Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... twitter

Author Topic: Discussion  (Read 4696 times)

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
  • “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns
Discussion
« on: April 05, 2019, 07:42:23 PM »
Let's talk about TAR.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
Re: Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 10:13:51 PM »
Even though I've never missed any show of the Survivor or BB, I don't remember all of these people.
But, the ones I do remember I like.
Britney is teamed with Janelle, and Rupert and his wife are together, Rachel and her sister and Nicole and Victor are the ones I recognize off hand.
I do look forward the show and wonder how in the world Rachel will do this another time without Brenden to whine to. He always, always seemed to be her stabilizer. We will just have to wait and see.

I got a bit excited when I saw a link with Boston Rob on it. I really would love to see him and "Amba" play.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 11:47:26 PM »
 Lots of big personalities--clashes, infighting, crying, dirty tricks, double dealing...wow, this show will have it all! And laughs, too!

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 07:30:39 AM »
I'm glad they finally have an air date for this! It seems like forever ago we first heard they were filming and I recall at the time being disappointed with the casting when they had such an enormous talent pool to choose from, but at this point I don't even remember who most of the teams were and it's been so long since we had a new season of TAR to watch hopefully it will deliver.

I got a bit excited when I saw a link with Boston Rob on it. I really would love to see him and "Amba" play.
They have four young daughters to raise so they probably aren't willing to both go away for 6 weeks to film.

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 11:47:44 AM »
Since I just went through all the threads and complained about who was cast for this season I thought I’d indulge in making a list of the teams I would’ve loved to see racing this season.

From TAR
Kevin and Drew TAR1
Nancy and Emily TAR1
Blake and Paige TAR3
Lind and Karen TAR5
BJ and Tyler TAR9

From BB
Chilltown BB2 & 7
Dick and Dani BB8
Johnny Mac and Steve BBwhatever
Kevin and the Rodeo Clown BB19
Bret and Scotty BB20

From Survivor
Greg and Colleen S1
Ethan/Lex/Big Tom S3
Brian and Helen S5
Rob C and Matteo/Butch/Roger S6
Sandra and JFP/Rupert S7
Shane Powers and Courtney Marit S12
Ace and Sugar S17
Coach and Tyson S18 & 20
David Wright and Hannah
Christian and Davey!

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 06:22:23 AM »
How do you remember all those people, Outlast?  I must be a lot older than you because I didn't remember half of those you named.

Rupert and Laura almost bit the dust last night.  I was glad to see them stay in a while longer.
Our lives end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Dr. Martin Luther King

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 09:46:08 AM »
Not a fantastic beginning overall. Again I think the casting was off on too many of these teams.

WHAT I LIKED
The starting sand pile dig was a nice simple way to space out the teams even though we all knew that this being modern amazing race there was little chance of any real airport separations.

The chocolate shoe challenge was hard and interesting. Always nice to see something new.

The slippery slope was ok in the end. It seemed a bit lame after everyone appeared to do it so easily, but I guess some teams had trouble with it.

TEAM RANKINGS/MUSINGS

Team Fun!!!!!!! - so positive and I almost screamed when Floyd talked about betting his half of the million... are winner quotes a thing on TAR?

Colin and Christie - I've been re-watching old races in the long stretch between new seasons and I couldn't stand C & C by the end of their season, yet I find I'm oddly happy to see them again and to see how well they're doing now. 

Rupert and Laura - I admit I smiled when he came on my TV screen. I don't even know why because he's so played out on reality TV, but I was still happy to see him for some reason. But again it has to be said it was a stupid idea to cast his wife instead of Sandra/JFP. Rupert and Laura together are too calm and mellow about this situation. He NEEDS someone to push him and Laura just isn't going to do it.

Afganimals - Doing it for Pedro! (ok ok so I laughed maybe they're not so bad even if their spot should've gone to the Hippies or the Cowboys).

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2019, 03:01:44 AM »
I was pleased to see Rupert's determination to make it up that slope. 
I didn't like the way Corrine and her partner were talking about the other couples.  I hope they will be out soon.

Offline ponytail

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2019, 08:01:07 PM »
I am liking Victor and Nicole more and more. They are so good natured! And I'm still a fan of Team Fun. I've been looking for more sparks from BB, Brit and Jan are just ho hum so far, same with Rach and Elis.

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2019, 12:50:15 AM »
I hated to see Rupert and Laurie out of the race but I expected it.  I don't think they had much of a chance to go very far anyway.

I like Nicole and Victor too.  I think they are just right for each other.  I love the idea of having couples from other show.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2019, 02:02:17 AM »
Poor Rupert! I wish he and his wife could have gotten the hang of the race and stayed in longer.
I'm sure that's it isn't easy.
All that running around really is for the young.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2019, 10:10:35 PM »

I feel I am so behind some days catching up with my shows. On this dismal, rainy Sunday I finally got to watch "The Amazing Race".
I have enjoyed this show from the first day it was on, because I love watching the locale of these round the world places that I will never go to.
These last challenges were so funny. I have to say that the Team Fun... is just that , funny to watch, and oh so nice to each other.
If I'm wrong, because, even with this site I'm not remembering teams and seasons on all these shows, as some people are, I think Team Fun was the year on TAR that people were just put together. Well. I love them!
Then, I go to our BB teams with Rachel and her sister and Janelle and Britney, and Nicole and Victor,... I love watching them. Rachel, again, tonight having another "meltdown" and her sister calming her down. Classic Rachel!!
I do also remember.. the 2 boys, I forget their abbreviated name, Jarmanials ?... but, it's Leo and Jamal. I love them , too. Their personalities. Love how they enjoy the race and enjoy each other. They make me smile.
And, I , too laughed so hard tonight when the Irish Bostonian, Bret, with no dancing talent tried so hard.

So, as you can tell, I really am enjoying this season of The Amazing Race, alot. Nothing I hated more was to get a group of grumpy, fighting couples to watch when I was sitting down trying to relax.
Great cast this season!!!  :victory:

« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 10:13:31 PM by bacali »

Offline Outlast

• Buzzified
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2019, 10:20:49 PM »
I was happy most of this episode (other than the few minutes of panic I experienced when Team Fun couldn't find a cab) because my three least favorite two least favorite teams were at the back for most of the episode.

How typical of Eliza and Corinne to be sore losers to the highest degree possible. But at least they are gone!!!!  :c029:

Really annoyed with Rachel and her sister for not switching detours. The boats were so much faster and since they were right there on the river they had every reason to know this. They got lucky that Eliza was that incompetent on the scooter.

Still loving my Team Fun!  :whoo:

Offline Snowbird

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2019, 01:30:40 AM »
I was thrilled to see the mean girls go!  They were unnecessarily rude and ugly about Rachel and Elissa.  What sore losers.  Did they think the fans of TAR will like how they acted?

I wanted Nicole and Victor to come in first.  They are so fun to watch together and seem to have a lot of respect for each other.

Offline bacali

• Administrator
  • Buzzified
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2019, 03:20:30 PM »
I feel this same way about Eliza and Corinne. I didn't care for their attitude either and was kind of happy to see them go.
But, I have them on my team for our game so.....!
I'd rather watch Rachel and her sister and wouldn't have liked if they were eliminated.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal