whinny voice Nicole can have. 

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2019, 05:39:21 PM »
I always enjoy watching Rachel. I'm surprised they made it as far as they did.
And, it's funny watching her try to act "blessed" when you know how angry she is that they are being eliminated.
But, she has made a record on TAR history. :clap: :clap:

Offline Court

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
    • The Reality Buzz
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2019, 10:24:24 AM »
I’m glad Rachel and Elissa are out. The whining, crying and mean girl attitudes drove me crazy.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2019, 03:19:28 PM »
Only thing I can figure is that those coins must've been mostly further out in the deeper water. No way they should've been that hard to find when Bret and Chris were the only people there. They must've been looking in the wrong place right?

(either that or the producers wanted everyone to do poetry because that boat ride was wild TV)

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2019, 11:44:33 PM »
Only thing I can figure is that those coins must've been mostly further out in the deeper water. No way they should've been that hard to find when Bret and Chris were the only people there. They must've been looking in the wrong place right?

(either that or the producers wanted everyone to do poetry because that boat ride was wild TV)

You never know. I just watched it tonight, and was disappointed that Brett and Chris were eliminated.
I would have thought that for this challenge there would have been more coins. How did they know how many teams would choose the snorkeling? And, if they could only find 3, they certainly didn't distribute many around. Unless, the coins were put there some time before and they sunk deeper with the flow of the water. Who knows.
So, now on to the next show where I love watching the scenery and the native people watch these wild Americans run through their towns. LOL

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2019, 02:42:59 AM »
I agree Bacali.  I think the coins were either washed out further than what they were suppose to be or they sank in the sand.  There should have been plenty there since they would not know how many couples would do it.  I wish they had gone on to the poem thing and had stuck it out until they got it right.  I think they gave up too easily.  I hated to see them go but then I have hated to see every couple go except Corrine and Liza or what ever their names were.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal